Dragon Troubles

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I lean against the balcony of my room, which is in one of the taller towers of the castle. I look out at the water, seeing the warm Summer Sea practically glowing in the moon and star light.

Sighing heavily, I turn around, sitting down and lean against the stone railing, looking up at the sky.

The whole idea of truth is such a bullshit concept. There is no truth anymore in Westeros. Only better and better lies. Lies about my father...

A lone tear trickles down my cheek and I sigh, leaning back and closing my eyes, hoping to get some amount of sleep.

"Evelyn?"

I open my eyes, seeing myself glowing for the first time in what feels like forever. I immediately look up and seeing a glowing Daenerys standing across the balcony.

"Dany!"

She turns to me and I bolt up, moving to embrace her but then I remember I can't actually touch her, and her me.

"Evelyn! I-I couldn't talk to you for so long, what happened? Where are you? Tell me!"

She instantly demands, hands up to my cheeks, not touching but the comfort and care is still in the thought right there.

My body shakes as I relive the memories of what happened in a flash. Falling to the ground Daenerys immediately drops with me.

"Evelyn, please talk to me!"

She practically begs, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Where...where do I even start?"

I remark, looking up at the sky.

"From where we spoke last. Right before the battle."

"We won."

I say coldly and she looks taken aback.

"Evelyn, what's wrong?"

"Everything!"

I shout, glaring directly her.

"Everything is fucking wrong! I grew up being raised by the man that killed my father! Maege is dead! Robb is dead! Ashara is gone! Everyone I knew is fucking gone!"

I scream, tears falling as I cry into my hands, feeling completely overwhelmed as I just want this pain I carry every day to be over with.

I look back at Daenerys with teary eyes.

"I came to Starfall... My Aunt Ashara is alive and so is my cousin, Edric."

I sniffle.

"But Ashara knew something... Knew a huge secret that is supposedly too hard for me to hear."

I spit sarcastically. Daenerys holds my look with her violet eyes, her inching closer to me.

"I thought Lord Stark was an honorable man...that he'd never lie."

She says and I sigh heavily.

"I did too..."

I whisper softly. We stay in silence for so long, it's kind of unnerving. I look at her, seeing her eyes closed.

"Dany."

I catch her attention as her violet eyes connect with mine.

"What has been happening with you?"

I ask and she looks away with a sigh.

"I lost control."

She whispers, tears stinging her eyes.

"My babies... I lost control over my dragons.."

She whimpers and I want nothing more than to hold her in my arms an soothe her pain and sorrow.

"I had to lock them up under the Great Pyramid. Drogon..he.... He's just gone. No one has seen him in weeks..."

She full on cries as I try and soothe her. We both cry together, utterly helpless fools trying to hold one another but our hands and arms just passing through like air.

"My baby...."

We stay beside one another for hours, crying on and off. Soon, it turns to silence as we both just stare aimlessly at nothing.

The eeriness of silence...

"The Sword of the Morning."

"What?"

I ask, turning to face Daenerys.

"Is that what you are at Starfall for?"

She asks and I turn away, not really sure.

"I... I don't know. I don't know if I could live up to the legacy of that title. Hell, I'm not even a knight."

"I would knight you."

She says with a smile and I chuckle, wiping a few tears away from my cheeks.

"First female Knight of the Seven Kingdoms."

"And the greatest warrior in the world."

Daenerys states, making it sound like a true statement but with a laugh. I blush slightly, shaking my head.

"You're too kind."

"I speak the truth, Evelyn. You are great. You may not feel like it right now, but someday, you will show the world who Evelyn Dayne is."

"And the world will see who Daenerys Targaryen is beside her."

We smile at each other and the mood is has changed from that of sadness and sorrow, to that of happiness and maybe something a little deeper.

But all good things must come to an end. I feel everything I see start to fade away into darkness as I begin to wake up.

~~~~~
A/N

It's been a hot minute since we've seen Daenerys hasn't it? Anywho, I hope y'all enjoy!

Thank you so much for reading!