"Make It Yours"

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

My eyes flutter open, my ears adjusting to sound outside. I hear rain. I can smell and taste it in the air.

There's rain.

I chuckle in disbelief as I quickly stand, running outside to see it pouring outside. Thunder cracks way off in the distance and I see several of my men poke their heads out to see the rain.

I smile softly, sticking my tongue out to catch some, tasting it.

I go back into my tent, immediately changing into different clothes. I get my armor next, simple chainmail with a hood made from mail, a simple chestplate placed over it. The plan goes as planned, no heavy armor, at least not my group.

I continue getting ready.

~~~~~

I walk through the camp, my swords swaying on my waist as I acknowledge my men, helping them with a few things here and there.

I get to Lady Mormont's tent only to see her outside being fitted with armor. Now, it wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't notice it was heavy plating.

I walk over to her and she notices me.

"You feel this wind? It whips from the North. The Old Gods sent the rain."

"Why are you being fitted with plate? We were to fight without armor."

I say, feeling confusion flood through me as I watch her continue to get ready.

"We need a front line to draw them in."

I shake my head in disbelief.

"No. It cannot be you."

"The idea was mine. Some men must lead the first push to sell it well. And I cannot, in good conscience, send them out there to realize my speculative drivel without getting must alongside them, eh?"

She remarks with a smile and I shake my head.

"What of little Lyanna back at Bear Island? She can't be without a mother."

I step forward.

"I will fight with you."

Lady Mormont shakes her head.

"It's noble, but you know that cannot be."

She steps forward, finishing the last fastening on her armor.

"This is what I was built for. I die here or...I die over a bottle a Dornish Red somewhere back at Bear Island or some other place. But I think this makes for a much better story."

She smile warmly and softly.

"And you have things still to do."

She steps closer, putting her hand on my cheek.

"You will join this fight. But promise you don't join it too early. It doesn't matter what you see out there, it doesn't matter what happens to me. We must first draw them in, all of them. Win, Evelyn. Maybe then you'll lighten enough to have a drink with me, eh?"