Bloodriders for Her Majesty

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"I banished you twice. You came back twice."

Daenerys states to Ser Jorah. It isn't my place to say anything and I let the two friends talk.

"And you saved my life many times. So I cannot take you back and I cannot send you away."

Daenerys moves to embrace him but Jorah backs away from her and I look at him confused.

"You must send me away."

His voice holds sadness and he rolls up his sleeve. My eyes wide when I see scales growing on his arm. The scales of Stone Men.

Another Mormont is going to die. And that fact brings tears to my eyes and Daenerys' as well.

"Is there a cure?"

"I don't know."

"How long does it take?"

Daenerys half whispers as Jorah rolls down his sleeve, sighing heavily.

"I don't know that either. But I've seen what happens when it goes far enough... I'll end things before that."

Tears sting my eyes as several begin to fall down Daenerys' cheeks.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. All I ever wanted was to serve you. Tyrion Lannister was right. I love you. I'll always love you..."

Sadness chokes the air like smoke as the old knight turns around, looking at Daenerys one more time.

"Goodbye, Khaleesi.."

"Do not walk away from your Queen, Jorah the Andal."

Daenerys commands and the old knight looks a her as she takes a few steps closer.

"You have not been dismissed. You pledged yourself to me. You swore to obey my commands for the rest of my life."

He nods.

"Well, I command you to find the cure wherever it is in this world... I command you to heal yourself and then return to me. When I take the Seven Kingdoms, I need you by my side."

She commands with utter sadness and Jorah nods with a brief smile, a renewed vigor in his posture.

Daenerys turns away, probably not being able to bear anymore sadness and Jorah begins to walk away down the hill.

"Jorah, wait."

I say, walking quickly towards him with tears of my own. Jorah turns and looks at me.

"Your aunt, Maege Mormont, served under my command during the War of the Five Kings.."

A tear finally falls.

"She saved me countless times... Whether it was from men on the battlefield or from myself...she saved me."

I say, taking another step closer.

"When Daenerys conquers Westeros, she will need people by her side. I will be there for her until my dying breath, just like Maege was for me... I'll need a Mormont to serve with again, Jorah..."

I whisper and Jorah answers only with a nod, one of understanding and sadness.

"Goodbye, Evelyn Dayne."

He says before walking away.

~~~~~

We ride for hours through the dry terrain away from Vaes Dothrak. Thousands of Dothraki men, women, and children follow behind us as ride towards Meereen.