A Frey and a Trout

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"Why do I have to wear this?"

"It's custom to wear nice clothes at a wedding."

"I feel all tressed up like a prize fair goat."

I remark, feeling completely out of my element in nicer clothing. I wear black trousers and blouse with a dark gray leather jerkin. You could say I look like a brother from the Nights Watch. I wonder how's Jon doing there.

"It is remarkable the difference from when you came here to now."

"Mm, such a swell difference."

I remark and Robb just smiles. I still feel it's stupid that he broke his oath Walder Frey. That old bastard's not going to let go of this, I know it. Marrying Edmure Tully isn't shit in comparison to marrying Robb in terms of standing.

But he didn't really want to listen to my thoughts on the matter.

"I still wish you would've left away the swords."

I glance at Lady Catelyn beside me, narrowing my eyes.

"I don't really like to be away from them. I like having them around for close encounters."

Lady Catelyn just shakes her head, looking back to her brother Edmure who holds an uncertain look on his face standing next to the Septon.

The doors soon open up and everyone goes silent. A woman with her face shielded with a veil gets led to the altar at an extremely slow pace. Walder Frey is slow as a damn turtle and smells like a rotting one.

The woman is presented to Edmure. Walder Frey removes the veil and it actually surprises me how beautiful the young girl looks. The other Frey girls are certainly not lookers.

She kneels.

"Lord Edmure, I hope I'm not a disappointment to you."

"You're a delight to me, my lady."

He responds and helps her up. They exchange the cloaks representing House Tully and Frey. Edmure seems enthralled with his bride as the Septon ties both of their hands together to signify their union.

"In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon each other and say the words."

I never really like weddings. This one is no different. At least in the North it's under the Weirwood tree and under the Old Gods. If I were to marry, the thought in itself sickens me, then it would be under the Old Gods.

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger. I am hers and she is mine from this day until the end of my days."

"Father, Smith, Warriors, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger. I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days."

~~~~~

I walk outside the halls of the Twins, feeling the cool air around me as I walk with Ashara. I feel so out of place being here. Despite the horrors and monstrosities on the battlefield, I'd rather be there then here.

"Do you agree, girl?"

I ask and Ashara just wags her tail. I chuckle.

"Of course you probably don't."

We continue walking.

"Despite you just being a wolf, your also my friend."

I kneel down and she begins licking my face, making me smile and laugh.

"I thank you, Ashara, for everything you've ever done for me."

I look to the tall kennel holding Grey Wind whilst everyone else celebrates.

"I'm going to leave you with him for a few hours. Apparently it's "mandatory" that I join this silly event."

I open the kennel and let her inside. Grey Wind and her immediately begin licking each other's faces and I shake my head with a scoff.

"I swear to the gods, if I come back to see little pups we're going to have some problems."

I say with a laugh as I shut the kennel, going inside.

~~~~~
A/N

And there's another one done. It's kinda weird not having Evelyn in battle right now but it's a nice change of pace.

By now, you all know where we are at. I'm just going to leave you with that.

Thank you all so much for your support!