Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

A light casts across the sky. The beautiful light blue of that giant's eye almost glistens. It's truly beautiful. But the nightfall soon disperses the dreams and warmth of the sky.

A loud knock on my door, startles me and I nearly fall off my chair. I guess I fell asleep reading again.

"Who is it?"

"It's Robb."

I open the door, seeing Robb standing there.

"What is it?"

"We have a visitor it seems."

"Visitor?"

He only frowns and motions for me to follow him. I quickly strap my swords to my waist an follow Robb into the hall where several people are already there, including Theon.

I look at the others before looking a bit lower to the ground, eyeing a rather short blonde man.

Tyrion Lannister. The Imp.

"I must say I received a slightly warmer welcome on my last visit."

He remark but I remains silent. He has some nerve being here.

"Any man of the Night's Watch is welcome in Winterfell."

"Any man of the Night's Watch, but not I, eh, boy?"

"I'm not you boy, Lannister. I'm Lord of Winterfell while my father is away."

"Then you might learn a lord's courtesy."

Hodor walks in, carrying Bran with him.

"So it's true. Hello, Bran. Do you remember anything about what happened?"

Tyrion asks.

"He has no memory of that day."

Maester Luwin says.

"Curious."

"Why are you here?"

I ask abruptly, stepping forward. This Lannister already on seriously thin ice and it's getting thinner by the moment.

"Ah, you're Evelyn Dayne. I remember seeing your father once at the Tourney of Harrenhal."

"You didn't answer the question."

I ask with a glare and the Imp smiles.

"Would your charming companion be so kind as to kneel? My neck is beginning to hurt."

"Kneel, Hodor."

Bran tells the gentle giant man and he does so. Lord Tyrion approaches Bran.

"Do you like to ride, Bran?"

"Yes. Well, I mean I did like to."

"The boy has lost the use of his legs."

"What of it? With the right horse and saddle, even a cripple can ride."

"I'm not a cripple."

Bran pouts a bit angrily.

"Then I'm not a dwarf. My father will rejoice at the news. He might be so happy that he will reconnect with my Uncle Adwin and we'll be a happy family again."

Lord Tyrion remarks very sarcastically. But he quickly smiles.

"I have a gift for you."

He hands Bran a paper with drawings and measurements on it.

"Give that to your saddler. He'll provide the rest. You must shape the horse to a rider. Start with a yearling and teach it to respond to reins and to the boy's voice."

"Will I be able to ride again

"You will. On horseback you will be as tall as any of them."

I raise a brow and Robb looks confused.

"Is this some kind of truck? Why do you want to help him?"

I feel no trust coming from the Lannister Imp and he just shakes his head at all of our caution and untrust.

"I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things."

~~~~~

A sliver haired woman is arguing over something with a silver haired man.

'What is it? Who are they?'

I ask myself as the man is clearly being abusive. They yell at one another until he knocks her to the ground and wrestles to hit her again.

The woman, seemingly taking full control, takes a golden chain o some kind and hits him hard, knocking the man off of her. She stands up, infuriated with the man.

"I am a Khaleesi of the Dothraki! I am the wife of the great Khal and I carry his son inside me. The next time you raise a hand to me will be the last time you have hands!"

She shouts angrily at him and he scurries away after a few moments. The girl slumps back onto the floor, shaking and a few tears in her eyes. Suddenly, her eyes focus on mine. I see the violet in hers and we both look at each other in confusion.

"Who are-"

I jerk awake, feeling myself almost falling from my chair again. Sweat covers my brow as the book I was reading falls from my lap onto the floor. The cover is that of the Targaryen three headed dragon. Silver...

"Is that a Targaryen?"

~~~~~
A/N

I hope y'all enjoy this chapter. I didn't like this one as much as the other but it introduced another OC for this book. Adwin Lannister is brother to Tywin. He will play a pretty significant role in the story so if you have questions, feel free to ask in the comments or directly.

Thank you for reading!