Stone Men of Old Valyria

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"Stone Men!"

Rickon shouts at me as the sounds of fighting out on the deck finally registures.

"Fuck! We have to fight them off!"

I quickly bolt out of the cabin and into the deck, drawing my sword on my waist. My eyes widen when I see men seemingly made out of stone shrieking and hissing at us all.

"Don't let them touch you!"

One charges at me and I jam my sword through it's head, avoiding it's swinging hands.

"We need to get them overboard!"

"How are we gonna do that!?"

My eyes searches for something as my eyes catch sight of a few oars.

"Anything! Just knock the fuckers off before we're swamped!"

My men fight the Stone Men as best they can while avoiding touching them. My heart pounds in my chest as I grab a oar.

One of my men across the deck shouts in pain as a Stone Man claws him. Using the oar like a javelin and I throw it across the ship's deck, making it go through the Stone Man's head and into the water.

Grabbing another oar, I whack a Stone Man off over the railing. I don't think these things can swim.

I duel wield an oar and my sword as I try my best to keep three Stone Men at at least arms length away. One charges after me, sending a shriek, and swinging it's arms widely. I sidestep and whack it's head, practically doing nothing as two more charge at me.

The fight seems helpless as more Stone Men pile onto the ship's deck.

"Evelyn!"

Rickon shouts and I narrowly avoid a Stone Man's attack but I lose my footing and my momentum carries me over the railing.

The water almost comes immediately and I shout in the water, trying to desperately kick to the surface. I resurface only for a moment before I feel something grab my boot, dragging me back to the depths.

I kick and thrash as a Stone Man tries bringing me down to the murky depths with him. I kick and thrash and nothing seems to break it's grip as I feel my lungs are on fire.

But all it takes to break free from the monster's grip is one thought about Daenerys. The things I still need to say that's been left unsaid. Things I need to confess to her. All it takes is her to give me the strength to keep pushing to the surface.

I gasp for air as I break through the surface, gulping air greedily as I look around me, only seeing fog. No ship. No Rickon or anyone.

It just me floating in the water.

"Is anyone out there?! Rickon!?"

I shout but there's response as my heart drop. They can't be dead. I can't lose my men. Many of them became my friends and I led them to their deaths.

"Fuck..."

I whisper. But I can't stop now. I swim in a random direction for seemingly hours, feeling exhausted and soaked to the bone as I finally find land. A small beach looking out at the Summer Sea. I'm just glad it's not smoking.

I lay in the sand, breathing heavily as I look at the sun fading away behind the waves. Looks like it's back to walking.

Again.

~~~~~
A/N

A shorter chapter than usual and I apologize for that. Anywho, I hope y'all enjoy.

Thank you so much for all of your support, guys and gals!