A Forgotten Will

~~Jon Snow~~

Walking through the halls of the castle of Bear Island, Jon Snow walks beside Sansa Stark and Davos Seaworth.

It may sound cliche but his heart still hurts. Not only because he was quite literally stabbed in the heart but because of the loss of Ygritte even though it has been months.

Ramsay Bolton has Winterfell. Somehow, Roose Bolton was killed and nobody is quite sure how. But everyone can assume at Ramsay had something to do with it.

Entering the hall, the trio find Lyanna Mormont sitting at a high table flanked by a commander and a Maester. The guards shut the door behind them as they now stand in front of the table.

Little Lyanna isn't as little as she was during the war but is still a child with a warrior's heart.

"Lady Mormont."

Jon greets first.

"Welcome to Bear Island."

Just by the looks the girl gives the trio, they can tell she's analyzing them intently.

"I remember when you were born, my Lady."

Sansa says almost in a manipulating way which Jon has since learned with their reuniting at Castle Black that that's her new way of doing things.

"You were named after my Aunt Lyanna. It was said she was a great beauty. I'm sure you will be, too."

"I doubt it."

The Lady of Bear Island retorts.

"My mother wasn't a great beauty or any other kind of beauty. She was a greater warrior, though. She died fighting for Evelyn Dayne and Robb Stark during the war."

At the mention of Evelyn, Jon looks at the ground in sadness. Though Sansa is his half-sister, Evelyn was truly his sister. Not by blood but through a bond that she shared with all of the Stark children.

He misses her.

Jon takes a deep breath before continuing.

"I served under your uncle at Castle Black, Lady Lyanna. He was also a great warrior and an honorable man. I was his steward. In fact-"

"I think we've had enough small talk."

The Lady cuts the bastard off.

"Why are you here?"

She gets straight to the point and Jon looks to her.

"Stannis Baratheon garrisoned at Castle Black before he marched on Winterfell and was killed. He showed me the letter wrote to him when he petitioned for me. It said-"

"I remember what it said."

Lady Lyanna cuts him off once again.

""Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North whose name is Stark."

Lyanna motions to a Maester beside her for something without straying her eyes from the bastard and the Stark girl.

Taking a worn piece of paper in hand, she sets it onto the table.

"Admittedly, I never thought there would be a King after Robb. Maybe that's why he wrote this."

"What is it?"

Lyanna takes the paper and begins reading.

--------
""To anyone who bothers to read this will,

Robb of the House Stark, the First of His Name, King in the North and the Young Wolf has no heir as of the time of the writing of this message. Should he fall on the battlefield or some other way, Jon Snow of the Night's Watch is to be named King in the North.

Should Jon Snow decide not to take this responsibility, that privilege shall instead fall upon the shoulders of Evelyn Dayne. She shall rule as the Queen of the North.

Signed,

Lady Maege Mormont of Bear Island and Lord Robb Stark of Winterfell.""
--------

The room is silent after the little Lady finishes and Jon, Sansa and Davos are stunned. Lyanna Mormont leans forward a little.

"Evelyn Dayne is dead. Slaughtered alongside Robb and Lady Catelyn at the Red Wedding. So the responsibility of the crown now rests on your head."

Jon is still in shock as Lyanna leans back in her chair, sort of boasting in a way just like how Maege would've done it back in her time.

"So, Jon Snow... What exactly do you plan on doing?"

~~~~~
A/N

I kept that one brief because I'm just too excited for the next chapter. When you see the title of it, you'll probably know what's gonna happen.

Anyways, thank you all so much for reading!