Planning

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

The Lannisters have been reeking havoc in the Riverlands. Tywin Lannister and the Kingslayer have been deadly effective against Tully forces who have resorted to a hidden war.

"The scouts report Lord Tywin moves North. We need to get him on broken ground, put his knights at a disadvantage."

Rodrik Cassel says.

"No, we need to get around him and break Jaime Lannister's siege of Riverrun. Do that and the River Lords will join us."

Greatjon Umber says as I look over the map of the Westeros, more particularly, the Riverlands.

"To do either we need to cross the river on the Green Fork, which the only crossing is at the Twins."

"Lord Walder Frey."

I say.

"A man not so prudent with showing up on time."

I remark, referring to the Battle of the Trident during Robert's Rebellion.

"But we need that bridge."

"Lord Walder isn't a trustworthy man."

Lady Catelyn says.

"But I know he will listen to me. I've known him since I was a girl."

"But that still doesn't answer who we attack; the Kingslayer or Tywin?"

Greatjon asks and I look at Robb, who sits and thinks. For a long few moments, nobody says anything. Not even Theon, whom I thought would be annoying the hell out of me with his dirty talk.

I look at the map, seeing the little lion figurines, marking Tywin and the Kingslayer's host. Jaime has 30,000 men, about half of the Lannister forces, or so the Riverrun scouts from the Blackfish had said. They also mentioned how Jaime is restless and often goes out to hunt for small groups of Riverland rebels.

It clicks in my mind instantly.

"We should attack Jaime's forces and Tywin's.

Everyone looks up at me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean we send a small force to trick Tywin in the east and lure the Kingslayer into a trap. Get him into a forested area and attack from different angles. Our forces are outnumbered, they know this. But Jaime is restless and arrogant. He's going on raids against small pockets of rebels with small numbers. If we draw him into a fight thinking it's another small group, we can sweep the Kingslayer off his feet."

I say and Robb starts considering the idea. Greatjon Umber on the other hand, practically snorts with laughter.

"You certainly have a humourous mind there, Dayne. But that would never work."

"It will work."

Robb says finally. Greatjon is about to argue by two Stark guards enter the tent, holding someone by their arm.

"We've captured a Lannister scout."

My eyes widen slightly and I immediately flip the maps over so he can't see anything we were planning. Greatjon just chuckles.