The Battle of Shipbreaker Bay

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

For several days I've flown on Rhaegal and it's now I realize that it's tedious stuff. Very painstaking and time consuming. I can fly across the world in a week but it would make me incredibly soar. Flying on the back of a fiery hot dragon isn't exactly comfortable.

It was holding onto Daenerys.

For days I've had Rhaegal land on the mainland to rest every few right hours or so and then fly again. The short routine ends today as I see Yara's small force of ships where it's supposed to be just outside of Shipbreaker Bay.

I see Yara's ship as I direct Rhaegal to fly as close as possible without harming the ship. Standing on his back, I take a few careful steps back before running forward, launching myself forward onto the deck of the ship.

Now, it should've looked like a decent landing, and maybe it did. But it sure has hell hurts.

"Evelyn!"

I look forward, seeing Yara and Elliara alone with three of her daughters rush towards me.

"I've never seen someone dismount a dragon like that."

"And have you ever seen someone ride a dragon before?"

I remark with a smile, looking back to Rhaegal who looks directly at me, waiting for a command.

"You see that island over there?"

I point and Rhaegal huffs.

"Fly there and wait for me."

He huffs and flys towards the island of Tarth where the ambush will occur.

I turn back to the others and grin, seeing their dumbfounded looks.

"Shocked to see someone other than a Targaryen command a dragon?"

"Y-Yeah."

One of the Sand Snakes says a bit shocked, making me grin further.

"No Dayne has the blood of the dragon. We didn't even come from Valyria. But Daenerys says it's because I'm his second mama."

I smile brightly, feeling pride at that fact. Whether Rhaegal thinks of me that way or not, I still feel happy.

"Where's Edric?"

I ask and the others just smirk at me. It's then I realize that there's only three of the Sand Snakes standing before me.

"Oh, come on. I swear if there ends up being little Dayne babies on the ship.."

I say, drawing laughs from the others as the boards beneath us creeks several times and I roll my eyes.

"Come on. I think we should get something in our bellies before the battle."

I nod at Yara, following her and the others to the mess hall below deck.

~~~~~

The sun slowly sets in the west, bringing the eve of the fight. The stars shine brightly and I feel myself close my eyes.

"Evelyn?"

I smile brightly and open my eyes, seeing a glowing Daenerys once again smiling at me.

"Hello, love."

I say and she sits beside me against the tree.

"Where are you right now?"

She asks, looking around.