The Queen of the Torrentine

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

It's taken a few days to arrive to Sunspear after the battle. We only lost a few ships and actually gained several from Euron's fleet.

Rhaegal can barely fly right now and it concerns me greatly. After what went down in the fighting pits of Meereen, Drogon refused to go back into the air for some time. He was wounded then and Rhaegal is wounded now.

I can't risk him. I can't risk losing one of her dragons. Having him hurt and barely able to fly makes the possibility of a siege on King's Landing much more difficult.

Yara walks up to me, looking well-kissed and wraps an arm around my shoulder. She's been disappearing with Elliara on and off throughout the night.

"Evelyn!"

She says rather drunkenly and happily.

"Yara."

"Why aren't you drinking? You won us a great victory but you're not celebrating it."

She says very loudly over the conversations of those in the hall. There's dozens of men as women, Dornish and Iron Islanders alike who all start putting their inputs on me not drinking.

"Oh, come on! One drink!"

My mind flashes to the events that occured at the Twins, when I left Robb I was going to get a drink.

"N-No..."

"Come on! Do it! One drink!"

Everyone shouts to me and I look across the hall, seeing Edric raise his mug into the air.

"Evelyn, come on!"

"Drink! Drink! Drink! Drink!"

They all chant and I sigh in defeat, laughing a little.

"Just one.."

Yara immediately grabs a mug, pouring some ale inside and handing it to me.

"Bottoms up!"

"Ah, what the hell?"

I quickly begin chugging, earning a roar of cheers as the night of celebration continues on and I have more than one drink.

Despite the drinking, my mind feels clear. A weight has been temporarily lifted off my shoulder and it feels great. But in the back of my mind I know that it will be back on in the morning.

Someone bangs on a table, catching the attention of everyone.

"Everyone!"

They shout and I see that it's Edric with a drunk smile.

"We drink for the victory of Evelyn Dayne! As many of you may know, she is bedding the Dragon Queen."

I flush red as several people cheer and whistle.

"And Evelyn had repeatedly said not to call her, "Your Grace," and whatnot. Evelyn isn't the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms yet... But what's say we name her Queen of something else until the time arises?"

I feel confusion as everyone in the room seems to understand what Edric is talking about. He smiles brightly at me and raise his mug into the air.

"To Evelyn Dayne: The Queen of the Torrentine!"

"Queen of the Torrentine!"

Everyone shouts in cheer and several people congratulate me for an honor I don't quite think I deserve. For centuries before Nymeria came to Dorne, the Daynes of Starfall claimed the title of King of the Torrentine, which includes the Torrentine River and the western Red Mountains.