Blood of my Blood

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

My eyes widen.

"You...but..."

I quickly hug my aunt as tears stream down my eyes.

"I...I don't even know what to say!"

"Neither do I."

She responds as I lean back, looking from her to the blonde boy. She catches my eyes and turns to the young boy, who mustn't be any older than sixteen.

"Edric this is Evelyn."

He smiles brightly at me as he steps closer to me.

"I've heard so much about you, Evelyn."

"And I've heard nothing about you all."

I say and Ashara nods.

"Mm. Let's talk inside, shall we?"

~~~~~

"So, I don't even know where to begin. I have a thousand questions."

"There will be time for each and every one, dear."

She replies, some tea arriving from servants. Edric and Ashara sit across from me and the hight in nobility is obvious. I still look like an absolute mess while Edric and Ashara both are clad in beautiful violet clothes.

"We've heard so much about you in the war!"

Edric says with excitement and Ashara tries to cut him off but he continues talking.

"You fought with Robb Stark at the Whispering Woods! You-"

"Edric."

Ashara says sharply and my heart still stings at the mention of Robb and the war.

"Sorry."

"Forgive him, Evelyn. He's still just a boy."

I nod.

"I didn't just fight with Robb, I fought with others too."

I lean closer to Edric with a sad smile.

"I fought with the bravest warriors in the world. We fought battles on every fork of the Trident River and we bested whole armies."

I say and Edric's eyes light up in excitement. I lean back in my seat, biting my tongue before continuing.

"We had a grand adventure."

I sigh, but hold a smile to keep Edric happy. He giggles and I glance at Ashara, who holds a smile as well but also a knowing look.

"Edric, why don't you run along for a while. Evelyn and I need to speak about some things."

Edric nods a little sadly and walks past me, looking down for a second.

"You have two swords?"

I look to my waist, seeing my second sword long gone, leaving behind the scabbard. My sword is still probably somewhere in the Trident underneath the Twins. Either there or hanging on the wall in Walder Frey's hall.