Horselords

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

For nearly an hour we fly high above the ground, barely able to see the ground below as Drogon keeps flying in a random direction. By what I can judge, it's north-ish. Maybe? I can't even tell up hear, too worried about holding for dear life rather than worry about directions.

The initial excitement of riding a dragon has disappeared since I've looked downwards twice.

"Dany!"

I shout over the whipping wind but I don't think she can hear me.

I feel Drogon start to descend rapidly and I clutch Daenerys' waist even tighter, squeezing my face into her back to hold on.

The ground approaches fast and I no longer recognize the desert, but instead a grassy landscape covered with large hills.

A heard of wild goats are on the ground and I feel Drogon's scales heat up before fire bursts on the poor creatures before Drogon lands with a hard thump.

Drogon begins eating his meal as Daenerys and I slide off Drogon, immediately collapsing to the ground. My legs feel so wobbly and I almost feel like I'm going to puke.

"Are you okay?"

Daenerys asks as I lie on the ground, rubbing my eyes.

"We have just become the first people to ride a dragon since the Dance."

I mumble in shock, still trying to process this whilst catching my breath. Daenerys slumps onto the ground beside me as we just stare up at the grey sky.

"I hope everyone is okay."

"Yeah, so do I... When did Tyrion Lannister join you?"

I ask.

"Just before you arrived. I have to say you sure do know how to make an entrance."

She chuckles and I laugh at that, shaking my head.

"It wasn't my intention to arrive as a fighting slave. A whole bunch of fun I had fighting in Yunkai against a damn tiger."

"What?!"

She almost yells in a shocked voice.

"The part about the tiger or Yunkai being a city of slaver dickheads again?"

I ask calmly and she slumps her head in the grass, groaning in frustration.

"Do you know how many times I've had to put the Wise Masters in their place? All of my work in my cities hass been for nothing."

"No."

I say, moving my hand to her cheek, making her sit up.

"What you did was break a system of which was used for thousands of years. Kickbacks and hiccups are to be expected."

I say comfortingly and she presses her cheek into my hand, closing her eyes with a soft sigh.

"It almost doesn't feel real, you being here with me.."

"I don't care how I got here, all that matters to me is that I'm here with you now, Dany. I'm never leaving you. Never."

"Nor would I want you to."

We both. Drogon screeches for a moment, making us both jump in surprise as he ruins the moment.

'Thanks a lot.'

"We should figure out where there is any water and then try to narrow down where we are."

"That sounds like a good idea."