Slow Dancing

~~Daenerys Targaryen~~

I peer across the camp, seeing the love of my life off by herself, sitting down in contemplation and silence. The camp is just about set up as Dothraki, Unullied and Dornish work together to put up the tents and set up things needed around the camp.

Evelyn has been quiet since she's gotten back two days ago. She barely even says anything, let alone acknowledge me or anyone else, even Jon. To say that we're concerned is an understatement.

I've seen Evelyn be like this and it hurts my heart knowing that she's wrestling with some inner monsters that has consumed her before. I kills me every time she pushes me away, the few times that she does. The times she breaks down in my arms hurts the most.

"She's sat there without moving for a few hours."

Jon Snow states as he walks up behind me, settling beside me and I nod, looking back towards Evelyn.

"I'm worried about her.."

I half whisper and Jon sighs heavily.

"You should not have allowed her to go."

I turn to him, raising a brow.

"It was wrong. Walder Frey could've waited until the real threat was dealt with."

"Walder Frey butchered her family. Your family. Is vengeance so wrong when it serves a purpose?"

"But look what it's done to her, Daenerys. Evelyn is a mess."

Jon points back Evelyn and I notice her hands shaking.

"Gods..."

I whisper, a silent tear falling and I quickly wipe it away before Jon can see it.

"I'm going to go talk with her."

"No- no.. I'll do it."

I say while putting my arm in front of him to block him. Jon only nods solemnly before turning and walking away, disappearing in the sea of Dothraki and others.

I turn back to Evelyn, seeing her in complete silence by herself just barely outside of camp. My feet crunch into the thin layer of ice and snow as I walk. The cold seeping into my body and the blood of the dragon certainly doesn't help all that much to keep warm.

Evelyn looks up at the sound of my footsteps, eyes widening a little bit before looking back down, trying to ignore me. I fumble with my hands a little as I try to think of the words to say.

But what really is there to say?

"Evie."

She perks up at the use of her nickname and her eyes meet mine. The powerful violet glow, that flame that's always held so firmly in her eyes is dulled and heavy bags are visible under her eyes. Her hair is in dire need of washing and she just looks tired and miserable.

"Dany.."

She whispers back in a shakey breath, her hands shaking slightly and I move to take them in my own. My eyes widen when I feel that they are freezing.