A Red Wedding

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I nod to Lord Bolton out of respect and stand from my seat, moving over to Robb. Talisa sits beside him and looks to be deep into a conversation with the least exciting person to talking to, Lady Catelyn.

I sit beside Robb and he eyes me, taking a sip of his ale.

"What do you think of the wedding now?"

"Still dull and a waste."

He sighs.

"People need this."

"No, people need tales of triumph and victory. They don't need weddings."

He sighs again.

"This war will not end tonight, Evelyn. Can you learn to live a little?"

I shake my head in frustration.

"Forgive me, Your Grace, if I can't necessarily relax. Look where we are, brother. We're in the den of rats instead of out in the field where the people of Westeros need us to be."

I press on.

"The Lannister yolk still spreads and we've barely done anything. One of my greatest friends died fighting for our cause, Robb. I can't let her death be in vein."

I say, feeling my heart strings be pulled on at the meer thought of Maege.

"Everyone has lost someone. And I swear to you, Evelyn, we will beat the ones who want us in submission. I promise."

He holds his hand out with a soft smile and I take it, squeezing tightly yet lovingly.

"Make it right, brother."

"Of course, sister."

For the first time tonight, I feel myself smile.

"I think I might go get a drink."

I say, standing up and Robb chuckles.

"Enjoy yourself, sister."

I smile to myself a I walk through the great hall, making my way to a table but I freeze for a moment.

The music.

I listen to the music as it transitions from a soft and cheerful tune to a more dark brooding tone. I glance across the hall as the door gets shut and I hear the sound of it locking.

The Rains of Castamere.

'Why the hell would they play this at a wedding?'

I think to myself as I look around in confusion. Roose Bolton remains in his seat as Lady Catelyn sits next to him.

I see Walder Frey lift his hand and the musicians stop.

"Your Grace."

Robb glances at the old man before looking at Talisa. The two smile at one another and Robb kisses her hand, whispering something to her before standing and looking at Walder Frey.