Peaceful Peppers?

"WE HAVE ALL HAD ENOUGH!" Aizawa Sensei screamed, making Deku and I freeze midway through our attacks, to be fair we weren't even using our quirks. We were just wrestling... This time. We were in the dorm kitchen area and go figure fucking glasses decided to go and tell the teacher we were fighting again. It wasn't even anything serious for once. No hurt feelings, no bad mouthing, no jack shit!

We were actually playing around trying to decide who was stronger, no anger, no quirks, no cheating. Just playing. FUCK!

"Are you fucking serious right now? We weren't even actually fighting! We were getting along!" I groaned and Deku giggled from his place above me where I am still in a headlock. I rolled my eyes and flipped him onto his back and he just rolled us over before pinning me to the ground. I huffed but decided to take our sleep deprived teacher's interruption as a small break.

From above me Deku looked away from me and at our teacher before adding, "For once, yeah." Damn the smile he still had on his face when he turned back was blinding, I had to at least narrow my eyes to keep from actually going blind. Instead I looked back up at our shocked classmate, fucking glasses and our unamused teacher, Aizawa Sensei.

"You are getting along right now?" Aizawa Sensei asked, raising an eyebrow with his question left hanging in the air.

"Get off me," I huffed, no longer enjoying myself. Why is it that anytime I do ANYTHING everyone has to assume that I am being a douchebag? Just why? I know I am; loud, obnoxious, egotistical and generally mean but Deku is the only one that actually saw the rest of me, you know the person? He sees the hurt, the anger, the loneliness and the self hatred.

That last one was what caused our little game to start with my self hatred. I usually wait until I'm in my room before I start dumping on myself but today has just been a really fucking nasty day. Deku just happened to see me in the kitchen grabbing my secret stash of peppers that I keep hidden from the idiots in our class. He snuck around me and grabbed one taking a bite and then shoving the rest into my mouth before he started running around the table.

He was giving me an out, he knows I don't process emotions well without something physical and even chasing after him playfully was helping so much I almost forgot about the shitty day interning that I had. Almost. He didn't even care about the name calling when he does things like this, fuck I didn't care about the name calling. Deku was giving just as much as he was receiving and we should have been in a safe and judgmental free area to just relax. Go figure.

Deku gently climbed off of me and offered me a hand and I took it. It's times like these that we get along, really fucking well but no one ever sees it. They only see what they want to see and that was me, as a villain. I pick up my bag of peppers, I look at Deku and motion upwards and his blinding smile is back in full force before he nods happily and starts to follow me towards the stairs.

"Race-" Deku started but instead of us having a semi-fun and completely harmless race up the stairs, we were yanked back back by Aizawa Sensei's capture scarf.

What did we do to get this treatment now? I don't remember any fights in the last month that we didn't already get punished for and we WERE just playing around now. So what gives? Not that I could actually ask that because my mouth was covered with the damn scarf, gagging not only me but Deku too. I glared at our teacher. It wasn't much but it was literally all I could do at the moment.

"You're telling me that you two are ACTUALLY getting ALONG right now?" He asked again, over enunciating a few words. I rolled my eyes but I could see Deku nodding his head while I just went back to glaring at our teacher.

When he removed his scarf, from our mouths not the rest of us, I decided to be a real shit head. Cause why the fuck not? "If we were ACTUALLY fighting just now, would I have just INVITED Deku to my room?" The fact glasses stood close by and  just did a double take was nothing surprising but the fact that our teacher did too? That was a blow to my already tender ego that I really didn't need. Self loathing? Yeah rising steadily thanks I really didn't need that.