Superhero pt 2

A/N What better way to start pride month than the part 2 of the very first oneshot I published? I hope you all enjoy it and I'm sorry it took so long, three years is a long time after all. Also I'll be using Aizawa Sensei pictures for all of my pride month oneshots. I almost never get to use them but now I can! 🥰💃🏻

Bakugo's POV
*BANG*BANG*BANG*

The noise wouldn't stop and I was so sick of hearing it so I opened the door to see Deku standing there crying. He immediately launched himself at me in a hug, his tearful whimpers making it difficult to hear what he was actually saying but it wasn't hard to figure out. He is sorry.

"Deku get off of me!" I grumbled, not liking this one bit. The fact that I'm in love with him? It doesn't matter because I'm not the only one who did wrong growing up.

He looked up at me, still not letting go, before giving me one last squeeze and finally letting me go.

"Please don't push me away anymore," he begged and it is taking all my will power not to lose my fucking shit but I still couldn't help snapping at him.

"Damn it Deku! Just treat me like everyone else for fucks sake, Lord knows I haven't earned anything else," I tried to do exactly what he was begging me not to, push him away.

"Kacchan, I deserve all this hurt!" I froze at his words before looking at him carefully. No one has ever seen my side of things before. Either they were fucking stupid and just wanted to bully the quirkless kid or they wanted to be on my good side since I obviously had a powerful quirk. But no one ever saw my hurt.

"Explain," I demanded, crossing my arms and waiting, no longer pushing him back out the door. I heard the door down the hall open but I couldn't really care less who all heard about our past. I'm pretty sure they all already know that I bullied him at least to an extent but I doubt they actually know or really care to know past that.

"I pushed you away first," he started and my chest tightened in response. He actually knows? "I kept trying to be strong, strong enough to never bring you down and instead all I did was hurt your pride. You were always so sure that you would be the greatest hero and I believed you but," Deku was talking too fast and had to stop here to get some air and calm down. "I thought the only way I could be next to you was if you didn't have to protect me too."

All those years ago, he would just smile. The first time my quirk popped a little too big and burned him, he was obviously in pain but he just smiled anyway. When I tried to push him away the first time and he tripped and fell, landed on some sharp rocks and he just wiped his bloody hands off and started laughing even though I could see the tears in his eyes, he refused to cry. The first time my quirk went off when I was trying to shove him away... I could never forget the smell of his burning hair and skin but he always came running back. He always insisted on being the first one to play with me, the closest one to me, the one in the most danger.

And now he somehow understands how that hurt me? How am I supposed to believe that?

"Do you even realize what you are saying? The way you're talking it sounds like I was trying to protect you and you wouldn't fucking listen. Just keep playing the victim and I'll keep playing the villain, it's how it's always been anyway," I gave one last shove out the door but before I could slam it I heard his tearful voice.

"I am so sorry," he stood there, close enough that if I slammed the door it would hurt but it would still close. Like he is somehow trying to punish himself. "I was never a good friend for you," those words stopped me from slamming the door in his face.

"Once I got my quirk it should have been over, Deku," I glared at him but he just looked me in the eyes ready for anything at all.

"But I couldn't stay away," he whispered, defeating the last of my self restraint. I held up my arms and he jumped into them, clutching handfuls of my shirt in his fist as if he could actually keep me here if he just held on tight enough. I let out a sigh and slammed the door shut behind him. If I'm going to cave anyway, I might as well let myself completely crumble.

"I love an idiot," I grumbled only to hear him giggle, snuggling into my chest.

"I love the most amazing hero," he looked up, his eyes still shining. Damn it.

"Debatable," I huffed and guided him inside and I laid down on my bed only for him to crawl in next to me, cuddling into me before I draped an arm over him and held him close.

I think I just lost the only fight worth losing.

"I love you, Kacchan."

"I love you too, Izuku." I picked the right song for this. My superhero, but I'm not going to say that out loud.

My Hero Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें