Holy Birth 🍋

"I'm sorry, there isn't anything we can do. You are just going to have to plan for it, the best you can," Best Jeanist sighed and it felt like my heart dropped at the words. No amount of cursing or throwing a fit was going to change what happened and I don't have a choice in the matter.

"You can still choose a father, I know that doesn't help too much but it is something you should consider," he patted me on the shoulder, making sure not to touch my skin. I was hit with the quirk, Holy Birth, dumbass name for a dumbass quirk. End result I will be pregnant at the end of the month, regardless of the fact that I am a man and regardless of the fact that I am a fucking virgin. All I need is a little DNA, it could be from a simple kiss even but even without it I would just end up with what is basically a clone of myself.

I'm fucked.

"I'm putting you on quirk leave for the month and of course you will be on medical leave after that. Go home, take a shower and get some sleep. You have a lot going on and right now you need to rest," Best Jeanist guided me to the door of his office and it feels like the fight was sucked out of me. I feel hollow. "Take a little time to yourself, Bakugo. No one would fault you for it, not over this."

I am only 19, I'll be 20 next month and this is a lot for a single man to take in. I mean, even if I did have a partner, it would be a lot to take in. Men don't usually get pregnant! I mean there are exceptions thanks to quirks but usually it is done on purpose and not from a kid who only just turned ten and was only trying not to get hit by debris from a villain attack.

I don't know how long it took me to get to the locker room but I changed my clothes, clocked out and left. I was outside the front door when I heard someone calling out for me.

"Kacchan! I've been looking everywhere for you!" Deku ran up panting and to be fair he looked exhausted. He had an obvious layer of sweat and considering it was still cool out, told me that he had to have been running pretty hard to get it.

"What do you want?" I grumbled, still stuck in my own head. I'm going to have to move, my apartment is far too small to have a baby in. All the baby proofing that would have to be done too. Would it be safer to just sell my mountain climbing gear?

"I was hit with a quirk and it's so hard right now. Can we talk somewhere private?" Deku begged but I doubt he would have hesitated in telling me out here if I said no.

"Sure, I was too so I need to go home," I motioned towards the bus stop but I don't want to take the bus today. What if I got a stranger's DNA? Wouldn't that be worse? "I think I'll take a cab," I frowned and Deku brightened even more.

"I drove to work today so we can take my car!" His bright smile was only making this more difficult for me. I would love for the baby to be Deku's, but I was anything but a good friend to him growing up. We are better now, we will even go out drinking together and have a good time but that doesn't change the fact that we aren't lovers.

"I'll take you up on that," I smirked at him and if it's possible his smile got even bigger. I followed him to the car and it wasn't long before we were pulling up to my house, the drive had been full of small talk, mostly me trying to forget my situation but still.

"So can we talk?" Deku asked after locking his car and following me to the elevator. I nodded and motioned for him to follow me and it wasn't long before I was unlocking my apartment, unlike me Deku has a house but he also moved out of town so it actually makes it difficult for work.

"I am in the middle of selling my house, I decided it was too far away and I had enough saved up to find one here in town, the paperwork should be done by the end of the week," he beamed his smile at me, answering as if he could read my mind. He would probably freak out if I told him I was going to be pregnant soon. I should find somewhere to stay, far enough away not to be bothered for a while. I need time to think.