Fall of Deku 🍋

Deku falls… 

Running across rooftops in the middle of the night sounds amazing in novels and movies but in reality? It's exhausting. For one thing it's the middle of the night so unless I'm chasing a villain I can't use my quirk to get up there and oftentimes even when I am chasing a villain I can't use my quirk because I am either trying to come up behind them or hide. 

Even though I'm the best I can't have some nobody villain come up and end me just because I wasn't paying attention. During the day it's fine for me to use my quirk, it would be weird if I didn't, probably even more dangerous than using my quirk during the night because villains would think they had an opening and I am only one person. 

Right now though I'm running across rooftops trying to keep an eye on a drug runner for a high end villain gang, the fucker actually has a huge network for drugs, weapons and prostitution and it's hard to get any evidence to actually stick to him so he keeps getting away. But not tonight, the fucker is going down. 

"You know this would be easier if you would just let me use my quirk on you," the man whispered at me but I rolled my eyes and kept running. The agency has started a new policy that everyone has to have a partner. All those that I willingly think of as friends had registered with either their lover or crush leaving me the odd man out. The only exceptions were those that were on active missions and they would be assigned someone when they returned. So the agency stuck me with this bastard. 

Boogeyman, what the fuck kind of hero picks a name like that? I mean I get a lot of shit over mine and most just call me Dynamight but seriously? Boogeyman? 

"It would make this mission a lot faster," he tried to tell me but I just ignored him. Unlike those with the so called villainous quirks like the brainwasher, this fucker actually made my skin crawl. His quirk silenced everything, logistically speaking we would be an ideal hero team. In reality? There is no fucking way in hell he is coming anywhere near me. 

The way he acts and the way he feels are completely opposite, he tries to act like Glasses back in highschool; upright, stiff as a board no fun, blah blah blah. But anytime I'm not looking, it's like I can feel murderous eyes watching me. 

Could anyone really blame me for not allowing him to use his quirk on me? I mean really? I already put in the paperwork requesting that Deku be my partner after I contacted the Nerd. He was over the moon with the offer and after I hung up with him I nearly had a real gay panic attack. The fact that I could practically see his adorable face while he tried to hold in his excitement was heart wrenching. Now if only I could ask him on a date… 

I slid down the gutter on the side of a building when I saw the villain slowing down and I landed on a nearby fire escape before hitting the record/transmit button on my suit. “Boogeyman” was quick to join me and the fact that if he wasn’t using his quirk he would have woken half the neighborhood is ridiculous. I mean has he never had quirkless training? Ever? 

“I heard that you finally put in a partner request,” he tried to make small talk but like always I ignored him. “You know that both parties have to agree to the request before it is granted, right? You and Deku are kind of notorious even with the public, forget about just within the agency.”

“Deku already agreed,” I grumbled, keeping my eyes on the target. The fucker kept talking but I generally ignored him. Thankfully I was able to record what we actually needed and I was given the all clear to take them out with backup on the way. Which means no more silence! 

The police were still loading the villains up when I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I looked down and saw blood dripping down the left side of my shirt. Was I shot? My knees gave out, getting everyone’s attention and it’s only now that anyone at all noticed that I was hurt. I fell to the side but before I lost consciousness I heard Boogeyman giggle in my ear, “Now I wonder how Deku will react to this?” Then nothing.