Melt My Heart

A/N This is only cuteness. Nothing inappropriate at all. Happy Valentine's Day! ✌🏻

"Kacchan?" I looked up surprised to hear the far too familiar but also far too young voice of my crush. My heart sank at the sight in front me. Deku is four years old. His eyes brightened the moment I turned to face him.

"Kacchan! It really IS you! Everyone wouldn't stop staring at me and calling me a deku and and *sob*," Deku ran at me and I crouched down so that he was safely in my arms. I hugged him while he cried about the horrible day that he's had while I softly brushed my fingers through his hair to help calm him.

My heart really can't take it and without thinking the name slipped out of my mouth. "Izuchan, you have to be stronger than that if you're going to be a hero like All Might," I teased him and just like he was actually four again he looked at me in shock.

"Of course I will! I'm still just waiting on my quirk, that's all!" He defended and puffed his cheeks out at me in his little rage.

"Do you really think a quirk makes a hero Izu?" I asked him seriously and he paused.

"No," he answered after a long silence. "It helps but I could be a hero without one. With you by my side for sure!" He cheered up as if nothing had upset him in the first place.

"Good, I wouldn't want anyone else to be my partner," I ruffled his hair and gave him a small smile that only made him beam back. Seriously? Is he the actual fucking sun? I feel like I'm being blinded right now!

"BAKUGO! What are you doing to baby Deku?" Round Face stomped over all pissy like. Ah so that's what happened, Deku ran away from his friends not knowing who they were and thanks to this bitch calling him Deku all the fucking time he thought she was bullying him. This works a little too well in my favor.

I stood up with Deku curled up in my arms happily hugging me while wiping the last of his tears away when she tried to actually fucking snatch him out of my hands.

"Get this through-!" I started but quickly stopped when I realized that Deku wasn't breathing properly. I turned to look at him only for him to scream "SMASH," and punch a tiny fist out and hooked her in the nose. Blood started dripping but Deku was far too worked up to notice why she was covering her face.

"Leave MY Kacchan alone you great big villain! He is my friend! And I don't even know you," he yelled at the top of his lungs, his eyes squeezed shut to try and somehow make himself louder. I pretended to wince and he jumped looking at me worried.

"Kacchan? Was I too loud? Oh no! Is it because of your quirk? Didn't you say that you had to be careful around loud noises? I'm so sorry," he patted my head as if he were trying to soothe me and I just let him. "Kacchan, your hair is so soft! It's way softer than mine now. I told you that you could do it!" He bubbled and gurgled like the cute baby he is while I smiled at him and just let him prattle on and on. Even when he hugged me I carried him to the kitchen and held him on my hip while I opened the fridge and pulled out the things that I wanted.

I don't know how or when or even why this happened to Deku but I know Deku. And right now he must be starving. He was listing off "new" All Might trivia and I smiled while I carefully spread some whipped cream cheese on a cinnamon bagel that I nuked in the microwave, not trusting Deku to stay still long enough to actually toast them while I held him. It wasn't long when I had several on a plate and I brought out the honey just for his stomach to growl at the sight of the far too familiar brand that we've loved since we were kids.

"Sorry, Kacchan. I didn't realize I was already hungry," he whispered while trying to cover his face and hide his embarrassment.

"You better eat until you're full," I gently scolded him and grinned when he peeked through his fingers at me timidly. I drizzled the honey lightly over all of the split open hot bread and cream cheese, his eyes went wide when he saw the "feast" in front of his eyes.