Chapter 7

June 2015
**YOUR POV**
What was this sudden feeling in my stomach? What was I even thinking? I knew exactly what feeling it was, but I didn't want to feel it, so I just tried to ignore it completely.

„Y/n, hi." Harry got up from his seat, smiling at me. He was not sure if he could hug me or not, so I hugged him instead. For the first time in years, I wrapped my arms around him, gently placing my hands on his large back. Oh how I missed these heartful and warm hugs of his. He relaxed a little and slowly ran his warm hands over my back.

„Hey Harry." I smiled back.

„Y/n! It's been a while." Liam said as he and the rest of the boys got up to hug me while Harry greeted Taylor. „We missed you."

„It has been a while, yeah." I nodded. „I've missed you too. It's good to see you again."

They all smiled at me kind of nervous, not knowing what to say.
Taylor and I sat down at the table and just as fate wanted it, it turned out Harry sat right next to me.

As time pssed and the venue filled more and more with people, we eventually all relaxed. Honestly, Zayn, Louis, Liam and Niall did. Harry and I were both still not sure how to
deal with each other. Besides that, we had fun. I caught up with the boys a little bit and honestly, I missed this, I really did. Talking to them again as if I was never gone and nothing happened.

At some point, Harry leaned over to me. „You look beautiful by the way." He whispered in my ear, getting goosebumps. And there it was again, that weird feeling in my stomach.

„Thank you." I smiled, tucking a straind of hair behind my ear, not knowing where to look, because if I looked at him, the feeling would not go away... „You look quite nice too." I told him, looking back into his sparkly eyes.
‚Quite nice'? What was wrong with me?

I mean, in that suit he wore, nobody could tell me this man didn't look handsome.

„You still haven't had a drink, Y/n. Here I'll get you one." Harry said, holding a bottle of champagne in his left hand, ready to pour it into my glass.

„Oh, no, no, no...I can't drink." I told him, shaking my head.

„Come on, you always had a drink with us at events like this." He insisted. „You're not an alcoholic, trying to sober up, are you?" He asked, obviously joking.

„No, no...I uhm...there's another reason why I can't." I told him as he furrowed his brows.
There was a short moment of silence between the two of us. „But it's okay, I'll get something else to drink." I gave my best smile, but knew he didn't buy it.
We knew each other too well to know when something was wrong with one of us. The thing was, nothing was really wrong with me, so he had nothing to worry about. Of course, I didn't want to tell him this. He would ask questions and then I couldn't avoid them and had to answer. I didn't want that to happen.

„Okay." He said confused, placing the bottle back down on the table.

A few hours passed and meanwhile One Direction won a Brit. I was beyond happy for them and very proud.

„You guys deserved it." I said while hugging Harry again, wrapping my arms around his muscular body. Only now, I smelled his lovely scent I last smelled two years ago as I last hugged him. His scent didn't change a bit and instantly old memories came up in my mind.

„Thank you." Harry said, letting go of the hug.

„Y/n! Come on, you need to perform in a bit." Mason suddenly came up behind me.

„Uh, okay." I got up from my seat. „See you later then, guys."

„Have fun." Taylor smiled.

„Yeah, have fun!" The boys called.

I looked at Harry. „Enjoy it." He almost whispered with a little smile.

„I will." I nodded at him. „And thanks guys."

I followed Mason out of the giant venue, backstage where my band already waited. I felt how my nervousness started to kick in as I was getting closer and closer to my performance. I got my ear pieces and someone placed a mic in my hand. Everything went so fast, almost too fast.

„Mason, can I have a moment with the band real quick?" I asked him. „I just need a minute."

„Yeah, okay, but just a minute." He luckily said yes.

„Sure." I nodded and waited for him to leave so I could talk to the band. „Okay, guys, you rehearsed Fight Song aswell like I told you too, right?" I asked them.

„Yeah, we did." Noah said.

„Great, because we're gonna perform Fight Song now." I told them. „Briana cleared everything with the technicians and everyone is ready."

„Wow okay, we're definitely ready too, but does Mason know about this?" Nicole asked.

„No and he doesn't have to. We're just gonna do it, okay?"

„Alright, we're ready." Nicole smiled and it made me just a little bit calmer, knowing they were ready for it.

Just after that, Mason came back to us.

„Y/n, you need to be on stage in a minute, are you ready?" He asked me as he approached me.

„Yeah, I guess I am." I nodded.

My first performance in two years and I would sing Fight Song. Who would have ever thought about this moment to happen? I certainly didn't.

I put my ear pieces in my ears, breathed in and out. I didn't shake though, that was good, but I could feel my pulse in my throat and my heart was pounding faster than ever. I placed my hand on my stomach, closing my eyes and again, I breathed in and out, trying to calm me down.

„Okay, ready Y/n?" I heard someone talk to me through my ear pieces.

I nodded again. „Ready." I confirmed and looked back at the band, all of them nodding and smiling as if to say, everything would be fine.

Right at this moment, I needed someone who would tell me this, who would calm me down and tell me it will be okay, but I didn't have this kind of person. Not anymore.

„And now let's welcome someone on stage that we didn't see for a long time. She made her big comeback about a week ago and was ready to perform for us a song of her new album ,Believe'. Here is Y/n Y/l/n everyone!" I heard the host announcing my name and that didn't make it easier for me.

„Three, two, one, let's go." I heard someone talk in my ears again.
The band went first out on stage and got settled behind their instruments.
And then it was my turn. I started walking towards the stage, slowly, but still fast enough.

As soon as I stepped out on stage, the crowd errupted in applause. I looked up and saw that everyone had a smile on their faces.
I made my way to the middle of the stage where my mic stand was and placed my mic on it.
I looked to the left, seeing Mason standing on the side of the stage.
He would be so mad as soon as he would hear the song.

I looked back and nodded at the band, ready to start my performance.