Chapter 32

July 2015
**YOUR POV**
The doctor did the usual tests I knew too well from the past. He did it rather quick and I was glad about that, meaning we didn't have to stay for so long and then leave. The only thing he needed to do now was taking some blood samples.
Doctor Murphy got everything ready to take the blood and Harry still waited patiently, sitting on the chair next to me.

I looked at Harry as the doctor came to me, ready with the needle and just couldn't hide a smile.
I was used to needles and all these tests, but Harry hated them so much. Even if he wasn't the one that needed to give blood.

„Are you scared?" I asked him, letting out a laugh.

He frowned, his body tense before he looked up at me. „You know I hate needles." He told me like a little kid while the doctor inserted it in my arm for a few seconds.

„Just look away, H." His face was so cute when he tried to look, but still couldn't really.

„No, I can do it...for you." He smiled at me.

„Okay, all done." Doctor Murphy kind of interrupted our moment as he finished and pressed a bandage on my arm. „It will take half an hour and I'll know the results. You can wait here in the mean time."

„Okay, thank you doctor Murphy." I nodded and shortly after that, he left the room.

Almost immediately, my anxiety kicked in as realization hit me once again.

In half an hour I was gonna know if I had cancer again or not. I would find out if my life would change for the bad again or if I would live my life in peace.

I turned to look at Harry. „I'm so scared..." I whispered.

„Hey, don't be scared, love. Think of what I told you earlier. It will be fine."

„I just don't wanna know the results. What if-."

„Stop with the ,what ifs'." He placed his hand on mine to gently rub over the back of it. „I know you're scared and to be honest, I am too, but I wanna think positive and you have to do that too. Please do it...do it for me."

„I'm just so tired of this. I don't want this to be my life, I wanna be free."

„You don't have to, I promise." He said, his eyes sparkling in the light. „But promise me to think positive, always."

I nodded slowly. „Okay...I promise."

Just then, Harry's phone rang and once again, our moment was interrupted again.

„I'm sorry, it's my mum, I have to get this."

„Yeah, sure. Go on." I told him and let him answer the phone. He didn't go out of the room, luckily, but just walked to the other side of the room, looking out the window while talking. I didn't hear anything and didn't try to, so he had his privacy and could talk to his mother in peace.

A few moments later, he hung up and sat back down on the chair, grinning slightly as he did.

„Everything okay?" I asked, him not sure if it was okay for me to ask.

„Yeah, she just wanted to know what time I'll be there. I told her at around 1 pm."

„Oh, okay. Did...did you tell her about me coming too?"

„No, I didn't say anything. It's a total surprise." He smiled a little, instantly making me do the same.

„Alright, good." I let out a deep breath. „Thanking for taking me with you, I'm really happy to see them all again after so long."

„Hey, of course, Y/n. It's also your home, don't you forget that. And I know for sure, that they'll be thrilled to see you too." He grinned.

„I can't wait. I just want to be done here and leave." I told him.

„We're gonna be out of here sooner than you think." He assured me. „Just a few more minutes and we can go."

I nodded, hoping he was right with what he said.

The minutes felt like hours, like they wold never go by and I couldn't wait any longer as I sat impatiently on that hospital bed when finally, the door opened and doctor Murphy came back in with my file in his hands.

„Alright, I got the results back. Please come take a seat at my desk." He said when he walked in and closed the door behind his back before he pointed to the two chairs in front of his desk.

I didn't like the sound of his voice and my heart instantly started racing at the thought of him telling me what my future would look like now.

My whole body started shaking and I felt that Harry noticed. He placed both his hands in mine and gave them a gentle squeeze before he helped me up and guided me to the chair where doctor Murphy waited with the file open on his desk.

„Please just tell me what's wrong with me, doctor Murphy." I almost begged.

„Well, there is nothing wrong with you. I only have good news. Everything looks good. You're completely cancer free, Y/n."

„I am?" I asked silently, not quite believing it.

The doctor nodded, smiling and I turned to Harry.

„I'm cancer free." I looked at him, realization hitting me. I already felt tears pooling in my eyes and felt how they silently fell over my cheeks a few seconds later.

„You're cancer free." Harry smiled widely. „I'm so happy you have no idea." He pulled me into a tight hug, giving me a kiss on my cheek. „You did it. You did it again, you beat it and I'm so proud of you." He whispered in my ear.

„Thank you, H." I sobbed silently into his shoulder.

„No need to thank me and you know that." He whispered back before I let go of the hug.

„Thank you so much doctor Murphy, for everything...just thank you." I wiped my tears away, trying not to mess up my make up.

He just smiled at me. „You are a special person, Y/n and I'm glad you did it again and are now sitting here. I'm gonna miss you, but don't you dare coming back here." He let out a little laugh and so did I.

„I won't, I promise. And I'm gonna miss you too."

„There's one last thing I need to tell you though." He then said, looking serious again. „You look exhausted and I know with your job it's hard to do this, but you need to take it easy, you have to take it easy and not work too much, okay? It's not good, your body went through a lot and it needs to regain its strength first."

Harry looked at me with the same expression as the doctor.

„I will. For sure." I told them both.

„Good, then that would be it. I will see you in a few months then, okay?"

I nodded, still not believing what he just told me. „Yes, I'll see you in a few months from now." We all got up from our chairs and said our goodbyes before Harry and I left, heading for the car to finally leave.

As we made it to the parking area and got into the car, we sat there for a few seconds and the only thing I could do was starting to cry again.

I cried out of joy, tears of happiness and relief running down my cheeks as everything of the past two years went through my head.

I did it...I made it...