Chapter 74

November 2015
**YOUR POV**
„Nurse Megan will give you some more pain relievers in a minute, but first I need to make some quick tests. Would you please tell me if you can feel this?" He asked Harry after tracing with a pen along his arms, hands and fingers.

„Yeah, I can." Harry said silently after he did it to both his hands.

„Can you move your fingers for me?" The doctor asked and Harry did what was told, slowly but he moved them.

„Good, now we're gonna do the same thing with your legs and toes, okay?" He lifted the blanket a little bit and repeated the same tests to which Harry had the same answers like before and I could finally breathe again, grateful he could move and feel all his limbs.

I ran my hand through his hair, knowing it would calm him down a bit and hoping the pain he was experiencing would go away soon.

„That's already a good sign, Harry. Now I'm sure Y/n explained your injuries a bit."

I nodded quickly.

„Good. Since you've just woken up from a ten day coma and you hit your head previously, I need to ask you some routine questions, even though I'm sure you'll answer most of them."

„Okay...go on." Harry let out more like a whimper than an answer.

„Can you tell me your full name?" Doctor Russell asked after he sat down in his chair, holding a pen and Harry's file.

„Harry Edward Styles."

„How old are you?" He looked up at Harry.

„21."

„Can you tell me what you do for a living?"

„I'm a singer...in One Direction." Harry breathed, becoming more and more tired.

„Good. Do you remember what happened?"

„I fell...off that bloody platform." He sighed, frowning hard.

„Okay, last question, do you know who she is?" He pointed at me.

„Of course I know her." His eyes moved to look at me. „She's my beautiful girlfriend Y/n Y/l/n." He cracked a smile that soon faded, agony crushing his spinal cord. „Fuck!" He let out. „Please give me something for the pain, please." He begged at this point, making me worry more and more.

„Nurse Megan will give you more pain relievers. I wanna move as quick as possible to x-ray your spine and do the CT scan." The doctor told us again. „You also may be extremely tired, but that's very normal after waking up of a coma, so rest and sleep and you'll get stronger."

He explained before rushing out and leaving the room.

„Y/n?" Harry called me silently, moving a tiny bit, soon regretting it. „Fuck, fuck, fuck!" He let out, tears pooling in his eyes.

„Hey, try not to move, Haz, okay?" I sat back down next to him, gently draping my arm over his body. „Your back hurts that much, huh? You're worrying me here."

„I'm sorry...it just- it hurts so bad, I've never felt anything like this." Tears filled his eyes and fell down his cheeks, the sharp pain hitting him again as he turned pale.

„I'm sorry, love. I'm sorry I can't do anything to help. I hate seeing you in so much pain. The pain relievers will kick in soon, I promise." I kissed his lips gently, scared to hurt him if I touched him anywhere else.

„I'm scared that something's really wrong." He admitted and it broke my heart hearing him say something like this. „This pain, my back...something's not right." Tears slid down his cheeks. „I can feel it. Something's wrong. Something's really fucking wrong."

„You're gonna be okay, I promise. Whatever it is, we're gonna get through it together, yeah? Don't be scared, you're not alone, I'm right here with you. We're a team. I need you and you need me, that's how it always was, remember?"

„Yeah, it's just...my back. I can- I can't move, I- I'm so scared."

I cupped his cheek before pressing my lips against it. „No matter what happens, I'll always be here with you. Always, I promise. You're gonna be okay and we'll get through whatever is gonna try and stop us, baby. You're gonna be okay, I know you will."

„Thank you...I love you so much."

„Love you more, honey." I pressed a kiss on the back of his hand. „By the way, Anne and Gemma flew in after your accident and stayed until a few das ago. Robin was here too, but had to leave earlier. I updated them and they said they'd fly back in a few days. Hope that's okay." I told him as he listened carefully. „Your family and the boys are all over the moon that you're back with us. They said they wanna visit you soon when you feel better and feel like it."

„That's more than okay, I really appreciate it actually. Thank you." He breathed, pain and exhaustion taking over.

„I'm sorry you're in so much pain."

He just smiled a little, changing the subject. „You look tired, love." He brushed my hair out of my face.

„Says the one that falls asleep every few minutes."

„Heeey, that's not fair." He chuckled, eyes on the verge of closing.

„Don't fight it, Harry. Go to sleep if you can. I'm not gonna leave your side."

„Mhm...fine." He let out silently, sleep overcoming him just a few minutes later.

While he was out, nurse Megan came in with more pain relievers and they got him to do the x-rays and CT scan. Harry woke up again just before they took him with them. Meanwhile, I paced around his hospital room, so worried about what was wrong with him that I didn't even know how to think straight.
I texted Anne to quickly let her know what was going on with Harry.

„They're making x-rays and a CT scan of his back right now. He is in extreme pain, the doctor is concerned himself. I'm still waiting to hear anything."

„Doesn't sound good, keep me updated. Definitely not the news we hoped for." Anne replied.

„His mobility and feeling in his limbs is there though, so that's good. Will update as soon as I get news."

„Thank god! Thank you, darling!"

„Y/n?" I looked up from my phone, quickly putting it away as I heard the knock on the door.

Nurse Megan stood in the doorway, waiting for me to get her attention.

„Sorry, is Harry back yet?" I asked her.

„Yes, I just wanted to let you know that he got another room now, there's no need for him to be in the ICU anymore. Come with me I'll show you where he is."

„Oh, that sounds good, right?" I asked, grabbing my things and followed her.

„That's good yeah." She nodded. „Doctor Russell will be here shortly to discuss the x-rays and the CT scan. Harry doesn't have to wear the neck brace anymore, after giving a look at the x-rays, they said it was okay to take it off. He just shouldn't move, but we already told Harry that." She explained on our way to the elevator that went down one floor. She led me through a short hallway until she stopped in front of one of the rooms and opened the door to Harry's.
He was awake, now lying flat on his back in his bed and the neck brace was gone just as nurse Megan had told me.

„I'm gonna leave you two alone, press the button if you need anything."

„Okay, I will thank you." I nodded and closed the door.