Chapter 28

July 2015
**HARRYS POV**
I hated it, that Y/n felt like she couldn't ask me things like this and thought I was bothered by it. We used to talk about anything and weren't scared to ask whatever we wanted, but now it was different...so different and I didn't like it. I wanted her to feel safe again, to feel free and secure, because right now, she didn't. She was scared, sad and unhappy, I could tell she was and I hated it with all my heart. The last thing I wanted was her feeling like that. She was the happiest person I knew before she left. Always positive and always walking around with a smile on her face.
That was the past...

„Would you?" Y/n asked again, tearing me away from my thoughts.

„I- yes!" I blurted out. „God, yes of course I would come with you."

„You sure? Are you not busy with something else?"

„No, I'm not." I shook my head.

„Really? I- I can go by myself."

„No, I won't let you go alone. I'll go with you, no excuses." I told her and looked into her watery eyes, catching her smiling just a little bit. Enough for me to smile at her too.

„This means a lot to me." She almost whispered.

„I know." I whispered back.

„Tha-."

I cut her off. „Don't thank me. There's no way I'd say no and you already thanked me enough."

She nodded, smiling a little again. „Okay."

„Come on now, let's get back to the hotel. Tomorrow will be another long day." I grabbed her bags and held the door of the room open so she could step out first before I turned the lights off and closed the door behind me, following her.

As soon as everyone was ready, I took Y/n with me into the car. We had all separate cars, what I thought was good, because that way Y/n didn't have to deal with questions from the boys and make the situation even worse for her.

We sat in the backseat, planning out our schedule since tomorrow we had to leave together as soon as possible for the UK and her appointment and then almost immediately leave for Manchester again.
I knew this would be very hard and stressful on her and I didn't want to pressure her even more, so I took care of the organization stuff and everything else going on.

„And then in the morning we'll leave for Manchester, okay?" I asked her, typing down everything on my phone so I wouldn't forget anything.
I didn't get an answer though.

„Y/n?" I asked again, looking to my left and realized why she didn't answer. She fell asleep, in the most adorable way possible.

„Sorry, sorry, what did you say?" She woke up, rubbing her eyes.

„Nothing, go back to sleep. Here, lay down, so it's more comfortable." I patted on my lap.

First, she was hesitant, but soon decided to do it and laid down, resting her head on my things. She fell asleep again rather quickly.
I looked down at her, her beautiful and gorgeous face, my heart pounding fast as I did.
I still couldn't quite believe she was really back and actually next to me right now. I missed her so much, thought everyday about her and worried if she was okay, if something happened to her...if she was with someone and if she'd ever come back.
I thought I'd never see her again, so when I looked up at the VMA's and saw her standing there, my heart almost burst and all my emotions kind of hit me. Happiness, sadness, madness, relief and hurt. I felt everything concurrently.

I remembered how many sleepless nights I had, crying my eyes out for hours on our third tour and pretending everything was fine during the day, interviews and shows. I was sad, so sad, but at some point I was just angry, angry at her, but also at me, because I thought it was all my fault. And then at some point, I was just worried sick about her and what must have happened. It was so sudden and everything happened so fast and out of nowhere.