Chapter 72

November 2015
**YOUR POV**
Nurse Megan came in quickly, eyes wide as she saw Harry with tired but open eyes.

„He woke up." I told her with tears in my eyes.

„I'm gonna get doctor Russell." She grinned and left the room before entering again just a few minutes later together with doctor Russell.

He smiled at me when he entered, quickly checking Harry's vitals before he started talking.

„Welcome back, Harry. You gave us quite a fright." He said. „You're at the hospital, you had an accident, but I'm gonna explain further details later. Can you try and squeeze my hand?" He asked Harry and placed his hand in his. Harry squeezed, what was great. He winced when he needed to squeeze with his other hand, the pain of his sprain clearly still there.
But he squeezed and that was a good sign.

„Okay Harry, now, since you're breathing on your own, we need to remove your oxygen tube, okay?" Doctor Russell informed him before looking at me. „If you could step out for a few minutes? We'll call you as soon as we're done." He looked at me with a little smile. I was still sat on the bed, stroking Harry's arm with my hand so he wouldn't be all too scared.

I nodded. „Of course." I pressed a quick kiss on Harry's cheek. „I'll be right back with you." I told him when Harry's hand gripped mine tightly, not wanting to let go, fear back in his eyes.

I looked over at doctor Russell. „Please let me stay, he's scared."

„Alright then, you can stay." He nodded, noticing himself how scared Harry was.
I turned back to look at Harry, his features softening as I gave him a reassuring smile.

„Alright, Harry, ready?" Doctor Russell asked and Harry blinked, giving consent. „Take a deep breath in for me and when I count to three, I want you to breathe out."

Harry did what was told to him and took a deep breath in, waiting for doctor Russell to count to three and breathe out, pulling his breathing tube out while doing so. Harry gripped my hand tightly, shutting his eyes in pain until it was out and he started coughing hard, wincing at the motion, brows furrowed.

„You did so good, Harry." I whispered in his ear when he calmed down a bit while rubbing his arm, his eyes filled with some tears.

„Good, you did great." Doctor Russell confirmed while nurse Megan set up a smaller oxygen tube that went around his nose and over his ears so he still had some relief. „Your throat might be sore because of the breathing tube so don't try to talk if it hurts too much. Nurse Megan is gonna take some blood samples and I'll be back soon to ask you some questions and do more tests. Until then, try not to move, you injured your back along with your wrist, ribs and head so the neck brace has to stay for a bit longer. I'll explain everything in detail later when you got some rest." Doctor Russell explained.

It was a lot of information for Harry and I could see he wasn't able to follow everything he said but got most of it. „It's good to see you again, Harry, get some sleep." He said before he left the room with nurse Megan after she took the blood samples.

We were finally alone now, what I was really glad about. I couldn't see nor talk to him in ten days, I finally deserved some time with him even if it meant he couldn't talk at the moment. He was here, conscious and listening and that was more than I could ever ask for.

„Hey lovie. Remember Me?" I smiled with tears in my eyes when I sat down next to him, careful of his injuries.

He blinked, his eyes fixed on mine as he tried to nod a little, making him wince instantly doing so.
I couldn't help myself but let the tears fall down and smile at him as he nodded to my question.
He knew who I was. He remembered me and that meant the world to me.

„Okay let's just blink instead of nodding for now so it won't hurt you more." I told him, my voice trembling even more as I wiped one of his own tears away that escaped his eyes and slowly ran down his cheek. „Are you thirsty?"

He blinked slowly, so that I knew it was a yes.

„Here." I grabbed the cup the nurse just placed on the bedside table and put the straw in Harry's mouth so he could drink a little bit, wincing again as the water went down his throat.

„You scared the shit out of me, you know?" I cupped his cheek again, stroking it with my thumb. „Fuck, thank god you're awake." Tears streamed down my cheeks and before I knew it, he placed his hand in mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze with a little smile what was enough to make me cry all over again. „You need sleep now, Haz, I know you're exhausted. Go on, close your beautiful and tired eyes, I'll be right here when you wake up again." I assured him as it got harder for him to keep his eyes open.

He cleared his throat, opening his mouth.

„Don't talk if it hurts, love." I told him. He closed his eyes for a second.

„I...I love you." There it was, his voice, rough and scratchy, very quiet but it was there. Harry was there. He was talking to me, saying he loved me.

„I love you more." I sniffled, leaning over him to kiss his lips. „Go to sleep now, it's been rough for you." I brushed his hair out of his face and waited until he drifted away, watching until he did so.

I took the chance to leave the room, looking back once more to see him lying there, this time just asleep. I knew he'd wake up again.

As I got out of the room, nurse Megan was the first one I saw, smiling brightly at me and all I could do was fall in her arms to hug her tight.

„Thank you so much for everything. I think I would have lost my shit completely if it weren't for you." I told her, honestly.

„Hey of course!" She rubbed my back. „I'm just doing my job." She smiled at me when we let go.

„And a damn good one." I said, smiling back.

„I'm glad he woke up, happy to see you smile."

„I still can't believe it." I admitted. „What reminds me, I should call his family to let them know." I told her, already looking for my phone.
She waved at me and then went on with her work while I went to the cafeteria to call Anne and also get something to eat for later.

I've never been so nervous to call Anne and was relieved when she finally picked up.

„Y/n darling, hi. Are there any news? I've got you on speaker, Gem is listening too." She immediately said.

„I do have news." I let out with a sob that I didn't expect to come out, tears falling all over again.

„What happened? Is he okay?" Gemma and Anne both asked concerned.

„Sorry, I didn't wanna scare you. Actually, half an hour ago, Harry...woke up." I finally let out with a smile on my face, they obviously couldn't see.

„What?!" Gemma called. „Oh my god! Oh my god!" Anne started crying out of relief. „He woke up?" Gemma asked again, not believing it.

„Yes he really did. I sat with him and then he suddenly started squeezing my hand. He was able to hear me and kept squeezing until he opened his eyes." I explained, wiping my own tears away.

„Thank fuck he woke up. I was so scared." Gemma breathed. „How is he?" Anne asked.

„Well, the oxygen tube is gone now, he just needs a bit of oxygen through his nose to kind of support his body a little. His throat is a bit sore because of the tube, but he can talk and he listens and understands what's up." I paused. „He remembers me." I sniffled again. „They said they'd check on him later and would do more tests when he's got a bit of sleep, because he's extremely tired. For now they took some blood samples. He's in pain though, quite a lot I think, but he gets medication for that. He's asleep now so I went to call you guys and tell you the good news."

„Oh god, that sounds good already. We got him back, I'm so relieved." Anne cried. „Gemma and I will fly back in in a few days to visit, could you keep us informed until then."

„Of course I will. I'll keep you updated."

„Thanks Y/n. See you soon love okay?"

„See you guys soon." I repeated and hung up the phone, feeling as relieved as ever.