Chapter 81

November 2015
**YOUR POV**
The following day, Louis and Liam came visiting and just entered the hospital as I came out of the cafeteria.
They both greeted me with a tight hug. The last time I saw the boys was when Harry still was in a coma, meaning they would see Harry the first time awake since like two weeks or so.
We headed towards Harry's room, entering it when Harry was scrolling through his phone that he put away when ge saw us, the small tv playing on a lower volume in the background as well.

„I got you some chocolate if you feel up to it and look who I brought with me." I held the door open for Liam and Louis.

„Heeey mate, how are you feeling?" Liam smiled bright, earning a big smile of Harry back, his cute bunny teeth showing.

„Hey lad, how are you?" Louis followed Liam and they both sat down next to Harry's bed while I made myself comfortable on the small couch in the back of the room.

„Hi guys, good to see you. I'm okay, just this pain that's insane. I'm only two days out of surgery." Harry told them.

„Right, but are you feeling better? We've heard you're in quite a lot of pain, huh?" Louis asked.

„Well, the physical therapist comes in and has me standing and walking, but it hurts so bad. Never have I ever been in so much pain. As soon as they have me up, I just wanna lay down again. I thought I was about to pass out the first time they had me up."

„That sounds horrible." Liam whispered, eyeing Harry concerned. „How long do they think that'll last for?"

„Depends on the person, but could be up to four or five weeks."

„Four weeks?" Louis' eyes widen.
„Goddammit, H." He sighed and rubbed his face, realization kicking in. „You broke your back."

„I did...I broke my back." Harry nodded.

„Fuck, we were all so worried about you. These past two weeks and that night we saw you fall was just horrible."

„Yeah, it was a lot." Liam nodded. „We're glad to finally see you awake and sort of okay. I'm sure you'll be on your feet sooner than you think."

„I don't know, I'm not so sure about that." Harry shrugged, the movement already too sudden as he winced.

„What do you mean?" Liam asked.

„They said it will take a year for me to fully recover and it takes months from now until I won't be in pain anymore. I mean, I can barely walk, let alone stand. I won't be able to move properly for god knows how long plus I have to do physical therapy for some time or I'll end up with a permanent injury and they said there's always the risk of failure of the bone healing." He paused for a second, sighing. „I don't know when I'll be able to perform again...we just started tour and then this happens. What if I'm out for a whole year? Management expects me to recover soon."

„Wow, wow, wow, hold on there." Louis stopped him from talking. „You broke your back, Harry, you had major spinal surgery, no on expects you back anytime soon-."

„But management and the fans." He sighed, genuinely concerned.

„We'll deal with management and don't worry about the fans, management just put out a statement of your condition, they'll understand." Liam assured him.

„Listen, don't worry about tour or anything in particular, we'll postpone it until you're ready to be back. Don't rush your recovery, take the time you need, okay? One step at a time. The most important thing is that you fully recover. Hell, even if it would take a whole year, then that's what it is and we can be back then. Your health is priority, Styles." Louis told him and it warmed my heart hearing him say this.

„Alright then. Thanks guys. I'm sorry for this whole inconvenience, didn't plan on breaking my back anytime soon, but here I am." He said with a little chuckle, making Louis roll his eyes.

„How many days have you left in here?" Liam asked, leaning back in his chair.

„Two or three days and then strict bed rest for some weeks." He told them. „I'm gonna get a back brace I need to wear for like 6 weeks to help heal my spine and to keep it in place."

„Oh god, how did they even fix the fracture?" Louis wondered.

„Well it was a rather intense surgery, because I also had some neural damage as well so they had to perform a procedure that's called spinal fusion. They took a piece of bone from my pelvis and put it between my T11 and T12 vertebrae to fuse them together and some screws and plates are holding it all together."

„Fuck me." Liam cursed silently.

„It sounds horrible, I know." Harry sighed. „And it hurts even worse as it sounds."

He was right, it did sound horrible, especially because he had to go through it, my sweet angel Harry who didn't deserve this, ever was in so much pain for a stupid accident like that.

As we were all talking, we couldn't overhear the tv when the news came on with a story about Harry and all our attention turned towards it.

Two weeks after One Direction's last show in Los Angeles and the singer Harry Styles' scary accident, a statement regarding his health has been released.
During their last show here in LA the band performed one of their songs on a platform 6 meters above the ground. Everything went well until Harry's security strap gave in and he fell back first down the platform onto the ground.

They showed the video of how his strap broke and how he started falling. Harry looked away, his brows furrowed, so I went to his side, slipping my hand in his and squeezing it gently to give him some sort of comfort.

Paramedics rushed to his side and immediately transported him to the hospital. Nobody knew what was going on and if the singer suffered any injuries. The fans were worried sick, not knowing what has happened to their idol, until now, two weeks later. As confirmed by one of Harry Styles' representatives via the official One Direction Twitter page, the singer has suffered an intense back injury and during this time, the band will not be continuing their world world tour as it was planned until Styles has recovered and received permission to do so from his doctors and physician. The twenty one year old singer underwent an intense and unavoidable  spinal surgery two days ago and is recovering at the hospital ever since.
His representative wrote: 'Harry is currently doing okay and recovering with the guidance of his loved ones, but at this time, he and his band mates ask for privacy.' We don't know when he'll get discharged yet.
It is unknown when Styles will return to continue their On The Road Again Tour that had only just started.

„Fuck me." Harry sighed. „I just hope they won't crowd around the hospital when I get to leave."

„We'll make sure that doesn't happen. Mobbing you in this condition would be severe." I assured him and Louis and Liam agreed.

„At least...now the world knows what's up." Harry said, getting interrupted by a knock on the door as nurse Megan entered.

„I need to change your bandages, sweetheart." She came inside, greeting the others.

Liam and Louis looked at me and Harry with a questioning face.

„You can stay if you want, I don't mind." Harry told them. „We've been living together for five years, I think we've seen worse." They all laughed at that. It was refreshing to hear him genuinely laugh after days of listening to him whimpering and crying in pain.

„That's true." Liam chuckled.

Nurse Megan and I helped Harry to take off his shirt, revealing his back and the thick dressing pressed over the incision in the middle of his lower back.
Changing the dressings was very painful for him, because in order to do that, he needed to lean forward what his back didn't really allow to do without being in extreme pain.
He tightly gripped onto the bedsheets in front of him, eyes shut while nurse Megan took off the old dressing, revealing his still very fresh scar.

Louis and Liam both winced at the sight and I could tell they hated seeing him in so much pain.