Chapter 92

December 2015
**YOUR POV**
I nodded. "You stayed with me every day, from the moment I fell off that damn platform to the day I got discharged and that means so much to me. You know how much I hate hospitals and needles and everything, but you made it tolerable, Y/n. Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me for this, Harry-."

"No Y/n, seriously, it means a lot to me that you stayed with me through all of it and ever since I've been home, you've helped me so much."

"I care about you and I love you, you're my boyfriend, of course I'll help you." I said.

"I know you do, but you don't have to help me. You don't have to help me shower, you didn't have to sleep in your bed upstairs so I could sleep in this one and you didn't have to cancel your life these last few weeks, but you did."

"Baby, I didn't cancel my life. You are my life. You're all I've got and I just want the best for you and look after you and care for you the way you did for me when I first got sick. You are everything to me, Haz, of course I'm gonna help you as much as I can." I told him.

"That's the thing, you literally just had cancer again. You're still recovering yourself, but you're taking care of me when you should take care of yourself."

"Listen to me, Harry. For once in your life I want you to be selfish. This is about you, not me, lovie. I'm okay, everything looks good and I can handle it, but you're not okay. You still need time and that's okay, but please be selfish for once, don't worry about me or anyone else than yourself."

He nodded. "Thank you and I'm sorry if you ever felt like I took you for granted."

"You're silly." I laughed, kissing his lips. "But I love you anyway."

"What's so funny?" Harry asked.

"You haven't taken me for granted once. Sometimes you're stubborn when you don't feel well, but you've never made me feel under appreciated. If anything, I thought you felt like I was invalidating you, since I'm breathing down your neck 24/7."

"I need someone to remind me of my place." Harry admitted. "Without you, I'd have my mum here and with my mum here, I would have another broken vertebrae from trying to prove her wrong, so believe me, I'm eternally grateful."

"Always trying to prove something to someone, Styles." I murmured, meeting his eyes. "Suppose that's why I like you as much as I do."

"Well, if that's why you like me..." Harry started. "Then why do you love me?"

"Because you're handsome." I kissed him. "And you have a heart of gold." Another kiss. "And you are the strongest man I've ever met." I kissed him once more.

*

The boys traveled home to the UK after they visited Harry in the hospital, but they came back during his fourth week of recovery to check in on him and to celebrate Christmas and New Years together. They were a bit surprised when they saw just how tired and skinny Harry still looked, as his rough appearance didn't come across so intensely through video calls.

"You look good." Liam said, sitting opposite of him in one of the recliners.

"Really?" Harry asked, uncertain.

"Absolutely, how many people look like bloody models wearing a back brace?" He wiggled his eyebrows, hoping to make Harry laugh, which he did, even blushing a bit.

"Just what he needs. An ego boost." I grinned, leaning down to kiss the top of Harry's head. I sat down beside him on the arm of the couch.

"Guys, someone needs to say something." Louis walked down the hallway, coming from the bathroom, his phone in his hand. "And soon."

"What?" I blurted out in confusion. "To who? About what?"

"People are getting upset with us since we haven't commented about Harry on any social media." Louis explained. "Everyone still believes we owe them an explanation."

"Let me grab my phone. I'll set the record straight." Harry said, using my knee to push himself to his feet. "Ahh shit!" He hissed and stumbled when he started to walk.

I caught his elbow in my hand, guiding him back. "Hey careful, H. Don't strain yourself. You don't need to be up and about right now, I'll get your phone."

Once I stood up to grab the phone that was on the kitchen table, Liam, Niall and Zayn looked at Harry, worry in their eyes. "You alright?" Niall asked, genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, it just still hurts a lot and physical therapy tires me out." Harry responded, offering a reassuring smile. "But I'm fine, I promise."

I returned, handing Harry's phone to him. "What are you gonna do?" I asked, sitting back down on the arm of the couch.

"You'll see." Harry said.

I leaned over his shoulder, watching his fingers as they clicked on the Twitter app and typed out a new tweet. The other two boys were silent, waiting for the notification of their phones.

@Harry_Styles: Hi guys, thank you for all your love and support. As you know I injured my back pretty intensely after my accident during our last show, but I am currently doing well, having come out of surgery a month ago.

@Harry_Styles: I suffered a severe compression fracture in my T11 vertebrae along with some nerve damage. I had to get spinal surgery to fix the fracture. Thank you again for all your well wishes.

@Harry_Styles: I'm sorry I can't be back and see you guys on tour yet, since I am still working towards being able to travel and perform.

@Harry_Styles: My priority right now is becoming comfortable and strong enough in my recovery to do so. I need some time to heal now. Thank you for your patience. Love you. H

Harry didn't use social media a lot, so I knew his tweets would mean a lot to the fans and hopefully calm them down a bit now that they knew what was up from Harry himself.

Only a few seconds after he tweeted, his phone started buzzing with notifications. Lots and lots of well wishes of his fans, most of them still being concerned about him and a few of which were from his bandmates.

@NiallOfficial: Very proud of you @Harry_Styles. You deserve the best! Love ya mate.

@LiamPayne: Harry's one of a kind. Very proud of him for coming so far already in his recovery. Love you mate!

@Louis_Tomlinson: Proud of you lad! Take it easy for now @Harry_Styles! Can't wait to see you back at it! Love you man.

@zaynmalik: Love you bro and very proud of you. Can't wait to have you back on stage when the time's right!

I took my phone out of my back pocket and even typed some words myself.

@Y/n_Y/l/n: It's been a hard couple of weeks. Very strange to see such a kind and lovely person go through this kind of trouble.

@Y/n_Y/l/n: It shows us it even happens to the best of us. @Harry_Styles I love you so incredibly much! So proud of you! You'll come back stronger than ever. Strongest person I know.

He looked up at me, smiling as he placed his hand on my thigh, mouthing a 'Love you too'.

"Thank you guys for all your support, it really means the world to me."

A few more public figures took the time to write Harry on twitter. It was nice to have unexpected support from  people who could relate to what Harry was going through. Most of them were his friends like Ed Sheeran, Nick Grimshaw, Rita Ora, Cara Delevingne and a few other sports players who suffered massive injuries themselves.