Chapter 73

November 2015
**YOUR POV**
I eventually made my way back to Harry's room, sitting down on the little couch nearby where I could have an eye on him in case he woke up.

I took the time to call Louis who I knew was with the boys at the studio to quickly inform them what was up with Harry.

„Hey Lou, could you put me on speaker so the others can hear me too?" I asked him, whispering so I wouldn't wake Harry up.

„Hi yeah, sure. You're on speaker. Why are you whispering though?" He asked.

„Because Harry's sleeping right now." I told them with a little smile on my face already, looking up at Harry.

„Oh oka-." Louis was about to say but got cut off by Niall.

„Wait...he's sleeping? And what does ‚right now' mean?" NIall asked.

„Harry...he woke up." I finally told them, trying to contain my excitement.

„HE WHAT?!" I heard all of them shout.

„He's out of the coma?" Zayn asked for me to confirm.

„He's out of the coma." I confirmed. „Still very tired and in pain but he woke up, thank god." I told them.

„Jesus, thank god!" Louis sighed with relief.

I explained to them everything I explained to Gem and Anne earlier on what exactly happened and they were obviously all over the moon and relieved he woke up, promising they'd come by soon to visit him.

Harry slept through a few hours until he slowly opened his eyes again so I quickly sat back down next to him on the edge of his bed, this time on his other side.

„Hey, love." I smiled at him as soon as his eyes got used to his surroundings and he was looking at me.

„Hi." He smiled back a little.

„How are you feeling, baby?" I asked him, gently placing my hand on his chest.

„Tired. My back...it hurts so much." He whimpered.

„I'm sorry, honey. They gave you something for the pain, I hope it's working soon." I looked over at the bag of medicine hanging above him that streamed through his IV. „I missed you so much. Do you even remember what happened?"

„I do...I think. During the show...my strap broke and I just...fell down."

I nodded, remembering the horrible night.

„I was so scared. I thought I'd lose you forever." I told him, holding back my tears.

„Never." He smiled weakly, but it faded soon. „Why...why does my back hurt so...so fucking much?"

„Well, you fell straight on your back. They couldn't really say anything about injuries in your back because they needed you to wake up first, but other than that, you hit your head on the way down and were bleeding, so you've got some stitches up there." I gently tucked some of his hair behind his ear, revealing the stitches and the small part of hair they had to shave.

„You've lost quite a bit of blood that led to you...falling into uhm...into a coma."

„Coma?" He looked at me surprised and a bit shocked, brows furrowed.

„Yeah, coma." I nodded drawing circles on his chest with the index of my finger. He placed his hand on mine as a comfort.

„For how long?" He frowned.

„You were out for quite a bit. Ten long days." I looked at him, his eyes glossy. „Worst ten days ever."

„I'm so sorry, love." A tear slipped down his cheek.

„Hey none of that." I wiped his tear away. „This isn't any of your fault in the slightest bit." I pressed a kiss on his lips. „I'm just so glad you're awake and I finally get to see you again. After the accident, they said they weren't sure if you'd even make it." I found myself crying again.

„I promise, I'm not going anywhere." He stroke my hand with his finger. „What's happened to my hand?" He held the one up that was set in a brace.

„You sprained your wrist, nothing too serious. It will be fine, but you also got some other injuries. You broke a lot of ribs on your right side. That's why you're bandaged up around your chest."

„Fuck." He sighed, grimacing in pain. „That's a lot." He sighed, exhausted.

„It's gonna be okay, H. You're gonna need a lot of rest, but it's gonna be okay, I promise. Let's see what the doctor says about your back and we'll go from there."

„My back really fucking hurts...shit." He huffed. „I can't even move my arms without it hurting." He breathed, his voice still scratchy and eyes shut. „Is that normal?"

„I- I don't know, I'm sorry." I frowned at that. I hated seeing him in pain and he must have been in a lot right now. „I'm gonna call the doctor now."

Just when I was about to press the button, there was a knock on the door and doctor Russell entered.

„Alright, how are you feeling, Harry?" He asked him.

„As if my spine got split in two." He tried to breathe through it. „My back hurts so much...please, I...I can't even move without pain shooting through my spine."

I wasn't sure how I felt, hearing him say that it hurt so bad. It concerned me for sure, because Harry had a pretty high pain tolerance, especially when it came to his back since he had problems with it now and then, but seeing him like this now, admitting he was in massive pain was very concerning to me. Never ever had he admitted it if something was wrong, let alone hurt.

„Is that normal?" I asked doctor Russell, switching to the other side of Harry's bed to slip my hand in his which he immediately gripped tightly. „You told me his spine was bruised, is it possible to hurt this much?"

He frowned himself, giving me an uneasy feeling. „It's certainly not normal. It concerns me quite a bit. He shouldn't be in so much pain right now. It could be possible we missed something when they brought him in after the accident so I wanna get his back x-rayed and get a CT scan as soon as possible to see what's wrong." He told us, making my heart drop all over again, worry taking over.

Just when I thought the worst part was over, another wave of bad news hit us again.