Chapter 40

August 2015
**HARRYS POV**
My heart was racing in my chest as fast as it ever did, scared something serious would have happened to her.
I checked her breathing and pulse, both was fine, luckily.

„Come on, please wake up for me." I whispered in her ear before I lightly kissed her forehead. „Please, Y/n."

A few seconds passed and finally her eyes slowly opened after what seemed like an eternity.

„Hey, are you okay?" I asked her as she slowly sat up.

„I guess?" She responded silently.

„What happened?" I asked her, placing a hand on her back to support her sitting up.

Tears welled up in her eyes and she fell in my arms. I hugged her tight before I picked her up bridal style and got up myself, carrying her to a couch that was nearby.

„It's okay, you're okay. I'm here." I soothed her as I sat down next to her.

„I'm sorry I'm bothering you with these kind of things once again..."

„No, don't say that, Y/n." I brushed some of her hair out of her face. „Tell me what happened and why you're all alone here."

She sighed deeply. „Since we came back from Manchester, Mason makes me work my ass off day and night. He won't let me sleep or eat and is constantly yelling at me...he made me rehears all day long with just the lunch break and he left me here alone earlier, saying that he had an important meeting or something. And when I stood there, looking through the songs again, suddenly everything went black and that's the last thing I know."

„Oh love, that's because you're dehydrated and don't eat much. Look how skinny you are, that's not good."

„I know, I know it's not good, I know I shouldn't have done this to myself..." She sobbed, her hands shaking.

„I'll get you some water, I'll be right back." I told her, getting up to grab a bottle of water out of the fridge.
„Here, and eat this." I also handed her some chocolate to hopefully stop her shaking.

„Thanks." She said silently, before drinking and eating and I waited patiently til she was ready to talk again. „Do you ever get a little bit tired of life? Like you're not really sad, but you still wanna die? Like you're hanging by a thread, but you gotta survive?" She asked, looking up at me before continuing. „Like your body is in the room, but you're not really there... You have empathy inside, but you don't really care..."

„Tell me what you need, love. Tell me the truth and I'll help you. You just need to talk to me." I brushed my thumb lightly over her cheek.
I knew she wasn't doing well, but to hear her how she feels, hurts even more.
I knew now was the time and she was ready to talk to me about the last few weeks. She wanted to tell me, but I felt that she was scared.

„Harry, I can't do this anymore." She let out with a painful sob. „I am breaking, Mason breaks me and I don't wanna do this anymore, not with him. I don't know why he does this to me, but I don't wanna pretend anymore. He treats me like shit and I've had enough of it." She cried.

I sighed. Hearing from her that this was not good and that she had enough, was a relieve for me, because I knew, that she was aware of how bad he treated her.

„Can't you get out of this somehow? This isn't acceptable, he can't do this to you."

She shook her head. „I can't because of the contract. Who even cares how I feel? My management doesn't care, no one of them care about the artist and their feelings, they only care about the money." She told me the facts that I already knew. She was right, it was exactly like this. She slipped into a bad management and it was hard to get out of there.

„When does your contract expire?" I asked her curiously.

„I signed for three albums, so this is the last one and with all the promo stuff and tour, maybe in a year or so."

„That's good, it's just another year. I know it's not right and not good, but with tour and everything else going on, the year will go by fast and you're out of there. You will mostly perform and do what you love, so at least you'll still have fun with your fans until the year is over."

She nodded slowly. „I'll try, but I'm scared." She admitted.

„Don't you worry, I'm here and the boys are too. We've got you."

„Thank you Harry." She leaned forward to hug me. „I can't thank you enough for everything you do for me."

„No need to thank me. I'm always here." I rubbed her back. „And now, I'll drive you home and you get some rest, okay?"

„Please." She said as she let go of me.

„Come on then. Get up slowly, I don't want you to faint again." I told her as I got up myself and held my hand out for her.

„Me neither." She let out a little laugh when she got up.

We took the elevator to the first floor and got out of the building, instantly getting swarmed by paps. I instinctively grabbed Y/n's hand and felt how her grip tightened the closer we got to them.

„It's okay, just breathe. The car isn't far from here." I told her, knowing her struggle with claustrophobia. She nodded, quickly following me as I made my way through the crowd towards the car. I let her inside on the passenger side before I quickly got in myself and drove away.

„Feeling okay?" I asked her.

„Yes, I do. Thanks."

„Of course." I smiled at her. „You know what? We're gonna make a halt somewhere." I told her.

„Why and where?" She looked confused.

„You'll see." I grinned.

**YOUR POV**
I was so lucky to have him as my friend even after everything that happened. He managed to make me smile in the darkest of times and this was what I needed right now.
I couldn't take my eyes off of him as he drove around the city towards somewhere I didn't know yet.

When he pulled into a parking area and I saw the building, the only thing I could do was smile at this small but for me big gesture.

„You brought me to McDonald's." I stated, smiling.

„Thought you needed to eat properly tonight." He smiled back, opening the car door. „You are hungry, aren't you?"

„Is that even a question?" I got out and shut the door, already smelling the fast food.

„Good, let's go in then. You can order anything you'd like as long as you eat so much that you'll be full for the next two days."

„Got it." I nodded, smiling when we made our way in.

Harry ordered everything he possibly could, people staring at us as, probably thinking we were crazy or something.
We made it to our table with full trays of food and it was honestly the best dinner I had in a long time, especially because I spent the night with Harry.

I missed him the past few weeks and I hated it that I didn't see and talk to him properly. It was weird that I couldn't spend too much time apart from him. There was something between the two of us that I couldn't even explain.
The only thing I knew right now, was that I loved being around him having fun and enjoying time like we did right now.