Chapter 107

February 2016
**YOUR POV**
Today was the day and with that, I meant the day of One Direction's first show back after Harry's injury.

I was soundchecking earlier, but now it was the boy's turn. I just got off the phone with my new management, on my way to talk to Harry about something my manager just discussed with me.

I sat down on one of the big equipment boxes that was on the side of the stage, watching them finish singing Story of My Life.

„Hey, how's it going?" I asked Harry when they eventually got a break and he sat down next to me after spotting me sitting there.

„It's okay, singing is harder than I thought, it's kind of tightening my muscles back there, making it pull on my spinal cord, but I can do it." He assured me.

„Harry..." I tilted my head, concerned.

„No, it's alright. I also didn't properly sing in months, I need to get back into it."

„Fine...just take it easy, please."

„I will." He smiled at me a little.

„I actually need to tell you something. I just got off the phone with my manager and he wants me to have dinner with him and some other people of the label tonight to talk about that show they planned on doing, so that'd mean I'd only be able to open the show tonight and be here for a small part of your set. I hope that's okay?"

„Of course that's okay, love! It's your career we're talking about, don't worry about our show tonight, I'll be fine." He pressed a kiss to my forehead.

„Are you sure?"

„Absolutely! I would never have the right to have a say in this, babe."

„Thank you, Haz." I kissed his soft lips.

„No need to, lovie."

„You were great, by the way." I told him. „If I didn't know, I wouldn't think you haven't sang like that since November."

„Thank you. I actually thought I sounded kind of rusty."

„You didn't, don't worry, H." I assured him, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. „Are you nervous for tonight?"

„A little bit, not gonna lie." He admitted. „Just because I have no idea how it will be performing with a broken back, that's all."

„Listen, I know you're gonna give your best for this performance, but you know what we said. You really need to be careful up there later."

He nodded. „Yeah, I know and I will."

„He definitely will." Liam said as he and Louis came walking towards us.

I smiled at them when I stood back up. „And you two, no waterfights on stage tonight." I warned them, knowing how quickly they escalated into massive waterfights all over the stage.

„Yes ma'am!" Louis and Liam both said jokingly with serious faces.

„Alright, I'll be backstage with Louise to try and find a dress for that dinner." I told Harry before I pressed a kiss on his lips.

„Okay, see you in a bit." He puckered his lips so I could lean down and kiss them again before I left.

Later that day when it was almost time for my set that would be around 30 minutes long, I got into my fit and got my in ears so I was ready to get out there in just a few minutes.

„Hey love, ready?" Harry came right backstage where I was waiting for my cue, smiling at me.

„Hi, yeah, I can't wait to get out there." I smiled back, glancing through the curtains to see the crowd waiting.

„You'll kill it, baby." He kissed my lips, getting closer to my body. „I'll be watching from the side stage."

„Okay, thank you." I kissed him again. „You smell incredible by the way." I notived when he came closer and I inhaled his familiar tobacco vanille perfume.

He chuckled. „Thanks, babe."

Before he could say any more, I was called to get ready, because I only had a minute left.

Harry gave me a reassuring nod that I returned with a smile before it was time and I went out there on stage towards the screaming crowd.

It felt incredible. It truly felt incredible to be out there again, feeling the adrenaline through my veins again and just take it all in. That was just a tiny bit of what was to come when I'd have my own headline show soon, playing my new album to my very own fanbase.

„How are you London?" I screamed into the mic, smiling bright as I came to a halt in front of my mic stand.

Their response was mindblowing, screaming and cheering back.

„Alright then, let's go!" I gave my band a nod and quickly looked over to the side stage where Harry stood together with Zayn and Liam, smiling at me before we started playing my first song of the set.

*

And soon, my set was over and I left the stage again. The fans were immaculate and the energy was amazing. It felt great.

„Amazing set, Y/n!" Niall was the first one I came across as the five of them were getting ready for their show, getting their in ears set.

„Thanks, Niall!" I smiled as I passed him and approached Harry who was talking to one of the tech guys.

„Harry could you bend down so I can get the cord through your shirt?" He asked Harry, holding his monitor and the wire that went with it.

„Bending?" Harry asked again and the guy nodded.

„Mate, I can't bend, I'm sorry." Harry looked at him apologetically.

„Just a bit, that's all." The guy insisted.

Harry tried, but soon stopped, knwoing there was no use to it. „I can't, mate, my back...it won't let me."

„Oh right, sorry. We'll do it this way then." He found another way to fiddle the wire through Harry's shirt and down his back.

„Thank you." Harry said when he was done and then finally turned around to meet my eyes. „Hey, love, you were incredible! Amazing, really!" He hugged me tight, wrapping his arms around my still very warm body.

„Thank you, H. It felt so so amazing. I felt so...free." I smiled widely at him when he let go and I looked him in the eyes.

„I know what you mean, lovie. I know you love it and I'm happy your back." He kissed my forehead.

„Me too." I said before he pulled me in his arms again, my head resting against his chest. „I have to go take a shower now though and get dressed so I'll be ready for the dinner and can watch your set for a bit." I let go of him.

„Alright, go. In case I'll already be on stage when you're done and I won't see you until later at home, I'll so this already." He grabbed my face and kissed me passionately. „Have a good time at dinner and throw all of your genius ideas in." He said after he pulled away.

„I definitely will, thank you, Harry. You on the other hand mister, you're gonna take breaks and not strain yourself in any way. I know you can get caught up in the moment, but you know this is important so please don't do anything stupid."

„I won't, I promise. I don't wanna mess this up, I'll be careful." He told me seriously.

„Good. Have fun out there. I bet the fans will be thrilled to see you back on stage again." I kissed his lips one last time.

„I will, thanks, babe."

„Okay, I need to run now, you'll see me somewhere in the crowd in the VIP section." I told him, already heading off to my dressing room, seeing him blowing kisses at me before I disappeared around the corner.