Chapter 39

August 2015
**HARRYS POV**
It's been a month since Y/n and I went to Manchester together and it's also been a months since I've seen her properly. We talked on the phone quite a lot but we were both very busy because of tour and everything else that we did never really have the time to catch up and meet again.
The last few days, she sounded very stressed and tired on the phone so I was even more glad to finally see her again today, even though it's just having lunch together for about an hour or two.

We would meet in front of a restaurant that wasn't too crowded and spent our break together.
I was already there and went in to get us a table when shortly after Y/n appeared and I immediately noticed something was different.

„Hey." She smiled a little when I got up to hug her.

„Hey, it's been a while." I smiled back as we both sat down.

I frowned, studying her. She looked a lot thinner than usual, she looked extremely tired and her face didn't have the usual color. She looked pale and worn out.

„How are you? You look stressed." I asked her, not sure what to think about this.

„I'm okay, just a bit tired, but that's because of tour and the planning." She told me immediately as if she practiced her answer. „And you? Everything good?"

I decided not to ask further. She clearly didn't want to talk about it, so I let it go, even though I was incredibly concerned about this.

„Yeah, everything good. We just finished planning tour so...we're ready for that."

„Lucky you." She laughed a little, but something was just off.

We talked for another few minutes until the waiter came. To my surprise, Y/n didn't order anything, just a water.
What the hell was up?

I just had to ask.

„Are you not going to eat anything?" I asked carefully as soon as they brought our order a few minutes later.

She shook her head no. „No, I'm not hungry."

„Alright..." I let it go again before starting to eat.

She seemed alright when I talked to her, but I knew something was up. This wasn't her, not the Y/n I knew.

„Are you really not going to eat anything at all?" I tried again, asking her when I finished and the waiter cleared up a little while later.

„No, thanks, I'm good."

„Doesn't seem like it, though." I told her sincerely.

„What do you mean?" She asked nervously.

„You're not yourself, Y/n... When was the last time you ate something?"

„I uhm... I don't know... Yesterday maybe?" She said quietly.

„When exactly yesterday?"

„At lunch..." She sighed, looking away.

„I really don't like this, Y/n."

„What?"

„You not eating. Please don't do this, it's anything but good for you...especially for you." I told her, even more concerned. „Tell me, what's up? Why are you like this?"

„It's just been stressful at work, Harry, like I already told you. You know how it is in this business."

„Yes, I know and I also know that you weren't supposed to work so much." I told her, looking at her. „I hate to see you destroy yourself."

„I'm not destroying myself, Harry." She said quietly. „It's just..."

„You can tell me what it is, love. Please tell me so I can help." I told her. „I won't get mad, whatever it is."

„You know who it is..."

„Who?" I asked before it clicked. „Mason." I whispered and she nodded. „I'm gonna kill him." I got up only to being pulled down in my seat again by Y/n.

„Please stop. You said you wouldn't get mad, so don't and stop it...please." Her eyes pleading.

„But look what he does to you. I can't just do nothing about it."

„Harry, please. I can handle it. Please don't say anything to him, do it for me." Her eyes got glossy. „It's almost over, I can handle it myself."

I sighed deeply, not agreeing with her at all, but gave in. „Fine... but call me if you need anything and I'll be there in a second."

„Okay, thanks." She smiled a little.

A little while later, we both went back to work. I went back to the studio to finish a song Liam and I were writing, but Y/n was always on my mind.
This whole situation was not good, I didn't have a good feeling about all of this.

„Hey, I need to make a phone call quickly, I'll be back in a sec." I told Liam, getting up from my seat, looking for my phone in my pocket.

„Sure." He nodded, continuing trying to find the last few lines for the song.

I made my way to the back of the studio and dialed Y/n's number, hoping she would pick up.

„Harry?" She finally did, my heart almost exploding as I heard her voice.

„Yeah, hey, just wanted to check on you."

„Oh, I'm fine, everything's good." She assured me, her voice trembling and I didn't really believe her.

„I'm relieved then." I told her.

„I...uh, I need to go, sorry. I'll call you later."

„Yeah, sure. Bye Y/n." I waited until she hung up, but she didn't.

I didn't know if it was on purpose or not, but I'm glad she didn't or else I would have never heard what happened after the call.

„Y/n! Get your ass over here and finish rehearsing! You weren't good enough, we need to start all over again!" I heard Mason yell around. He was loud and angry and now I knew why Y/n was in this condition.

„Can I please have a break? Please, I can't do this anymore, I need a break." I heard her begging. „Just...please give me a few minutes, I have no strength left in my body..." I heard her sobbing silently and immediately hung up the phone before I grabbed my car keys and walked past Liam.

„Liam, I need to go, I'm sorry. It's an emergency." I told him, already opening the door.

„Shit mate, of course, go."

I ran down the stairs and through the parking area to my car, immediately speeding away as I got in and headed towards the studio I knew Y/n was at.
It seemed like this was the longest drive ever, so I was more than relieved when I saw the building. I parked in front of it and quickly made my way inside, up to the floor she told me earlier she was at.

Eventually, I found the studio and almost slammed the door open, fury taking over my body.
To my surprise, nobody was there, not a single person.

„Y/n?" I called. „Y/n, where are you?" I walked around the studio and what I saw broke my heart into a million pieces.

 „Y/n, where are you?" I walked around the studio and what I saw broke my heart into a million pieces

„Y/n?!" I knelt down beside her, placing a hand on her cheek. „Wake up, Y/n, come on." I shook her lightly and gently ran my hand over her cheek. „Come on, love...wake up, please."