Chapter 196

**HARRYS POV**
Y/n was almost ready to go on stage now. I just got backstage to wish her good luck and she was already waiting for me.

„Haz?" She asked.

Yeah, love?"

„Is my hair okay like this? Can you see some bald spots or something?"

„No, it's fine. You look beautiful, sweetie." I assured her.

„Okay, thank you." She breathed.

„Come here, baby." I pulled her into a tight hug.

„Did you know you're giving the best hugs ever?"

I smiled at that. „Listen, love. You're gonna be absolutely amazing tonight. Everyone is waiting just for you now and we're all here to support and watch you. I'm so proud of you and I love you so, so much."

„Thank you. I love you more, Haz."

„Remember, this isn't goodbye, it's simply see you later." I reminded her and she nodded. „And if you're starting to not feel so good, don't fight it, you can just stop. Okay?"

„Okay." She nodded.

„Alright then. Have fun out there. Enjoy it." I pressed my lips on hers.

„Thank you, Harry." She smiled and shortly after, I left again to go back out to my mum and Gemma so I could watch her from the crowd.

Not long later, Y/n appeared on stage, making the fans scream and cheer as she started the first song.

„Good evening everyone! My name is Y/n and welcome to this very special, little show!" She said after finishing the song. „It means a lot to me that you're all here tonight, that you came. Tonight is very important to me for some significant reasons...this concert tonight, will probably be my last one for a while if not...ever...I don't know if I'll ever be back...or gone forever." She explained and I knew she was about to tell them now. She was ready to let it out. I was already close to tears not even ten minutes into the show.

„It pains me to tell you that this could be my last show ever, because I love you all so much and I was looking forward to see you all on tour and spend some amazing nights together again, but things just so suddenly changed..." She sighed. „I know I probably look a bit different since you've last seen me and I'm gonna be very honest with you tonight, that's because I'm undergoing treatment at the moment...I uhm...a few weeks ago...I've been diagnosed with cancer again which I'm trying to fight against for the third time in my lifetime." She let it out with a trembling voice and the fans were truly shocked, some of them starting to cry immediately.

„I uhm...I hate to disappoint you guys, because I've only just gotten back at it, but uhm...I guess fate doesn't like me very much." She chuckled a little. „So I wanted to do this show for you and for me before I can't anymore...this one last show to show you how much I love you and am gonna miss you. I'm going through a rough time right now, but tonight should be something beautiful and special...something positive. So let's make some more beautiful memories one last time, okay?"

The fans cheered, but they were as sad as I was at this very moment.

„It's been a while since I've played a smaller venue like this one, but that just makes it even more special, right?"

They cheered again.

„Let's go then!" Y/n smiled,  but her eyes were glossy I could tell.

I stood there on the side of the stage, leaning against the wall, watching her perform in awe and couldn't for the life of me get where she got that energy from to perform tonight.
I couldn't tear my eyes away from her as she created those beautiful moments together with her fans, singing so beautifully just like she always did.

I was so incredibly proud of her, but at the same time so sad, that this was her last show for god knows how long.

„Alright, this one is a new one, I recently wrote. I hope you like it, it's called Clouds." She introduced a song I only ever heard her sing from our bedroom. She never really played it to me and I knew why. It would have broken my heart if she did, because of what she had written.

„I fell down, down, down into this dark and lonely hole. There was no one there to care about me anymore and I needed a way to climb and grab a hold of the edge. You were sitting there, holding a rope and we'll go up, up, up, but I'll fly a little higher. Go up in the clouds because the view's a little nicer. Up here my dear, it won't be long now, it won't be long now. When we get back on land, well I'll never get my chance. Be ready to live and it'll be ripped right out of my hands and maybe someday we'll take a little ride
We'll go up, up, up and everything will be just fine. We'll go up, up, up, but I'll fly a little higher
Go up in the clouds because the view's a little nicer. Up here my dear, t won't be long now, it won't be long now."

It was indeed breaking my heart, hearing her sing this, knowing, that those were her thoughts and that she knew damn well nobody knew what was gonna happen after all. I held my tears in throughout it though, because I didn't wanna show her my emotions about this and probably distract her with that.

„If only I had a little bit more time. If only I had a little bit more time with you, we could go up, up, up and take that little ride. We'll sit there holding hands and everything would be just right and maybe someday I'll see you again, we'll float up in the clouds and we'll never see the end. We'll go up, up, up, but I'll fly a little higher. Go up in the clouds because the view's a little nicer. Up here my dear, it won't be long now, it won't be long now."

She quickly glanced over at me, but couldn't look longer than some seconds, because she was tearing up herself. I looked at the crowd instead, the front rows fully crying their eyes out and I could see their pain. Y/n wasn't just an artist for them, she was their favorite person, the person they looked up to. They loved her not only for her music, but for her character, for herself and knowing it would be possible not to see her ever again, was tearing them apart.

She still had some songs to go, but I could tell she was getting tired and weaker. I wasn't sure if she was okay, so during the encore, I quickly made my way backstage to see her and check up on her.