Chapter 133

June 2016
**YOUR POV**
At some point during the night, I got woken up
by the bed shifting, only to realize it was Harry moving in bed. I didn't think much of it and closed my eyes again until I noticed his heavy breathing.

„H?" I rubbed my eyes and sat up to turn on the bedside lamp. His back was facing me, his left hand placed on it. I placed mine on his, his mouth leaving a pained moan, that made me frown in concern. „Harry? What's happening?"

He shifted again, laying on his back now as I noticed his eyes filled with tears and his face scrunched in agony. „It hurts...it hurts so bad, I don't know why." He breathed heavily.

„Wh- what?" I didn't really get what he meant at first.

„My back." He let out. „It hurts so bad, Y/n...I- I don't know why. I- I can't even move properly anymore." He sniffled, a tear slipping down his face.

I stood up and went over to sit down on his side of the bed. „When did that start? I thought you were okay when we got home." I asked surprised.

„I was..." He took a sharp breath. „It suddenly started again out of nowhere...ten times stronger."

„Oh honey, I'm so sorry. Can you sit up? Maybe stand up and walk a bit?"

„Can't sit up on my own." He sniffled.

„I'll help. Come on, let's just try slowly." I grabbed his hands to slowly help him sit up, his eyes shut in pain as he almost screamed out in pain, making me worry even more, because we had no idea where this sudden pain came from. He just had that check up, everything was fine, so this was incredibly weird.

As I had Harry sit up on the side of the bed with his feet planted on the ground, he fully burst out im tears, making my heart ache at the sight. „It hurts so bad, Y/n, so so bad. Why? I went past the pain, it went away, now I'm back at where I began. I can't do this anymore." He cried.

I knelt down in front of him. „Hey, shhh, baby listen to me. You're not back at where you began, okay? You can't be. It's been six months, doctor Brown just told you a few days ago that everything looks perfect. This is not the same, okay? This is not a step back in your recovery, H." I tried to explain to him and calm him down a bit. „I think the last few days wore you out a bit. Just think about it, you had that long meeting, sat all day, then had this straining physical therapy session and then you went to the studio for hours until midnight. We had a four hour drive out here and you stood around during the whole show last night, plus we stayed at the after party for so many hours. Your spine isn't used to that anymore so it most probably flared up pretty badly."

Harry nodded slowly. „Probably." He let out silently, just as the door of our room opened and Anne and Gemma peaked in, concerned looks on their faces.

„Hey, what's wrong? Anne asked as both of them came in, seeing Harry sitting there in tears, his head down.

„His back is flaring up pretty badly. He's in a lot of pain." I told them as Harry still breathed heavily, supporting himself with both his arms on the bed on each of his sides.

„Sorry for waking you up." He said silently.

„Don't say that, H." Gemma told him. „It's not your fault."

„How can we...what can we do?" Anne asked unsure.

„I don't know." Harry replied silently.

„I thought he could try to stand up and walk a bit, maybe it'll help." I told her.

„Just...let's just try." Harry said.

I stretched out both my arms so he could hold onto them for support and slowly helped him up, bringing back memories from that time right after his surgery I didn't really wanna think about anymore.

„Aahh ow, ow, ow." He let out, trying to hold it in.

„I'm sorry." I said quietly.

„No, it's not you, baby." He said with the softest voice in a moment like this.

I let go of him so he could walk around a bit to see if it would help him.

„Yeah no, I can't...need to lie down." He shook his head, his brows furrowed, so Gemma and I guided him back down into bed.

„You know what, I'll get you some heating pads, they'll losen up your muscles, that'll surely help." Anne suggested and walked out of the room.

„Why don't you take a painkiller, H? They mostly helped, right?" Gemma asked.

„I just took one last night and I hate taking them anyways." He responded after he eventually found a position to lie in that he felt most comfortable.

„Can I do anything to help?" Gemma asked again, worried about her little brother.

„Not really, no." Harry breathed. „But thank you."

„Just let me know if you need anything." She said and left the room after Harry nodded.

„I'm in my early twenties and I've already got back issues...I hate it." He admitted, tears rolling down his cheeks again.

I sat down on the edge of the bed, wiping his tears away. „They'll go away with time, you heard the doctor. It sucks, I know, but you're still in recovery. It'll fade completely just as doctor Brown said."

„I just want the pain to go away or at least ease. I can't move a centimeter without being in pain." He sighed, his eyes getting glossy again.

„I'm sure it'll ease down soon. With Anne's heating pads and some rest in bed, you'll feel better sooner than you know." I rubbed his arm soothingly and kissed his cheek afterwards. „Are you comfortable like that?"

„Mhm. Thanks." He said just as Anne came in and placed the heating pads on his back, breathing out a relieved sigh. „Thanks mum."

„No problem, my darling. Call me if you need anything else, honey."

„Okay." Harry nodded and she left the room.

I got off the bed and knelt back down in front of Harry to be close to him and soothingly played around with his soft curls. „I assume you haven't slept that well then, huh?"

„Not really, no." He looked at me, a single tear falling down which I caught with my thumb and wiped away.

„I know it's emotionally a lot for you, baby. I'm here, okay? Remember this is not the same as it was a few months ago." I brushed my fingers through his hair.

He nodded, his eyes fixed on mine.

„Does the heat help?"

„Yeah, it does." Harry nodded again.

„Why don't you try to get some sleep now? I'm sure you'll feel much better in a few hours." I kissed his cheek again.

I sat there with him for a few minutes until I noticed he really did fall asleep, making me feel relieved. He could finally rest s little.
I haven't seen him in pain this strong in a long time and I forgot how much it hurt me seeing him in this state. I hated it, I hated it so much, so I just hoped he would feel better when he woke up again.

As I sat there, I realized how tired I still was myself as we only got home at 4 am and only a few moments later, I fell asleep, sitting against the bed.