Chapter 44

September 2015
**HARRYS POV**
I simply nodded, holding back tears that were threatening to spill. How was it possible for her to hurt me even more with just some words?

„You know exactly I can't just move on like that, Y/n." I told her, taking a deep breath to hold back the tears.

„I'm sorry, Harry...I am." She didn't look at me, she looked away, trying to avoid my gaze.

„I don't get it, you know?" I then said as I watched her.

„What do you mean?"

„It's like I don't even know you anymore. This is not you, I know it's not. You are not like this." I told her. „Something is wrong here if you'd just tell me, Y/n."

She shook her head, denying everything. „Nothing is wrong, Harry. Please don't make this harder than it is already. It's reality..."

„You can't even look me in the eyes by telling this. I don't fucking believe you!"

„Well, you should...because it is reality. Noah and I are together and we're happy." She said, looking a bit pissed off. „I know it's hard for you, but that's how it is."

„Oh you have no idea." I sighed, shaking my head no. „See you on stage later." Was the only thing I was able to say before I just left.

I couldn't stand there for another five seconds or I was going to explode out of madness and sadness.
On my way back to the green room, I thought about all this again. About her, her feelings and what was happening with this Noah.

I couldn't somehow believe that she was ready for another relationship so soon and also with a guy she didn't even know around a month ago. How could she fall in love so quickly? And why was she suddenly like this? So cold and insecure. I knew her my whole life and I knew that this wasn't her, not the Y/n I knew.

Did Noah change her? Or manipulate her?

I took a deep breath in, closing my eyes for a few seconds as I stood still before I continued walking again.
Maybe she was right and was just trying to move on for the better. They did look quite friendly when I saw them together...they really were in love.
This meant I needed to move on too or at least try to.
She would never love me back...I knew that now.
If I really loved her, I needed to accept it. As much as it hurt, I needed to accept that Noah was her boyfriend.

Just when I was about to walk into the green room, I looked up and he stood in front of me. I sighed before approaching him to do what was probably the hardest thing ever.

„Noah?" I called him over.

„Hm?" He looked up, walking towards me.

I looked around to see if there was someone else around who could possibly hear us when my eyes spotted Louis sitting around somewhere.
He realized and gestured that he was about to go, but I shook my head, making him know I wanted him to stay.
I needed some sort of moral support for this.

He looked at me with that disgusting grin of his again.

„Look Noah." I started. „I know now that you and Y/n are together and I know I need to accept it and let go of her, but I wanna tell you this..." I stepped closer to him, making his grin fade almost immediately. „Y/n is the most important person in my life and if I happen to find out that you hurt her in any kind of way, I'm gonna kill you. I will kill you, do you understand?"

He nodded slowly.

„You treat her like a woman should be treated. Do you understand that too?" I asked him.

He nodded again. „Yeah, yeah, I will."

„Good." I turned around to go away, but looked at him again before leaving. „Just...make her happy."

I left, walking towards Louis who waited for me and listened to the whole conversation.

„What did you do, mate?" He asked kind of shocked.

„The right thing, Lou." I told him, heading to the green room with him.

„You can't let her go, Harry. There's too much story behind you two, this can't be over."

„Looks like it can... I need to accept it or I will never feel okay again."

„No you don't. You two are endgame, don't give up, Haz!" He told me not letting go of this. „Look at her, she doesn't love this prick."

„Louis, she is in a relationship with this guy, I lost her...that's it."

He shook his head. „I'm sorry, lad. I wish I was right"

„Me too." I said under my breath. „Let's focus on our show now. I don't wanna think about this anymore."

„Yeah let's concentrate on our first fucking show of tour!" He let out smiling as he slapped me on the back.

He radiated such a good energy that i couldn't stay depressed too long and just tried to push this drama aside to focus on our tour that started tonight.

Before the show started, we hyped each other up backstage and messed around with each other like we always did before showtime.

„Ready guys?" Liam asked as we did our usual ritual a minute before we got on stage, holding our mics in our hands, ready to go out there.

„30 seconds boys!" Paul called.

I felt the adrenaline pumping through my veins as I heard the arena filled with fans scream their lungs out and yelling our names.
In just a few seconds, Clouds would start to play and we would run out there.

And there it was, the opening to Clouds started, the walls lifted and we all ran out on that stage into the flashlights, feeling the adrenaline even more as the screams got louder and we saw the massive crowd.

We waved at them and blew kisses, walking around the stage, reading their signs they made just for us and I smiled as I finally felt this rush again. I missed this so much and here we were again, opening our world tour.

„Hello Las Vegas!" I screamed into the mic and the crowd went wild just before I started singing the song.