Chapter 9

June 2015
**YOUR POV**
„What?" I whispered.

I opened my eyes. Was this a mistake? Did they say my name and the name of my album? I pinched myself in my left arm. Was this happening?

„Come on Y/n, you need to go back on stage." Briana came walking towards me with a big smile on her face, her hand stretched out for me to take.

„I won?" I asked, not believing it.

„You heard right, you won. You did it." She grabbed my hand, taking me with her backstage from where I just came. „Go out there." She smiled, almost pushing me out on stage.

I slowly made my way on stage, people still clapping as I approached the man who was holding the Brit award, MY Brit award.

Everything kind of happened so fast from that point on and soon I found myself standing in front of the mic stand all by myself on stage.
I needed to focus and most importantly, I needed to say something.

I didn't prepare anything, thinking I would not win a Brit tonight.
I would have never thought to even get nominated, but to win one?

„I uhm...I have no words to describe how I feel right now. This is truly amazing and I am so grateful for this. I think...no, I know this happened because of my fans. The support I got from them, from you, is massive. I didn't think this was even possible, so a big, big thank you goes to my fans. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them." I breathed out, smiling a little after I looked down at the Brit in my hand. „The last two years were hard for me, very hard, so this..." Tears fell down my cheeks again. „...this means so much to me, more than you think or could ever imagine. This is for my fans...for you. Thank you so much!" I held the award up in the air and finished my speech, applause following afterwards before I got down the stairs of the stage, Taylor instantly falling in my arms before I even made it back to the table.

„I'm so proud of you. Congrats!" She hugged me tight, swaying from the left to the right together. „And your performance was phenomenal, so, so beautiful and emotional.

„Thank you so much...thank you for everything." I sniffled, wiping the tears away with the back of my hand. „I just need a moment, I'm going outside for a minute." I told her when she let go of me and quickly made my way out of the venue.

As soon as I stepped out, I felt someone grabbing my arm and pulling me away to a quieter area.

„Oow!" I let out, looking up and saw it was Mason who dragged me along the hallways of the building. „Mason, stop! Let go of my arm, you're hurting me!" I told him in a rather strong voice.
I stumbled, almost tripping as he pulled me with him, my arm hurting from his tight grip. Finally, he stopped somewhere were no people were around who could hear or watch us.

„Are you out of your mind?!" He yelled at me, making me wince at the sudden outburst.

„Am I out of my mind?" I asked, annoyed. „The real question here is, if you're out of your mind, dragging me along and hurting me."

„How dare you to not listen to me? Who do you think you are to change the song a minute before your performance without me knowing?!" He yelled in my face, getting closer to me. So close, I could feel his breath.

„People loved it, what is your problem? Everyone liked my performance, I saw it." I said quietly. „It's my album, my song. I can do with it whatever I want. I wrote it not you."

„I don't give a shit!" He took another step closer to me. „What is wrong with you, Y/n?! Who do you think you are?" He yelled again the same things.

„Mason, please stop yelling, you're scaring me." I really was scared. I never saw him like this before and it made me feel sick. I closed my eyes, scared of what would happen next.