Chapter 8

June 2015
**YOUR POV**
The piano started playing. There was no turning back now. I was here, standing in front of lots and lots of people about to start doing what I loved to do. I looked at the crowd, Taylor smiling at me and the five boys watching carefully, taking in every second.
And I started singing.

„Like a small boat on the ocean, sending big waves into motion. Like how a single word can make a heart open. I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion..." I started, kind of insecure and my voice was not that strong as I wanted it to be like during the rehearsals. I didn't enjoy it as I used to, scared of the reactions to the song.

„And all those things I didn't say, wrecking balls inside my brain. I will scream them loud tonight, can you hear my voice?" I got more confident with every word I sang, my voice getting louder and stronger. Suddenly all the nervouseness was gone. I felt it, the feeling I didn't feel for so long. Being at home, being free. I loved it, every second of it.

„This time this is my fight song, take back my life song, prove I'm alright song

„This time this is my fight song, take back my life song, prove I'm alright song." My voice was as strong as ever and I felt stronger than ever. I felt so safe, but still overwhelmed.

I glanced at Harry, who sat right in front of the stage, his eyes wide and fixed on me. He knew what I was doing. He knew. I saw in his glossy eyes how he immediately recognized the song when I started singing it.

„My power's turned on, starting right now I'll be strong, I'll play my fight song and I don't really care if nobody else believes, 'cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me.
Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep, everybody's worried about me, in too deep they say I'm in too deep." I continued, looking away, but couldn't resist as my gaze fell back on him, knowing what lyrics I would sing next and maybe hurt him with them. Of course, I didn't want to, but I wanted to tell the story through the song.

„And it's been two years I miss my home, but there's a fire burning in my bones I still believe, yeah I still believe." Our eyes locked, not taking them off of each other. He started tearing up and I automatically did too. I felt a tear slip down my cheek and another one on the other side. I didn't stop them, I didn't really care what everyone else thought. This was my moment. It was kind of our moment.
A moment that we didn't have for so, so long. Even though it was a painful moment, we had one...

„And all those things I didn't say, wrecking balls inside my brain, I will scream them loud tonight.
Can you hear my voice?" I looked away, knowing if I continued looking at him, I would start sobbing and I couldn't do that.

„This time this is my fight song, take back my life song, prove I'm alright song.
My power's turned on, starting right now I'll be strong, I'll play my fight song and I don't really care if nobody else believes, 'cause I've still got lot of fight left in me...
A lot of fight left In me...
Like a small boat on the ocean, sending big waves into motion, like how a single word can make a heart open, I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion." The song got slower and my voice quieter.

My voice got quieter only to get even stronger for the last part. „This is my fight song, take back my life song, prove I'm alright song...
My power's turned on, starting right now I'll be strong, I'll play my fight song and I don't really care if nobody else believes 'cause I've still got
a lot of fight left in me."

Again, my voice got quieter, almost whispering, trying to hold back the tears from all the emotions I was going through

„Now I've still got a lot of fight left in me..."

I looked down on the floor as soon as I sang the last words, my eyes closed, desperately trying to hold back my tears that were threatening to fall like a waterfall any minute.
I was happy to finally have done it but at the same time extremely overwhelmed with emotions like never before.

I didn't realize, that the room erupted in applause until I looked up. What I saw gave me goosebumps and a shiver ran down my spine as I looked at the standing ovation I got from every single person in the room.
I felt so proud of myself, the first time I really did for doing this and getting through with it.
I looked at Harry again. His eyes were still fixed on me while he was clapping and giving a little smile. I could see a part of him was happy or even proud, but the other part of him was sad and hurt...his eyes told the truth.

All I could do though, was smile and thank everyone. „Thank you...thank you so much! This was Fight Song." I said into the mic before I would have completely lost it.

I turned around to look at the band that was smiling behind my back. „Thank you guys." I smiled at them and they nodded as a response.
I waved at everyone again and thanked them before turning and leaving the stage, taking my ear ins out of my ears as soon as I got backstage.

By now tears were falling down my cheeks uncontrollably. I hated, that I hurt Harry again, but maybe he just understood a tiny bit of what happened without saying anything to me.

I needed to quickly get back to my table since the category in which I was nominated, was already announced.

I gave back my mic to the technicians and they helped me to get the wires off me.

Making my way back to the venue, I got stopped.

„Y/n!" It was Mason and he sounded furious as I expected. „Come over here right now!" He commanded.

„I need to get back, my nomination was announced." I tried to explain to him normally.

„I don't give a shi-." He already started raising his voice, almost yelling.

„Mason, I can't deal with this right now, I can't deal with you." I told him more aggressive now. „Just leave me alone for once." After that, I left.

I was still backstage somewhere, heading for the exit when I heard them announcing the winner. I stopped in my tracks and just listened to the voice that came out of the speakers.

„And the Brit award for Best British Album of the year goes to..."

I closed my eyes, my hands clasped together in front of my mouth.

„The album ,Moonlight' Y/n Y/l/n!" I heard, not believing it the slightest bit.