Chapter 93

December 2015
**YOUR POV**
As we all sat there on the couch, catching up a bit, I noticed soon that Harry was quite uncomfortable. Shifting where he sat, brows furrowed and wincing at his movements, probably his back starting to bother him.

"Are you okay, lovie." I whispered in his ear, because I knew he wouldn't want the boys fussing over him.

He nodded quickly, forcing a small smile, but I didn't believe him. "Tell me, Haz." I tilted my head, looking at him. „Is it hurting?"

He nodded. "It's starting to hurt a bit." He told me honestly.

"Wanna lay down flat for a while?" I suggested. "Probably helps."

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Are you alright?" Zayn noticed our little conversation.

"I'm fine. Just need to lay down flat for a bit. It's starting to hurt a little and it helps." Harry explained while I helped, loosening the straps of his back brace to take it off.

They boys all instantly looked worried, watching as Harry sat there while I tied his hair up in a bun before I helped him lay down on the couch. "Don't look at me like that, guys." He chuckled.

"We're just worried, H. Is the pain bad?" Liam asked.

"Well, let's say it's been a lot worse last week. It's not bad bad, but it's there. For now I can handle it though." He assured them. „Doctor Russell said I made it through the worst weeks, so it should slowly start to hurt less."

„That sounds good, one more step further in your recovery, that's great." Niall said.

Harry nodded with a small smile.

"Are you allowed to take off your brace?" Louis wondered.

"For laying down yes. Just need to wear it whenever I stand, sit or walk for a bit longer."

„For how much longer do you need to wear it?" Liam asked.

„Another few weeks and then I'll see what the doctor says."

They nodded, trying to understand Harry's current state of recovery a bit better by asking some questions.
They weren't around for the last month and didn't really see what was happening and how he felt besides through video calls, but that was different.

"How are you feeling otherwise?" Louis asked him.

"Better, yeah. Obviously still not one hundred percent, but a lot better than I was a month ago." Harry explained. "Physical therapy helps a lot and the brace as well since it gives me support. The only problem is the swelling hasn't really gone down as it should've."

They listened carefully. "Are you gonna make a full recovery?" Zayn asked.

"Supposedly." Harry said, his eyes moving to Zayn.

"What do you mean?" Niall asked.

"Well..." Harry sighed. "The possibility of having chronic back pain is higher than not and since I already had some problems with my back before the accident, the possibility is even higher, so I don't know if I'd consider it a full recovery. I've got metal implants in my back."

The boys didn't really know what to say and just nodded along until Louis lightened the mood. "Well security check at the airport is gonna be a nightmare from now on." He said and we all laughed, but most importantly, Harry laughed. A genuine adorable laugh left his mouth, one that I haven't seen and heard a lot this past month. I looked at Louis with a thankful expression and he smiled back at me with a little nod. It was something so small, but in the end so important, because those genuine happy expressions of Harry meant so much to me.