Chaoter 183

**HARRYS POV**
Y/n and I went back inside where doctor Russel further explained.

„We have to get you started on chemo almost immediately. I know from the past that you had a hard time getting chemo through the IV, so I want you to get a port that will be placed up here in your chest." He pointed to a spot right underneath his collarbone. „It's a little surgery to put it in, but afterwards it's a lot easier for you to go through it."

„O-okay...uhm...when will I have to get that port?" Y/n asked, her voice quiet and shaky.

„We'll have to do it today. It needs to heal for about five days and then we can start the treatment." The doctor said. „The procedure is done under anesthesia. It will take an hour. We'll do a little incision here and then place the port." He explained.

Y/n nodded. „Okay. I understand I guess."

„Now, I'll have you admitted and we'll do the procedure in an hour or two, is that okay?" He then asked.

Y/n just nodded. From that moment on, everything happened so fast and before I could even think straight, Y/n was lying in a hospital bed in her room, wearing a gown, almost ready to get the surgery.

I opened the curtains of the window, letting some light shine in and hoping to make it a tiny bit friendlier in here for Y/n.

„H?"

„Yes, love?" I sat down on the edge of her bed where she sat, fidgeting around with her fingers before she just fell into my arms.

„I'm scared. Everything is happening so fast." She said quietly.

„Baby I know, I'm sorry." I rubbed her back. „I know this is all a lot and really overwhelming right now, but they're gonna help you now and you'll be just fine."

„Everything's gonna change from now on. I have to cancel all my appointments, I have to cancel the whole tour and all around it." She let go of me as some tears ran down her cheeks. „I'm gonna disappoint so many people."

„Don't worry about that now, love. Your health is the most important thing right now. I'll take care of everything else." I told her, wiping her tears away. „Your fans will understand. They did back then and they will now as well."

„I hope so." She sighed.

„I'm sure of it, love." I smiled a little at her.

A knock on the door interrupted our small conversation as two nurses entered. „Miss Y/l/n, we're ready for the procedure."

„Okay." She nodded before I kissed her again so lovingly and passionately.

„I love you so much. It's all gonna be okay." I kissed her one more time.

She nodded. „I love you, H."

„See you in a bit, yeah?"

„Yeah." She nodded.

As the nurses wheeled her bed out and she was gone, I turned around, facing the window. I ran my hand through my hair, holding up Y/n's engagement ring she had to take off for this and looking at it as my emotions just took over and my eyes filled with tears, the conversation we had with the doctor repeating itself in my head over and over again.

Tears just streamed down my cheeks, hoping so desperately that doctor Russell's plan would work out the way he explained it to us. We just got engaged. I couldn't lose her. There wouldn't be a me without her.

That one hour felt like an eternity, but finally, the door opened again and the nurses wheeled her bed back in with Y/n peacefully sleeping in it.

„How did it go?" I instantly asked them.

„It went very well, just as planned. She should keep the area dry for five days until it's healed and then it should be just fine." They explained to me.

„Okay and how long does she have to stay here?" I asked.

„When she wakes up, the doctor will check on her again and if everything looks good, you can take her home to rest there a little more."

„Alright, thank you so much."

They smiled at me before they left the room and I sat down in a chair close to Y/n's bedside. I lightly kissed her forehead and slid my hand in hers.
I've waited there like this for a while, stroking her cheek soothingly and just looking at her, adoring her and admiring every little feature of hers until she slowly opened her beautiful eyes.

„Hey love." I kissed her cheek.

She smiled a little, rubbing her eyes. „Hi."

„How are you feeling?" I ran my hand through her hair.

„Tired." She sighed.

„You can sleep all you want when we get home in a bit. The doctor has to check on you first, but everything went well." I assured her, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

„Is it in?" She looked down at her chest, reaching up.

„Don't touch it, love. It's still sore." I caught her hand from touching the bandage on her chest. „Yes, it's in."

She just sighed and then looked at me. „So..." She sighed again. „Here we go again."

„Here we go again." I nodded slowly. „You're strong...the strongest person I know. I need you to think positive now, cause you have a chance and you can do this. I know you're tired of this, but you have to fight. You're a fighter, you can do this and you're never alone. Okay, baby? It's gonna be tough but you can do it."

„Okay." She nodded with some tears in her eyes. „I trust you."

„Remember that one famous song? I'm not sure, but I think it's called Fight Song or something." I pretended not to know it what finally made her smile a little.

„I think I know that song, yeah." She smiled.

„It helped so many other people, now it's gonna help you. You wrote the lyrics back then. Listen to yourself, love."

„Okay...you're right." She nodded again. „Thank you."

„No need to." I pressed my lips on hers. „Are you in pain, lovie?"

„A little, but it's fine. I'm just tired."

„Alright. The doctor will check on you in a bit and then we can go home. My mum should be here as well later this evening." I told her.

„Okay. I wanna cuddle you at home and watch a movie or something. Can we do that?"

„Of course. Whatever you want." I kissed her cheek.

„And can we...can we go to the beach tomorrow night? The place we always go to? Where we got back together?"

„If you feel up for it tomorrow, of course we can go." I smiled.

„Thanks." She smiled back.

„By the way, this belongs to you." I held up her engagement ring and took her hand to put it back on her finger.

She smiled a little. „Thanks."

Only a few minutes later, doctor Russell came in and cleared Y/n to go home, so I took her home with me and got her settled in bed upstairs, so she could rest a bit more and sleep a little longer.