Chapter 160

**YOUR POV**
Harry and I kept on talking for a little while longer, talking about all kinds of stuff, our lives, our future, just everything and it was so beautiful. I could talk to him about absolutely anything in our relationship and that's what I cherished so much. We talked until we were tired enough to go to sleep.

The next day, I got up pretty early as I needed to get ready for rehearsals for the Ellen show tonight and realized Harry was already up as well, probably because he went on his daily run.
I went to the bathroom to get a shower and then ready for the day, dressing in some casual and comfortable outfit as I would get changed there for tonight anyways.
As I went down the stairs to make some breakfast, I noticed Harry sleeping on the couch.
Frowning, I went over there and sat down right next to him, gently running my hand over his arm. „Baby?" I whispered and seconds later he opened his eyes, rubbing them.

„Hm?" He breathed, looking tired.

„Where you out running earlier?" I kissed the top of his head.

„No." He shook his head, his eyes still adjusting to the bright light. „Was sleeping here a bit."

„Why down here, lovie?" I ran my hand through his soft curls.

„I was up almost all night. I thought I could sleep it off, but my back somehow got even worse." He told me, sitting up with a slight grimace. „I came down here to walk it off for a while until I fell asleep on the couch.

„Oh no, Haz, baby, I'm sorry. Is it still just that pressure and stiffness?" I wondered.

„No, it turned into real pain last night, but I feel like it's not the fusion or the metal that's causing it." He told me.

„Why do you think?"

„It's not the ‚usual' pain I know, it's like starting here." He showed me by placing his hand on his lower back. „And then it kind of goes down here and stretches literally down to my legs."

„Babe, you gotta have to make that appointment now. I think you should just directly head over to doctor Russell instead of your chiropractor today. He'll help you, I'm sure, cause to me it sounds like a bad pinched nerv or something. Obviously I'm no specialist, but you need to let it get checked out before it gets worse."

„I know, I thought the same and just called earlier to make an appointment. I can go this afternoon while you're rehearsing." He said.

„That's good. I'm sorry you're in pain again, babe." I kissed his lips this time.

„It's fine, love. It's just weird, cause I don't think it's because of the surgery." He stood up, stretching bis back a little.

„Yeah, but in some way it's a positive sign, because if it's really not the fusion, you know it's not causing any problems anymore."

„Yeah, at least that's something positive." he chuckled lightly. „When are you heading out by the way?"

„I have to go at around 10 o'clock."

„So you have time for breakfast?" He smiled.

„Yep." I nodded, smiling back. „But you said you haven't really slept last night, don't you wanna try to get some more rest?"

„No, I won't be able to sleep anyways." He said, shrugging.

„I'm sorry, baby." I sighed. „I'm gonna make breakfast now." I kissed him again.

While I went to make a quick breakfast for both of us, Harry went to get a shower and got ready. Afterwards, we quickly ate together until I eventually had to leave for the rehearsals as my driver came to pick me up.

„I'll see you later at the show, okay?" Harry said as I grabbed my coat to leave.

„Yep, but go to that appointment first and call me immediately afterwards. I wanna know what doctor Russell said." I told him.

„Alright, I will. Love you, baby. See you later." He pressed a kiss on my lips.

„Love you too. See you in a bit." I kissed him back again before I left and headed to the studio.

At the studio, I started with the rehearsals of some songs, Fight Song being the first one of the two I was gonna perform tonight. Everything went perfectly well, which I was really glad about. After rehearsals, Ellen came to my dressing room to chat for a while as the last time I was on the show was before I got sick again and didn't see her since then.

I kept checking the time, knowing Harry's appointment was over by now, but he still hadn't called yet. I paced around the room waiting and waiting and decided to grab my phone to just call him myself, just when the door to my dressing room opened and Harry came in.

„Haz? Babe, I told you to call me afterwards." I said before he leaned down to kiss me.

„I came straight here afterwards to see you anyways, love." He smiled.

„So what did he say?" I asked him.

„Well, he did a full check up. The fusion is fine and he confirmed I officially finished recovery. The surgery was a success." He explained, smiling at me.

„Oh my god that's so great, Harry!"

„But..." He continued.

„But?"

„When I told him about the pain I've been having lately, he did an ultrasound and said I had something called Sciatica."

„And what is that? Is it bad?" I frowned, worriedly.

„Basically my spinal nerv, a nerv in my lower back that goes down to my legs is pretty inflamed, that's why it hurts a lot." He explained.

„Inflamed? Oh my...is it because of the surgery? How did it get inflamed?"

„Well, yes and no. It's not necessarily because of the fusion, but probably because of the extent of the initial injury. Inflammations like this usually happen because of an irritation or damage to a nerv and since I damaged some of my nerves in the accident it is possible, that that may have caused or at least triggered it. He said after surgeries like this one, everything gets more sensitive and it can happen that sometimes it causes problems like nerv inflammation or something in particular." Harry explained. „Also as I said, the cold weather. Oh and I really do have a pinched nerv, he said that's probably the main reason it got inflamed."

„Oh god and how do you have to treat it now?"

„He gave me some ibuprofen and said with that, some heating pads and some rest it will heal on its own in a few weeks."

„Babe then what are you doing here? Get home and rest."

„No, I'm fine. I don't wanna lie in bed at home all day because of an inflammation." He shook his head.

„Alright then. But doctor Russell said you're okay otherwise?"

„I'm totally fine, yeah." He nodded.

„Good, I'm glad then." I went to kiss him again. „At least sit down for a while, H."

He rolled his eyes playfully, but placed himself on the small couch in the room.

„How did rehearsals go?"

„Really good, actually. Can't wait for the performance." I told him, sitting down next to him.

He placed an arm around my shoulders. „Me too. You're gonna be amazing as always."

„Thanks Haz." I giggled. „I'm glad you're okay. One thing less to worry about."

„I'm glad too, but you really don't have to worry about me." He assured me and kissed my cheek afterwards.