Chapter 2: "Today is the day!"

⚠️TW⚠️: Mention of anxiety

--------------------------------------------

Lizzie's pov:

Today was the day! I had watched Mary-Kate ride for a long time, and I had decided that I wanted to try it out, so I had booked a lesson at a barn here in London. It had great reviews and it was an eventing barn with a lot of professional riders.

I got up at 8 and got ready for my lesson which was supposed to be at 12. Mary-Kate was coming with me, I think it's because she wants to see me miserably fail at something. Anyway, I was ready to go at 11, so we jumped in my car and got driving to the barn.

Mary-Kate had taken me shopping a few days prior so I was dressed in full riding attire, we had even bought boots and a helmet for me. It took us about 30 minutes to get to the barn with all of the traffic, but we eventually arrived.

It was a beautiful barn, I have to say. From the parking lot, we could see lots of big fields full of horses, along with an outdoor arena which someone was riding in. A man in his late 30-s approached us and introduced himself as Mr. Miller.

"Miss Olsen! I'm Mr. Miller, welcome! It's a pleasure to have you here today!" He smiled while shaking our hands. "The pleasure is all mine, thank you so much for doing this, and please, call me Elizabeth", I answered.

"So the person who was supposed to help you today unfortunately couldn't make it, so I'm going to ask one of our stablehands if she has time. She is currently riding over there, is it okay if we watch her until she is done?" He asked while pointing to the arena with the girl riding.

"No, of course not! I would love to go watch", I smiled. We followed him over to the arena and we stood by the fence to watch. A girl was riding through a course on a beautiful black horse. The fences were huge though, at least 120 cm (3 feet 11 inches).

I obviously didn't know a lot about horses, so I looked over at Mary-Kate who was stunned. "She's good, I'm impressed, her riding is impeccable", she whispered to me. The girl then finished the course and praised her horse.

"Are you almost done?" Mr. Miller shouted to her. "Yeah, I just have to do the combination again, I messed up the striding a bit, why?" She asked, a little out of breath. "Is it 12 o'clock, I can get out of here if you need me to-" she said.

"No it's fine, you're good, I just need to ask you a favour", he explained. "Oh all right, just give me a minute", she smiled before cantering off to do the combination again. When she was done, she trotted over and stopped right before us.

"Alright, what is this favour?" She asked him. "This is Elizabeth, she has a lesson at 12 and Emma was supposed to help her but she had something. So I was wondering if you maybe could help her and possibly also walk beside her during the lesson if needed?" He asked her.

"Yeah sure, I can do that, I just have to cool Luna down and tack her off", she said. She then looked at me and froze for a moment before composing herself. Does she know who I am? I don't think so, she didn't say anything.

Nova's pov:

I was riding through the course on Luna, and she was being really good for once. She likes to bust a few moves here and there and show off her sassy side every once in a while. When I got to the combination, I messed up the striding, which caused us to chip in a bit. We didn't have any fences down, but I could definitely have ridden her better to it.

I finished the course and praised Luna when I heard Mr. Miller shout something to me. "Are you almost done?" he shouted. "Yeah, I just have to do the combination again, I messed up the striding a bit, why?" I asked, a little out of breath. "Is it 12 o'clock, I can get out of here if you need me to-" I started rambling, a little scared I had lost track of time.

"No it's fine, you're good, I just need to ask you a favour", he explained. "Oh all right, just give me a minute", I smiled before cantering off to do the combination again. When I was done, I trotted over to them and stopped in front of Mr. Miller.

"Alright, what is this favour?" I asked him. "This is Elizabeth, she has a lesson at 12 and Emma was supposed to help her, but she had something. So I was wondering if you maybe could help her and possibly also walk beside her during the lesson if needed?" He asked me.

"Yeah sure, I can do that, I just have to cool Luna down and tack her off", I said. I then looked over at the woman standing beside him. Hold on... Wait... Is that Elizabeth Olsen? No, it can't be...

Shit, it's her! I realized I had frozen in place, and quickly composed myself. Pushing down my anxiety, I said "Hi, nice to meet you miss Elizabeth". "Please, Elizabeth or Lizzie is just fine, and it's nice to meet you too", she smiled. I gave a little smile and nod towards her sister Mary-Kate as well before going to cool down Luna.

As I was cooling her down, my overthinking started. How in the hell had my biggest inspiration, Elizabeth Olsen ended up at my barn? And I was supposed to help her? She would quickly realize how socially awkward I was and never come back again.

I knew that the barn needed the money and recognition for Lizzie's lessons, so it would be ideal for her to come back, but if I helped her, that would never happen.

Elizabeth Olsen had always been my biggest inspiration, mostly because I knew that she also had social anxiety, and she had managed to live with it and she had become a famous actress despite of it.

I related to her a lot, and just meeting her had always been my dream, but now that I had to interact with her, I was scared to make a fool out of myself.

---------------------------------------

Heyy! That's chapter 2 done! How are you doing today? I'm all right, just a bit tired. It's been a long day.

I have to warn you, there will be a couple chapters without anything really interesting happening, I have to build up the story first and not rush to the point as I did a bit in my first book, so just stay with me here.

This is your daily reminder to go and drink some water, your body needs it <3

Love, Frida xx