Chapter 83:"Way too freaking much happens"

⚠️TW:⚠️ I'm sorry... that's all I'll say

--------------------------------------

I allowed her to let her emotions out as she buried her head in the crook of my neck. "Let it all out, you're okay."She took a few moments to gather herself before looking up at me with a teary smile.

"I-I'm sorry, it's just a lot", she mumbled. "Don't apologize. You're saying goodbye to something that has been a huge part of your life the last couple of months. You're saying goodbye to your job, to your coworkers who are like family to you."

It took a moment for it to sink in, and before she could answer, a crew member came over with a microphone for mum to have a little statement speech thingy. I knew she had been dreading this because even though these people were people she had worked with for months, she doesn't like talking to a crowd of people.

"I-I umm... I don't know what to say..." Her voice suddenly boomed through the room, almost startling me. I sensed mum's discomfort and I offered her my hand which she took, shooting me a grateful smile.

"This has been such an incredible experience. When I was first pitched this idea, I'll be honest, I was hesitant. It was such a different, original idea, and I wasn't sure if we'd be able to pull it off. Most of all, the time crunch. Doing all this in the short time we had. I doubted it countless times, I second-guessed it so many times, but guess what, we made it!"

"And the reason we did, is you. Every, single, one of you. People who see movies and shows, only see the actors. Maybe the makeup artists and the director. But who they don't see are the cinematographers, the casting directors, the ADs, the PAs, the production designers, the art directors, the set and prop crews, the camera operators, the electric department, the grip department, the wardrobe department, the sound department, the editors, catering, the stunt department, the VFX, the production department, and last but not least, all the other people who are here behind the scenes, working their asses off so that we as actors can look cool."

"Sorry, that was a big ol' rant. Either way, what I'm trying to say here, is thank you. Thank you to all of you who have worked so hard to make this possible. Thank you to all the incredible people I have had the pleasure to meet on this journey. Thank you for all the incredible connections I've made and for everything I've learned. This has been one of the most eye-opening experiences of my life, so thank you so much." Mum ended her speech a little teary-eyed, and after giving the microphone away, she came back for another hug.

Kathryn then did a little speech, and so did the director. After a bit more crying, Kathryn approached us. I tried to inconspicuously look around the set for the familiar black-haired girl I had looked for so many times before. Everyone was out from the shadows and talking together, but Brenna was nowhere to be seen.

She had to be here, right? I had to see her one last time, at least get her phone number or something. But no, I could not for the life of me spot her. "Who are you looking for hunny?" Mum asked when she noticed my wandering eyes.

"N-No one", I answered quickly. "Bullshit!" Kathryn shouted in a sing-song voice as she made her way over. "Looking for Brenna? Yeah, she's not here. I'm sorry." She was suddenly a lot more apologetic.

"What do you mean?" She had to be here. I needed to see her. "She had an emergency. Her next job started a bit earlier than planned, she left for LA earlier today", Kathryn informed me. "She what?"

My heart clenched. And not in a good way. I didn't get to say goodbye. I didn't have her number, no way of contacting her! "I-I need a moment", I stuttered, making my way into the shadows that were all the lights and cameras. In my blurry haze, I somehow found a bathroom.

She couldn't have left. It wasn't possible. Far away, I registered my phone ringing, but I didn't pick up, thinking it was mum trying to find me. I needed some time to myself right now. It hurt. It hurt so much.

I needed to at least say goodbye.

After a long sob sesh, I was finally able to pull myself enough together to stand up from where I had crumbled down to the floor. My phone was on the floor next to me, with four missed calls from mum, no, wait, from Ally?

It wasn't mum who had called me? Why would Ally call me at this time? She knew I was busy, she knew I was on set with mum for wrapping. Ally wouldn't call if it wasn't something important. Was it Luna?

With shaking hands, I typed in my password and tried calling her back. Straight to voicemail. No. She needs to answer before I completely panic. I tried again. No answer.

Not bothering to try and make myself look mentally stable, I slammed the door to the bathroom and made a beeline for where mum was last. Some people looked at me strangely as I sprinted past them, tears streaming down my face and nothing but panic in my eyes.

Mum wasn't standing where I had left her, and Kathryn had gone and joined Paul and the boys instead. Where was she? That's when I spotted her. In a corner, on the phone and her face etched with worry.

"M-Mum?" I asked hesitantly when I got there, my voice cracking. "Nova honey, it's Ally." She handed me the phone. Why was I so worried? Well maybe because mum was looking at me with pity, and Ally would never call at this time unless it was absolutely urgent.

"H-Hi?"

"Novs, is that you?" I heard Ally's voice on the other side of the line. I nodded rapidly before realizing she couldn't see me. "Yeah, i-it's me."

"Novs, it's Luna. S-She's restless and she keeps rolling." She didn't have to say anything else. Colic symptoms. Without saying anything else, I took the phone away from my ear and finally made eye contact with mum.

"I- We need to go", I choked out.

"I need to see her, we need to call the vet." Mum took the phone away from my hand and said a few words I couldn't comprehend. I was too far into my thoughts. Too far in a panic. She had to be fine. Nothing could happen to her. I couldn't lose her. Not like this.

---------------------------------

Umm....

Yeah...

I don't have any words except I'm sorry

Just know I love you all so much, this is just the crazy writer in me coming out <3

Love, Frida xx