Chapter 79: "The tour"

⚠️TW:⚠️ none I think

———————————

The set was huge, and I honestly had no clue how people maneuver it daily without getting lost. After 5 minutes, I had no clue where I was, but I just figured that I'd call mum and ask for directions when I wanted to try and get back.

Crew members were left and right, all in the same black crew t-shirts. Every time I saw someone with black hair, I'd snap my head back at them, only to realize they weren't the person I was searching for. Was I searching for her? No, I don't think so... Was I?

After another look around the outside area, I found a door and walked in. A long hallway was what I was met with. There were doors on each side, each with a number. Sound studio 1. Oh. Right. Recording studios.

Makes sense. One door was open, and some crew members were carrying some stuff inside. Normally, I'd just walk right past, but I once again saw someone with dark hair, and I knew I had to take a look. What if it was her?

I  stopped at the door and took the room in. It was a recording studio indeed. Despite filming almost being done, they were still doing things to the room. Some fancy button-lined table thingys were being carried inside. I had no clue what they were, but then again I'm not an expert at this.

Being too caught up with looking at all the stuff, I missed the way one of the crew members looked at me as she put down a speaker. "Nova?" Huh? Why do I recognize that voice? "B-Brenna?" It was her!

She looked amazing as ever. Her jet black hair was tied back into a high bun today, with some strands falling around her face, probably caused by all the hard work she had done today. "It's so nice to see you  again!" She rushed forward and engulfed me in a hug.

Fuck.

She smelled so good.

That's all I was able to think. Her smell. She smelled sweet, and faintly of vanilla, mixed with something I couldn't quite put my finger on. It was a nice combo. She smelled good. Unable to function, I wasn't able to hug her back much, but that didn't stop her.

"Are you here for the tour? Although, it looks like you're well on your way already by yourself", she added as a afterthought. Her voice. Oh how I   had missed it. "Nova? You okay?" Huh? Oh fuck, I had just stood frozen, looking at her for the past couple of minutes.

"What? Right, sorry, yeah I-I'm okay." She raised an eyebrow which didn't really help. "I'm just helping here out of the good of my heart. Kathryn actually messaged me and asked if I could give you that tour today. Are you still up for it?"

"Like, r-right now?" I stuttered. "If that's something you'd like", she smiled. "Oh, okay, y-yeah sure, why not." Grinning, Brenna shouted a goodbye to her co-workers before practically dragging me out the door and down the corridor.

"Where should we start..." she mumbled to herself as we got outside. "How about we just start with the trailers and then go to the canteen on our way to some of the sets?" It seemed like she was talking to herself, so I didn't answer.

It wasn't until she looked my way that I understood that the question might have been directed at me. "Were you asking me?" Letting out a  little laugh, she answered. "Yup, who else is here besides us?"

I   looked around and spotted some random crew members a couple metres away from us. "I don't know, you could have been talking to them", I   shrugged, pointing my thumb at them. "Right, because they would   definitely hear me." Another angelic laugh escaped her, and I couldn't focus on anything else.

She ended up dragging me to the trailers which seemed a mile away. Although, it went a lot quicker with Brenna making conversation. "So here we have the trailers. You've probably already been here, but it's essentially where all the actors and important people have their own   trailer."

"Hair and makeup also have their own trailers. They're the ones over there", she pointed towards some trailers I recognized from earlier.

"And then if we go over here..." she dragged me towards a big door I was pretty certain was where mum and I had entered today. "So this is the main entrance. If we go down this hallway..." we walked down a hallway   which looked just like all the other ones.

"We get to the big green room! A lot of people like to hang out here, so it's rarely ever quiet here. So if you don't like people, don't come here", she joked. "Down that hallway we have some break rooms you can use if you need a place to either sleep, work or just chill. They're pretty nice, although I'm not really able to use them much. I don't have   time."

She showed me one of the available break rooms, and they were nice indeed, with a table, some chairs and a sofa to chill on. "So the canteen is pretty close, it's just right down here. This is where we eat most days, except if we're either filming on location or if we don't have time in our schedule to actually go eat. If that's the case, they usually  bring  some food out to us and we'll spend 10 minutes eating on set."

"I'll admit, that happens a lot. It's usually pretty busy. But I get paid so I don't mind."

We then began the long walk to one of the warehouses in which they apparently do stunts and fight training. "I'm not sure if anyone is in there at the moment as filming is almost wrapped, but we can have a look around regardless."

Can   I just say that it was pretty damn huge? A whole warehouse, basically   redesigned into a gym, with mats on the floor, workout equipment and   lots and lots of wires and other stuff. "I have to say, this is pretty damn cool", I was in awe, just looking around.

As someone who likes to work out and occasionally box, this was heaven. Everything you could think of, also in terms of boxing stuff. "Can I try the gloves on?" I asked, pointing towards the shelf lined with boxing gloves and hand wraps.

"Sure, go for it!" I wrapped my hands as best as I could without someone to help me, as I assumed Brenna wasn't trained in that field of expertise.  When my hands were securely wrapped, I looked through the gloves and found a pair that fit me.

—————————

Hiya!
I don't have a lot of time rn, I have somewhere to be, so this is gonna have to be kinda quick xD

I love you all so much, take care <3

Love, Frida xx