Chapter 77: "Disappointed"

Yet another awesome pic of Liz ^

⚠️TW:⚠️  minor mention of blood, otherwise just some fluff x

---------------------------------------------

"I-I don't have to tell you?" Was the first thing she asked. "No honey. As much as I'd love for you to tell me everything that's bothering you, you have to set your own boundaries."

"So you're not going to mad at me for not telling you?" Her gaze flew back to her lap. "Once again", I let go of one of her hands so that I could tilt her chin back up. "Look at me darling. I will never get mad at you for something like this. Even if it's something I maybe should get mad at, I will always try and understand your point of view before drawing conclusions okay?"

"I don't want you to be scared to tell me something because you're worried I'll be angry."

"But you'll be disappointed in me", she told me, finding my hand again and gripping it for comfort. "That is a whole another thing, something that is harder to control, and it can feel a lot worse than someone being angry at you."

"I just want you to know that I am so proud of you, and I cannot imagine a scenario where I would be disappointed in you. You've been through so, so much, and I admire you a lot for being here today as the amazing young woman you are."

My words touched her, as her eyes became glossed over again. "Come here my sweet girl, you don't have to talk, it's okay", I gently eased her into my embrace and she was quick to bury her head in the crook of my neck. "I'm so proud of you my beautiful girl, you're okay, 𝐼'𝓋𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊", I kept whispering sweet reassurances to her as she let everything out.

She eventually relaxed completely in my embrace and I almost thought she fell asleep until she shifted in my embrace so that her back was facing me. I had scooted up to the headboard so we were pretty snug, not that I was complaining.

We sat there for a good while before Nova claimed her back was getting sore. She got pretty whiny about it, not wanting to leave my embrace, but we went downstairs on the sofa instead where Robbie was watching some random show, after I had checked her over for any blood. 

Luckily, I didn't find anything and I couldn't bring myself to think about what could have happened had I just been a bit slower. 

To my great surprise, Nova took a seat close to Robbie, leaving a spot in between them where she dragged me to sit. And that's how I found myself in between the two most important people in my life.

Nova was still clinging on to me, but I liked the feeling of her head almost on my lap. Robbie was also leaning into my side as we watched some random TV-show.

----------------------

A couple days later

Nova's pov:

Yet another day of school. Well, later. It was currently 6 am and I was at the yard. "Good morning Lulu", I cooed, greeting my horse. She gave me one of her little squeals, which pulled at my heartstrings. I gave her a carrot before going to get her grain and hay.

As I didn't have any other horses to do today, I just sat in her stable as she ate. She would occasionally lift her head and give me a little nibble, showing her affection for me. It was in moments like these that made me realize my love for this horse. I don't know what I'd do with myself if something happened to her. Looking back, I should have appreciated this moment more than I did, but I always expected to have unlimited time with her. Or at least a couple of years.

I don't think I've actually said it that often, but it's true. She's the only one, well maybe except Ally and Griffin who I can count on, always. I'm sure I could count on mum and d-fuck Robbie as well, but my brain still keeps telling me they'll leave.

Luna eventually pulled me out of my thoughts and we spent the morning just chilling in her field. I wasn't really in the mood for riding today, so I just sat with her in the field for a bit. She would occasionally take a break from eating grass to come and give me some kisses, demanding cuddles in return.

After a while she stopped going to eat and just stayed by me. My heart fluttered every time she would gently nudge me to get more scratches. And then the most magical thing happened. Since Luna is an ex-racer, she struggles to trust people because she was constantly passed in-between owners because she wasn't the best race horse.

I have tried to gain her trust, and I slowly have, but never has she trusted me like this. I was just sitting, leaning against a tree, when she decided to lie down beside me and gently (well not so gently because she's a fucking horse) put her head in my lap.

If my heart had fluttered earlier, well it erupted into a swarm of birds by how much I felt it flutter. Involuntarily, I froze, because she had never shown this level of affection before. Sure, I had found her in the field or in her stable a couple times lying down, but she had never actually laid down when I was sitting first.

Almost afraid to move, I gently put my arm out to stroke her chin, which earned me a little move of her head as she itched closer to me. Never in my life had I felt closer to an animal. Not just physically.

I felt the bond we had worked so hard to form, the trust she was putting in me right now. So we stayed there, like that, in the same position until mum called me to tell me she was going to work. "Do you maybe want to come with me?"

"Didn't Kathryn mention you getting some sort of tour from Brenna? If you want that, you should probably come soon, filming is wrapping in not too long, hopefully in two weeks if we manage to stick to the schedule."

Fuck. Brenna. I had thought about her a lot, I'll be honest. I wanted to see her so bad, to see her gorgeous hazel eyes, to see her sleek, shiny jet black hair. I was just worried I'd make a complete fool of myself. Which I would probably do. Who am I kidding, I can't function around her.

"Nova? Are you feeling okay my sweet girl?" Mum's voice caught me by surprise and I jumped slightly, causing Luna to stiffen up a bit. "You're okay Lulu, calm down, it was just me, I'm sorry", I didn't really want her to spook and squish me in the process.

------------------------------------------

Early chapter today bc I'm feeling generous (totally not bc I'm bored out of my mind in class)

I don't have a lot of time, so stay safe, don't forget to slay, and I love you so so much <3

Love, Frida xx