Chapter 12: "Different"

The pic is is my life story. Just sipping some tea while judging people lol
I'm kidding😂

NOT PROOFREAD

⚠️TW:⚠️ None I believe

-------------------------------------------------------------

As the clock hit 11:30, I figured it was time to leave. I grabbed my phone and wallet before heading downstairs. As I passed Miss Riley's office, I gently knocked on the door.

"Novella honey, how are you, can I help you with something?" Miss Riley asked me when I popped my head into her office. "Hi, I'm going out for lunch, I just figured I'd tell you first", I smiled.

"Who are you going out with?" She asked. "It's someone from the barn, don't worry, she won't kidnap me", I joked. "Okay, and is this mystery girl over 20?" Miss Riley asked. "Yes...", I mumbled.

I knew she wouldn't be thrilled with the idea of me going out for lunch with someone twice my age, so I hadn't told her until now, it would be too late for me to cancel now. "I'll allow it, but if you feel unsafe at any time, please come back here, and I want to meet her before you go out with her again", Miss Riley warned.

"Okay, can I go now?" I asked. "Yes, just be careful, and have fun!" She shouted after me as I had basically stormed out the door when I heard the word "yes".

"Bye!" I shouted up the stairs as I was already about halfway down when Miss Riley was done talking. As I got out on the street, I got my phone out to shoot Elizabeth a text just as she had asked me to do.

Lizzie <3

Hi! I'm leaving now, I'll probably be there in 15

Great, I'm leaving now too, I'll see you there!

I can't wait to see you again <3

She can't wait to see me again? Am I that important to her? No, that's absurd, she's probably just being nice, right? Yeah...

Lizzie's pov:

I was finally going out for lunch with Nova today! Honestly, I had really been looking forward to it, there was just something special about this girl, I couldn't describe it. I just got some sort of maternal instinct whenever I looked at her.

When I saw that she was anxious, I wanted nothing more than to hold her in my arms and tell her everything would be okay. However, that isn't really possible, I barely know the girl and she most definitely doesn't trust me.

I was currently scrambling to get ready, I really didn't want to be late. That wouldn't be a great first impression on a girl I want to adopt. Well, she doesn't know it yet, I want to build some sort of bond first.

Just as I was about to head out, I get a text from Nova.

💖Nova💖

Hi! I'm leaving now, I'll probably be there in 15

Great, I'm leaving now too, I'll see you there!

I can't wait to see you again <3

Well, looks like we're leaving at the same time, good timing! I shouted a "goodbye" to Robbie before heading out the door.

I opted to taking my car, I didn't want to draw unwanted attention from the paparazzi. I had also put a hat and sunglasses on in hopes of not being recognized. Let's be honest, I'll probably end up getting recognized in the end like always.

I just don't want Nova to be followed or stalked because she's hanging out with me, she doesn't deserve that.

The drive took considerably longer than it should have, traffic wasn't on my side today, and finding a parking spot was way harder than it should be.

I eventually got there though, and I wasn't THAT late. The cafe we had chosen was really cute. It was a small local cafe, owned by an elderly couple. Winston's cafe was located right by the river, and it was kind of hidden away, like a hidden gem of London.

There wasn't a lot of paparazzi around here, as it was a place mostly locals visited. I knew the owners quite well as I had eaten there my fair share of times. As I stepped into the cafe, the bell on the door rang, signalling someone had entered.

I scanned the few tables which were spread out and found Nova by my favourite table, the one in the corner, furthest from the door. A smile spread on my face as I saw her. She looked different than usual.

She was wearing baggier clothes, at the barn, she would often be seen in riding breeches and a base layer or polo top, but now she was sporting an oversized sweatshirt with a pair of jeans and sneakers.

Her hair was different as well. At the barn, it was always in either a high or a low ponytail for practicality, but right now she had it down, her gorgeous brown hair framing her face in gentle waves.

She was on her phone and she was tapping her leg anxiously. I started walking up to her. She heard my footsteps and looked up from her phone. A small smile spread on her face when she saw me.

"Hi!" I smiled. "How are you? You look amazing!" I exclaimed, gesturing to her clothes. "Hi and thanks, you don't look too bad yourself", she grinned. She put her phone away, and I sat down opposite her.

"Have you been waiting for long? Sorry, traffic wasn't being nice to me today", I apologized. "No worries, I only sat here for like 5 minutes", she smiled politely. "Okay, that's good, I'm still sorry for being late", I smiled apologetically.

"Again, don't worry about it, you can't really control traffic", Nova laughed.

"Have you ordered anything yet?" I asked. "No, I was waiting for you", she explained. "That's nice of you, do you know what you want?" I asked her. "I usually get the chicken sandwich so I'll probably get that with lemonade or something.

"Great, I think I'll get some sort of salad and a coffee", I said. "They have really good salads here so I can't comment on that", Nova laughed and I agreed, the salads here are the best.

She seemed relaxed around me, at least for now. I'm happy she trusts me enough to joke with me, her laugh is so pretty, I never get tired of hearing it. Her smile is so contagious, like her true smile, not the polite one, but the one she had when she was joking around with her best friend Ally.

———————————

Hello! I'm back! Not that I was gone for longer than usual, it just feels like it bc I have a shit ton of work to do rn.

How are y'all doing?

It's finally Saturday, you got through yet another week, I'm proud of you <3

Remember to eat and drink enough, take some time to yourself if you need it :)

Love, Frida xx