Chapter 24: "Doubts"

First, just take a moment to appreciate my effort in finding a fantastic pic of Lizzie.

⚠️TW:⚠️ just doubts and self-degrading thoughts

--------------------------------------------

Nova's pov:

I just scrolled through my phone for a while. I checked instagram, replied to some snaps, and I sent both Ally and Griffin a message saying that I had accepted Lizzie's offer. They both replied fast, basically screaming yes.

After having a bit of a laugh at Ally's and Griffin's messages, my alone-time was cut short by a knock at the door. My head shot up, and by breathing increased. "C-Come in", I answered, scolding myself for how shaky that sounded.

The door was opened carefully, and Lizzie popped her head inside the door. "Can I come in?" she asked sweetly. "Yeah, of course, come in." She smiled and stepped inside, closing the door behind her.

"How are you?" Lizzie asked me. "I'm good", I answered on autopilot while putting my phone away. "An honest answer please", Lizzie said while coming over to the bed. "Can I sit down?" She asked, motioning to the bed and I nodded.

I scooched over to make space for her, and she sat down. "Now, how are you really? I know it's been a lot of information for one day, it has to be a lot for you to process." I thought for a moment before answering.

Today had been a lot. My whole world had been turned upside down, and I might actually be adopted. And not just by anyone, but by a famous actress. "You're right", I mumbled, a bit hesitant to open up.

"Today has been a lot and I don't really know how to process it, and I can't help but have my doubts, but I'll be fine", I offered a weak smile. Lizzie's brows furrowed. "Doubts about what?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowing. "I don't know, it's stupid."

"I'm sure it's not stupid and I understand if you don't want to tell me, but if it's about whether or not Robbie and I actually want to adopt you, just know that we really want that. We care about you and we want you to be able to come to us for help, you can talk to us", Lizzie told me.

"I just can't help but remember that you're an actress. You're incredibly busy being out there, filming, doing red carpets and premieres. I don't know what you see in me", I started ranting, opening up a little.

Lizzie seemed like she cared, and I had never let my walls down so fast with anyone, what was she doing with me? The comfort she provided, the trust she was slowly building, it scared me. I felt my walls slowly crumbling, she was getting through to me.

She was building some trust, but my doubts and insecurities were always there, holding me back. I wasn't sure how long I could keep my walls up, but if I let them down and she leaves me, I don't know what I'll do.

"I know I'm an actress", Lizzie said, pulling me away from my thoughts. "But I can assure you that I care a lot about you. I will always put you over my job, you and Robbie will always be my first priority. I can promise you, I will never forget you or put my work in front of you", she reassured me.

"And I know it's going to take some time for you to realize that, but if you feel like you're being forgotten about, please tell us, I'd hate for you to feel like that", Lizzie assured me.  "Okay." I was getting anxious again, something Lizzie noticed.

"If you don't need anything else, I'll leave you alone now. If you need anything during the night, I'll be either in my own room or in Robbie's. Just come and wake me if you need to. I'll be ready to leave by 6 tomorrow, feel free to raid the kitchen at any point if you're hungry", she smiled.

"Okay great, thanks", I smiled. "Of course, can I get a hug before I go to bed?" Lizzie very sweetly asked. I loved how every time she wanted to hug me, she'd ask first. It might not be a big deal to most people, but to me, it meant a lot.

Pretty much every time someone would touch me suddenly without warning, it would remind me of my father, and I'd usually jump of flinch not only if someone scared me, but also if they hugged me suddenly or patted my back.

So Lizzie asking to hug me meant a lot to me. I smiled and nodded, stretching my arms out, signalling for a hug. Lizzie leaned towards me, embracing me in her arms. I let her comforting smell fill my lungs, and I melted into her gentle hug.

"Good night hun, come fetch me if you need anything okay?" Lizzie whispered into my shoulder. "I will, good night, and thanks for today."

We pulled apart and I had to fight the urge to just hold on to her. There was something about being in her embrace. I wasn't usually a touchy person. My love language has never been touch. That might be because the only touch I've known has been negative, but regardless, I wasn't a huge fan of hugs.

But Lizzie's hugs, they were something else. They made me feel warm, safe, loved. As much as I tried to fight it, my walls were crumbling. There wasn't anything I could do about it.

Lizzie shot me a smile before exiting the bedroom, turning off the light after I asked her to do so, and shutting the door quietly behind her. All right... what to do now? That went okay, right? Yeah, I think so...

I just ended up scrolling through my phone for a bit. Nothing special, just watching lots of random TikToks. At about 10:30, I felt my eyelids start to grow heavy, so I felt like it might be a good time to go to bed.

I put my phone on the nightstand and snuggled further under the covers, getting comfortable. It has been a hell of a day.

----------------------------------------------------

Well, I have to agree with Nova, today has been one hell of a day. Not just today, this week in general. But anyway, how are you doing?

It's almost summer yayy!

Remember to take care of yourself. Stat hydrated and at least try to eat something if you haven't already :)

I'm here for any questions or ranting about anything, I always enjoy talking to you guys, regardless of the topic <3

Love, Frida xx