Chapter 16: "Overthinking"

Once again, LIZZIE 😍🔥^^^

⚠️TW:⚠️ panic attack
———————————————-

Lizzie's pov:

The first thing I did when they left was break down in Robbie's arms. I don't even know if that's a good thing. I was feeling so many emotions at the same time, I didn't know what to do. I was happy this had gone well. It was all up to Nova now.

I had also been incredibly anxious the entire time, and when you're constantly pushing down a panic attack, it's going to catch up to you eventually. And it did. Hard.

Robbie held me for a good 20 minutes while I sobbed my heart out. "You're okay babe, it went well and it's all up to Nova now. I'm sure she'll say yes and you'll be an amazing mom", he said while I calmed down.

"You did so well honey, they both loved you."

I eventually calmed down with the help of Robbie. What would I do without him? Now for the task of writing a text to Nova. I had texted her before, but those were just normal good morning and good night texts, nothing like this.

I liked checking up on her every once in a while just to see how she was doing and to show I cared. She probably thinks I'm some struck up celebrity who doesn't care about her but that's not true.

Nova has become one of the most important people in my life in a short period of time, and I intend to show that to her.

Anyway, back to the task at hand. Texting Nova. Maybe I should just ask her how she was doing first and then ask her if she wanted to come over after my lesson on Saturday.

Nova's pov:

I was sitting at my desk once again, struggling with my schoolwork. It was math again. I just didn't understand the task but I didn't want to be an inconvenience to anyone and ask for help.

I'm pretty sure Miss Riley was out anyway, I had seen her leave a while ago. Not sure where she was going though. The only times she'll leave like that are usually if someone's getting adopted and she has to do a house inspection with the social worker.

One of the kids getting adopted could be good though. I wonder who it would be. Maybe Maya. A lot of people have been interested in her recently, and with good reason. She's unbelievably adorable and she would make a perfect addition to any family.

I kind of hope it's Jake, he's been here the second longest, after me of course. He deserves a home and parents that love him.

You're probably wondering why I'm not hoping it's me. Well, I've given up hope on that a long time ago. No one in their right mind wants to adopt a 16-year old when I'm probably just going to move out in two years time.

I also have way too many problems. That is expected with orphans, yeah I get it, but it's not normal for someone to have a panic attacks over the smallest things and to wake up pretty much every night drenched in sweat and in a panic from a nightmare.

So yeah... Now I'm basically just waiting to turn 18 so that I can get a place of my own and leave this place.

My thoughts were interrupted by a notification coming from my phone.

Lizzie <3

Hi! How are you doing?

Hey! I'm doing all right, just doing school work as per usual
Wbu?

Am I supposed to know what that means?

Hold on... she doesn't know what "Wbu" means? I didn't realize she was that old.

Lizzie <3

Right sorry, "wbu" is short for "what about you"
I didn't realize you were that old
I'm kidding, but here's a guide for you

*insert picture of texting abbreviations*

Hey! I'm not that old!

But thanks, I feel like I'll need this
I have a question though

Yeah?

Are you helping me on Saturday?

I think so, I have a lesson myself on Saturday
though, I think it's right after yours
I'm sure you could watch if you want

I'd love to!
You're such an incredible rider,
I could definitely learn something from you
I was also wondering whether or not you
wanted to come over after the barn on Saturday,
maybe you could meet my husband?
I haven't been able to shut up about you, and he
really wants to meet you

Are you sure?

I don't want to be crashing your date night

Of course!
You're never an inconvenience to me
or anyone, please know that

In that case, sure
I would love to come :)

Great! I can give you a ride from the barn if you want <3

*insert the rest of the conversation I can't be bothered to make up*

Still Nova's pov:

Okay, so I guess I'm going over to her place for dinner... Because that's not terrifying at all. And I'm meeting her husband. What if he hates me? I mean, I'm just some random annoying teenager, right?

-Time skip to Saturday-

I was finally finished with all of my morning chores at the barn. Ally wasn't here today, so she had asked me to feed Crystal for her, which I had gladly done. I mean, she's my best friend and she'd do that for me too. It's just that I already had 7 horses to take care of today, not including Luna and now Crystal, which makes 9 horses.

This morning had been a lot, and I was already exhausted. After finishing making everyones haynets, I flopped down in the pile of hay. I looked up at the ceiling, thinking about today. The morning had been hard and I knew the day would get harder.

I had to help Lizzie today, which; don't get me wrong, is great, but I just get really anxious around her, but at the same time I feel safe with her for some reason. My walls I spent so long building around me are breaking when I'm with her, and that terrifies me.

She's such a famous actress and she is really busy. I know that after a while she will leave and forget about me like everyone else, and if I let my walls down, that's going to hurt a lot more. I think that's why I'm getting so anxious. I'm scared of letting her in and when I notice I'm doing so, I get anxious.

And we all know what anxiousness leads to with me. You guessed it, a panic attack.

On top of all that, I agreed to get her watch me while I'm having my lesson which won't help my anxiety levels, I'll just think that she's judging my riding. And then I'm going over ot her place after to meet her husband.

He's definitely going to hate me, and then he'll tell Lizzie to stop seeing me. Then she'll leave and I'll be back to square one. Alone. Just me, Ally, Griffin and Luna.

—————————————

Helloooooo how are ya??

Sorry, I don't really have time for a lot of text down here, I'm at a party/celebration and I kinda wanna be off my phone for a bit

But remember to take care of yourself, eat and drink enough <3

Love, Frida xx