Chapter 23: "The desicion"

⚠️TW:⚠️ razors and thoughts

--------------------------------------------------

"I- I told her about us wanting to adopt her, and she's upstairs talking about it with her friends", I explained, my voice cracking. "Aww honey, I'm sure it'll be all right, just take a deep breath, we'll just have to wait until she comes back downstairs", Robbie came over and pulled me into his embrace.

We eventually sat down on the couch and he reassured me everything would be all right. Eventually, we heard a door upstairs open, and footsteps echoed down the stairs. I turned my head in the direction, and Nova came into view.

Nova's pov:

I finished my conversation with Ally and Griffin. After taking a deep breath to collect myself, I pushed the door open and walked down the stairs. The kitchen was empty, so I walked further to where I knew the living room was.

And surprise! Robbie is here! He must have gotten back from the studio while I was upstairs. "Umm... hi", I waved awkwardly, being a bit nervous in Robbie's presence. "Nova! There you are! Are you okay?" Lizzie asked while standing up and coming towards me to hug me.

She gave me a questioning look as if to ask for permission to hug me, and I nodded. She gently wrapped her arms around me and I melted into her embrace. "Yeah I'm good thanks, sorry for just kind of leaving you, I just needed some time to think", I mumbled into her.

"You're all good, don't worry about it, it's a big decision to make", Lizzie smiled when we broke apart. "You can think for as long as you need to, and we'll love you just as much regardless of your decision."

"Umm, I've made a decision", I said. "You have? Do you want to sit down?" Lizzie very sweetly asked me. "Yeah sure." I sat down in one end of the couch while Lizzie sat back down on Robbie's lap.

"So...", I said, looking down and fidgeting with my hands. "I talked to my friends and they were basically both screaming at me to say yes. They knocked some sense into my brain, so if the offer is still up, I would love to be adopted by you", I said nervously.

Lizzie shot up from the couch, squealing in excitement before clearing her throat and composing herself. "YESS!! I mean, that's great!" Robbie and I both laughed at Lizzie's excitement. We looked at each other and he gave me a comforting smile.

Maybe this was the right thing to do? Maybe they do care about me? Lizzie came over to me and engulfed me in a hug once again. "Thank you so much hun for giving us a chance, I promise you I'll show you all the good in the world", she told me.

"Thanks", I smiled, not really knowing what to say. "Do you maybe want to stay over?" Lizzie asked me. "You don't have to, but it's getting pretty late and it's been a long day." I looked over at the clock on the wall ans sure enough, it was way past 10 pm.

"Yeah sure, I can stay over, but I have to go to the barn early tomorrow though", I said. "That's not a problem, I'll drive you there on my way to work", Lizzie smiled. "Are you sure? I have to leave at 6 am", I pointed out.

"Of course! Maybe you can show me what you do in the morning if you're up for that, I'd love to learn!" Said enthusiastically. "Are you sure? 6 am is early, you don't have to get up so early, I can get there myself."

"It's fine, I want to drive you, I have to get up early to get to set anyway." I didn't want her to get up early on my behalf, but she seemed fine with it, so I gave in. "Okay, sure, I have to be at the barn at 6:30 at the latest", I informed her.

"Okay, I'll be ready to leave by 6 then", Lizzie smiled. "Are you ready to head to bed or do you want to stay here?" I was pretty tired from everything that had happened today, so I kind of just wanted to be alone for a bit to collect my thoughts. It had been a long day.

"I think I'll head upstairs", I said and Lizzie nodded in understanding. "Okay, I'll come and say good night when I head to bed, there are toiletries in the drawers in your bedroom, I'll go and find some clothes for you to sleep in", Lizzie informed me.

We both went upstairs and parted ways by her bedroom door. "I'll find you some clothes and I'll leave them on your bed, let me know if you need anything." I nodded and mumbled a thank you before heading over to the room which was apparently mine now. It still didn't feel like it.

I did my usual night routine in the bathroom, using whatever was in the drawers. I was surprised. There was everything I could ever need in there. A toothbrush, toothpaste, a hairbrush, hair ties, soap, hand cream, and even pads and tampons. I also saw a pack of razors, just sitting in a basket beside the sink. Should I? No, that's stupid, I've only just arrived here. I resisted the urge and continued looking at everything The shower also had shower gel, shampoo and conditioner.

Halfway through washing my face, I heard a knock on the bedroom door. The bathroom door was closed so I barely heard it, but I shouted a "come in". It was weird to have someone knock at my door, I was used to people just barging in as they pleased.

Miss Riley usually knocked, but the kids didn't, and my father had also never done it. I heard some rustling on the other side of the door before I heard Lizzie's voice. "I put some clothes on the bed for you, I'll go and get ready for bed before I come and say good night, is that okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, thank you so much, I'll be out of here in a second", I answered almost as second nature, being used to someone needing to use the bathroom after me. Then I remembered, I had a bathroom to myself. Fuck, I'm stupid.

"Take your time, I'll see you in a minute (I just couldn't resist, I'm sorry)". I heard the bedroom door close which meant Lizzie had left, and I quickly finished up before leaving the bathroom, stealing a glance at the razors, and closing the door before I got any thoughts.

Lizzie had placed a pair of pyjamas on the bed, which I quickly changed into. I put my hair into a loose braid for the night, grabbed my phone and crawled under the covers. The light was still on, and I debated on whether or not to go and turn it off.

Lizzie had said that she'd be back, but I just didn't feel like she would actually do that. I decided on waiting for a while, just scrolling through my phone, and if Lizzie didn't come, I'd go and turn the light off and go to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------

Hellooooo!! So, there you have your answer! Nova has said yes to getting adopted! Now, the question is, will everything run smoothly? Let's be honest, probably not xD

But hey, at least I didn't end it with a cliffhanger this time, appreciate me for that

How are you doing? Like actually. I know life probably isn't the best rn, but it will get better, I promise, you just have to fight through it. I believe in you, you got this <3

Take care of yourself, make some time to relax, you deserve it. Make sure you eat enough :)

Love, Frida xx