Chapter 9: "Lunch?"

Okay before we start, can I just say, IM IN LOVE WITH LIZZIES LOOK IN THE PICTURE ^^ THE BANGS AND THE BLAZER, I just can't 😍😍

Anyway...

⚠️TW:⚠️ nothin'

------------------------------------------------

Lizzie's pov:

After my lesson with Nova, I cooled Billy down and Nova then helped me tack Billy off. I then turned him out, I actually did if without any help this time!

"Thank you so much for today Miss Elizabeth, have a great day! I guess I'll hopefully see you next week", she smiled. "Thank you so much to you too, I had a great time and I learned a lot. I have a proposal though. I like you and I think you're a very sweet girl, so would you maybe like to go out with me for lunch a day next week?" I asked her.

I saw her visibly tense up for a moment before she composed herself. "Are you sure? You're probably really busy and I don't want to be an inconvenience to you", she mumbled. "Nova, I invited you, I really want to get to know you, but just know that there's no pressure and you're not an inconvenience to anyone, least of all me, okay?" She nodded.

"Okay, I'll go out for lunch with you", she gave me a weak smile. "Great, let me give you my number so that we can plan it", I smiled, quickly scribbling my number down on a piece of paper. I was a little hesitant to giving her my number, I didn't want her to spread it around, but she didn't seem like that kind of person, I trusted her.

She accepted the piece of paper after giving me a questioning look as if to ask me if I really trusted her with it. I gave her a little smile and nod, and she put it in her pocket.

I was about to say bye before I realized something. "Wait, don't you have school next week around lunch time?" I asked which made her laugh. "Well, kind of. I do online school, so I can kind of do the work whenever it fits me best", she explained.

"Okay, yeah, that makes sense, are you okay with taking a few hours off school, I imagine you'll have to do the work later", I asked her to make sure that she was okay with having to do the work later. I wasn't about to be the reason why this kid doesn't do her school work.

"No of course not, let's be honest, I'll probably just end up asking my friend for the work", she laughed. "As long as you actually do it, I don't mind, I just didn't want to be the reason why you don't do your schoolwork", I said with a little smile on my face.

Even though she was loosening up a little, her smile was still a bit forced, nothing like her smile when she was with Ally, and she was still fidgeting with her fingers, a sign that she was anxious.

"Well, I wont keep you here any longer, thank you so much for agreeing to lunch, just shoot me a text when you get home all right", I smiled at her.

I saw her clench her jaw at the mention of the word "home", and I mentally slapped myself for saying it. She's an orphan for gods sake Lizzie, of course home is a sensitive topic for her.

Regardless, she answered me with a smile on her face. "Of course, have a great day!"

I waved her and started walking over to my car.

Nova's pov:

I actually got through Lizzie's lesson all right. I wasn't too anxious and I was able to focus on helping Lizzie. It was actually kind of funny when she was scared to trot. Who would have thought? Elizabeth Olsen, scared of trotting.

Despite my efforts of trying not to laugh, a smirk crept it's way on to my face, I don't think Lizzie saw it though. Scrap that, she definitely saw it. I quickly composed myself and went on to reassuring her that I would stop if she needed me to.

The rest of the lesson went well except for me being an anxious wreck when both Ally and Mr. Miller left. I did however manage to explain posting trot to her. I find that talking about horses always calms me down, so my anxiety kind of vanished once I started talking.

After her lesson, I did the normal stuff, you know, helping her tack off and turn Billy out. I was ready to say bye to Elizabeth and go and ride with Ally as we had planned to do after the lesson, but Lizzie held me back.

"Thank you so much for today Miss Elizabeth, have a great day! I guess I'll hopefully see you next week", I smiled to her. "Thank you so much to you too, I had a great time and I learned a lot. I have a proposal though. I like you and I think you're a very sweet girl, so would you maybe like to go out with me for lunch a day next week?" she asked me.

My breath got caught in my throat and I tensed up for a moment. "Are you sure? You're probably really busy and I don't want to be an inconvenience for you", I mumbled. I really wanted to go out with her, but my anxiety and overthinking was getting the best of me. "Nova, I invited you, I really want to get to know you, but just know that there's no pressure and you're not an inconvenience to anyone, least of all me, okay?" She told me reassuringly.

"Okay, I'll go out for lunch with you", I weakly smiled. "Great, let me give you my number so that we can plan it", she grinned smiled, quickly scribbling her number down on a piece of paper.

Wait, was she actually giving me her number? Wasn't she scared I would leak it? I gave her a questioning look but she smiled and nodded so I accepted the paper.

"Wait, don't you have school next week around lunch time?" she asked me suddenly which made me laugh. "Well, kind of. I do online school, so I can kind of do the work whenever it fits me best", I explained. Online school fit a lot better with my riding, that way I could ride whenever I wanted to, and also with me being transferred in between foster homes and orphanages in the past, online school had been a lot easier.

"Okay, yeah, that makes sense, are you okay with taking a few hours off school, I imagine you'll have to do the work later", She asked me.

"No of course not, let's be honest, I'll probably just end up asking my friend for the work", I laughed. "As long as you actually do it, I don't mind, I just didn't want to be the reason why you don't do your schoolwork", Lizzie answered with a little grin.

I was fidgeting with my fingers, and I think she noticed it. I don't know why I'm so anxious around her. Maybe it's the fact that she's a celebrity and I look up to her a lot, or maybe it's the fact that she's providing income to the barn, which I know that Mr. Miller desperately needs, so it's kind of up to me to make sure that she has a good experience her and keeps on coming here.

Lizzie interrupted my racing thoughts. "Well, I wont keep you here any longer, thank you so much for agreeing to lunch, just shoot me a text when you get home all right", She smiled.

I clenched my jaw at the work "home". The orphanage wasn't bad, I was just craving a real loving home with people who genuinely cared for me. I took a moment to compose myself before answering.

"Of course, have a great day!"

She waved and started walking to her car.

————————————
Hi again! Happy Wednesday! How are you all doing?
I'm currently on Easter break and I'm having a great time seeing my grandparents for the first time since the pandemic started.
That unfortunately means I'm not able to write as much. I don't have my laptop with me and I also have limited WiFi, so writing is kinda hard rn. I also want to spend some quality time with my grandparents since I haven't seen them for 3 years.

I have however pre-written a lot of chapters, so I'll manage to stick to my upload schedule (which is Wednesdays and Saturdays).

Make sure to eat enough and stay hydrated. If you have any questions, ideas or feedback for this book, don't hesitate to let me know. Also, if you just need someone to talk to, my messages are always open, I really enjoy taking to you guys <3

Love, Frida xx