Chapter 73: "Around the lake"

No trigger warnings today :)

--------------------------------------

Dinner was spent with a nice conversation, and we actually talked a bit about announcing me to the world.

I decided on just telling the truth. Well, most of it.

I was an orphan, they adopted me, kaboom, here we are.

Now for how we were going to do it. Going on a talk show was a major no for me. That would be too much. So, mum was going to subtly answer a question the next time she went on a talk show, which conveniently was next week.

She was going on Jimmy Fallon, which we all know and love. I mean, what's there to not like about him? Anyway, back on track.

I got compliments on the food from both mum and Robbie, which left me a blushing mess. Either way, I got through it and after dinner, I went upstairs to my room to change into barn clothes.

Mum insisted on cleaning up and doing the dishes as I had cooked, and let's be honest, you don't win the argument when Wanda Maximoff has put her mind to something. So yeah, I went and changed, shooting Ally a message while I was up there, asking her if she wanted to go on a hack with me.

She replied pretty quickly, agreeing and asking if we could go to the beach as we hadn't been there for a while. Well, we can't go to the actual beach by the ocean, as it's quite the drive and we didn't have time for that today.

So, riding to the closest lake with a little beach it is. Walking down the stairs, I made sure I had everything I needed. "I'm leaving for the barn", I informed Robbie who was sitting on the couch, watching some sports game.

"Do you need a ride? It's a bit late to take the tube." "Nah I'll be okay", I smiled, putting my jacket on. "Absolutely not, I'm driving you", mum shouted from the kitchen, clearly having heard our conversation.

"It's fine, you don't have to do that!"

Mum appeared in the doorway, drying her hands off on a cloth. "Nova honey, I don't want you taking the tube this late, please let me drive you." I sighed, knowing I wasn't going to win this. "Okay fine, thank you mum".

So yeah, I was driven to the barn where Ally was already waiting for me. Mum strictly told me to let her know when I was done so that either she or Robbie could come to pick me up when I was done.

Ally and I went and caught both Luna and Crystal, before tacking them up. We walked the 15 minutes to the lake and to the little beach, letting them play in the water for a bit. We then trotted once around the pretty small lake before letting both of them go completely.

We raced once around the lake while people stopped to look at us. A little kid even laughed and pointed, saying to his mum that he wanted a pony to do that on. Adorable.

When Crystal was done, having had enough of losing to an ex-racehorse, we decided to call it a day. We chatted for a bit, and I told Ally about my day. She sensed I was keeping something from her, and she somehow managed to pry the whole Brenna thing out of me.

"Oh my god Novs, you totally have a crush!" She squealed, making my cheeks go red. "I do not!"

"Yes you do, it's so obvious! OmG, jUst, heR hAir, shE's sO hOt", she mimicked me. The rest of the way home was spent with her teasing. Although, she did eventually leave it, and we spent some time catching up.

I gave mum a call and she promised to come pick me up. And soon enough, mum's black car pulled up to the front of the barn. "I'll see you around, how about we have a call with Griffin later?" I proposed.

"Sure, I'd like that. I'll talk to you then I guess", Ally waved. "Hi my sweet girl, how was the barn?" mum asked as I closed the car door, having climbed in. "It was good, we went to the lake and had some gallops", I smiled, recalling the little boy.

"I'm happy you had fun honey", her face morphed into a smile. We made some small talk on the way home, but my eyelids were drooping and I was definitely getting tired.

The evening was pretty uneventful, I pretty much just ended up going to bed, nothing special there.

A week or two later, it was time for the world to find out about me. Surprisingly, no articles had been released of me, as we hadn't gone out much together. At least not into town. But mum was going to Jimmy Fallon tonight, so everything was to be revealed today, whether I liked it or not.

I had asked to stay home, not feeling comfortable with being in such a pressured environment. So, Robbie and I were staying home while mum went to the studio or wherever it is they film these things. Jimmy Fallon Inc? Idk.

The show was airing in a couple minutes and I was sat on the sofa, with Robbie on one of the lounge chairs. "Hello everyone and welcome back! I'm Jimmy Fallon, and I have a very special guest here tonight!" Jimmy's voice echoed through our living room and my stomach twisted in knots at what was to come.

------------------------------------------

Hello!

How was your day?

Once again, I'm kinda late, sorry abt that xD

I hope you're doing well, I think I'm slowly losing myself to stress from school... I can't wait for Christmas. It's gonna be nice to take some time to myself and hopefully write more.

Love, Frida xx