Chapter 66: "Nightmare"

TRUE^^

⚠️TW:⚠️ nightmares

—————————————

Robbie plopped down where he  sat while we ate, and turned the TV on. The  movie Nova was "watching"  earlier came up. "Should we finish this?" he asked us.

"Do you want to finish the movie?" I asked Nova, and she shook her head. "Anything you want to watch then?"

"Something you're in", she mumbled, stuffing her face back into my neck. Robbie smirked at her answer, putting on Age of Ultron. "Not a bad choice   Nova", he laughed, knowing I don't really like watching myself.

So  yeah, we ended up watching Age of Ultron. Major cringe for me,  but for  Nova, I'd endure as much cringe as I have to in order to make  her happy.  During the course of the movie, Nova fell asleep, so with a  little  struggle, I carried her upstairs.

I  then helped Robbie  clean up before we also retreated into bed. Worrying  a little about  Nova, it took a while for me to fall asleep, but  Robbie's safe embrace  soon lulled me into a peaceful slumber.

A  couple hours later, we  were both awoken by a scream. I shot up, looking  around, slightly  disoriented from sleep. Nova. I had to get to her.  "I'll go to her, you  just stay here babe", I gave Robbie a peck on the  lips before getting  out of bed, taking my phone with me.

I  could hear muffled sobs coming from further  down the hall, so I wasted  no time. Knocking on the door, I received no  answer.

"Nova, I'm   coming in", I informed her. My hand found the door handle, and slowly   pushed it downwards. Her room was pitch black, and I could just make out   the outline of a figure huddled together on the bed.

"G-Get out", I heard a whimper. "Nova baby?" "I'm fine, g-go back to sleep!"

"Aww   honey..." I approached her, putting my phone on the nightstand. She  had  wrapped her arms tightly around herself, with her head in a pillow,   clearly trying to muffle her sobs. I sat down on the side of the bed,   moving one hand to her hands, gently stroking over her knuckles.

"G-Go   back to sleep", I heard her muffled voice. "I'm not leaving until you   are okay and calm honey." I tried to loosen her grip on herself, but  she  just tensed up, and I gave up, not wanting to escalate the  situation by  using force. So, I decided on talking her down first.

"Can   you take some deep breaths for me? I'm not leaving, it's just you and   me my sweet girl okay?" I continued rubbing her knuckles with my thumb.   "I- I- no", she was choking on her sobs from how hard she was crying.

"Come   here darling, you're okay, you're safe", I gently lead her into my   embrace. Reluctantly, she allowed me to scooch in behind her so that I   was leaning against the headboard with her in my arms. Her grip on her   knees and the pillow never loosened, but I didn't do anything about it.

"Focus   on the deep breaths okay? I love you so much my beautiful girl." My   hands stayed on hers, making sure they didn't make their way up to her   hairline. She hadn't pulled her hair in a while, but I didn't want this   hard day to ruin her progress.

I  felt her chest heave and  her sobs lessened slightly. "There we go hun,  you're doing such a good  job", I smiled. "Just focus on that okay? Just  me and you, no one  else", I spoke calmly as she calmed down.

Her  breathing  evened out and her sobs lessened to silent tears streaming  down her  face. The glossed look reappeared in her eyes as she calmed  down. She  leaned back into me, slightly turning her body so that she  could stuff  her face in the crook of my neck.

"𝐼'𝓋𝑒  𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊  Nova", I whispered to her. "Try to get some sleep okay?  I'm not going  anywhere." It took a while, but she eventually relaxed  enough to fall  asleep. Her slumber was restless, with her tossing and  turning  constantly, but with me holding her and gently stroking her  head, we  were able to avoid any more nightmares.

I  also fell asleep  eventually and woke up the next morning with Nova  still in my embrace.  To someone who didn't know her, you'd think she  looked peacefully  asleep. Everything but a small furrow in her eyebrows  pointed towards  that.

She  looked more peaceful than last night, but then  again, I had no idea how  she would be feeling today. I gently shifted  my body to a more upright  position so that I could lean against the  headboard, similarly to how I  had been last night, with Nova in between  my legs, almost on my lap.

I  scrolled through my phone for a  while until I heard some soft noises  escaping Nova as she slowly woke  up. She shifted in my embrace and I put  my phone away to give her my  undivided attention.

A  groan escaped her throat as she  subconsciously buried  her face  deeper  into me. "Good morning my  beautiful girl", I spoke  softly,  gently  rubbing her shoulder.  "M-Morning", she rasped, her  voice  cracking  slightly.

"How   are you feeling hunny?" I  asked  softly. "Better than yesterday, but   still not 100%." She opened  her  eyes, and the set of blue orbs met my   green ones. Her eyes were   slightly puffy and bloodshot still,   undoubtedly from how much she had   cried yesterday.

"That's   good, do you want me to stay  home  today as well?" I asked her, not sure   if she was ready to be  alone.  "I'm not sure if I want to stay cooped up   here today. I need  to do  something."

"Would  you like to come  with me to set? I  have a  pretty chill day and you  could just stay in my  trailer if you  don't  want to talk to people.  There's also a really  nice park nearby  if  you'd like to go for a little  walk", I suggested.

"Oh, so you have to go to work today?"

"Not     if you need me to stay home. You will always come first bubs, know     that, okay?" I made sure she knew how much she meant to me.

"But you took yesterday off?"

"So?"

"You'd     be willing to take more than one day off work just because I'm not     feeling great?" Nova questioned. "Of course hunny! Why would I not?  Just    like I said earlier, you come before work."

It  seemingly  took a   little time for the new piece of information to sink  it, and  even  when  it did, she had trouble believing it.

We   eventually  decided  on her coming to set with me. I'm currently filming    WandaVision, but  today was a pretty chill day, with only me and  Kathryn   on set. Robbie  had made us breakfast, and we had a nice,  relaxed   morning, eating  together by the kitchen island.

Nova   was a  lot more like  herself today and she was a lot less guarded  around   Robbie, even giving  him a little hug as a thank you for  breakfast and   for being  understanding yesterday. Robbie then had to  leave for work,   and I mean,  we did too.

---------------------------------------------------------

Heyyoooo!!!
How are we today my peeps?

Doing okay?

Take care of yourself, I love you all so so much <3

Love, Frida xx