Chapter 68: "You shouldn't see this"

⚠️TW:⚠️ small panic attack

————————————

"When did that happen?" Kathryn was speechless yet again. "Yesterday actually. We had a rough day which is why I wasn't here, and she ended up calling me mum!"

All the way to set, Kathryn was practically squealing like a teenager, stating we were too cute for this world. I swear, it's like I fell in love or something, based on how everyone is acting. But then again, I did. I fell in love with this beautiful person who I can now call my daughter.

I fell in love with Novella Adelaide Knight and I feel honoured to be able to call her mine. I feel honoured to be able to hold her when she needs it. I've grown to care so much about her, it's scary. I don't know what I'd do with myself if something happened to her.

Every time she gets up on a horse, I feel my heart beat just that little bit faster. Every time the horse spooks, my breath gets stuck in my throat. I worry for her, so so much. But it's her passion, it's what makes her happy, and I could never dream to take something like that away from her.

So all I can do is have faith in her, because she knows what she's doing. I have to hope she stays safe every time she goes to the barn by herself. Because horses are huge animals and they can be unpredictable sometimes.

I could see that Nova was slightly out of her comfort zone while introducing herself to the director, as all eyes were on her. It's not every day that my daughter visits set. Most people in her don't even know that she's my daughter.

But, they've all signed NDA's about anything that happens in here, so I know they won't go blabbering about it to the press. I hadn't asked Nova more about what she wanted to do when we introduced her to the public, especially with the day we had yesterday.

"You can sit here, I'll be right over there okay?" I assured Nova as I practically placed her in my chair. "I'll be just fine mum, go be amazing", Nova smiled, making me blush slightly, which Kathryn obviously had to point out as I walked out in front of the camera.

"Oh shut up", I groaned as all the crew members currently here either laughed or awed. The scenes were quite intense, and the director never seemed to be quite happy with how we were tackling it.

"Try to look more lost Liz, you have no clue what's going on! Your kids are in potential danger!" I huffed frustratingly, just wanting this scene to be done. As we restarted the scene, something in me broke and tears started streaming down my face.

I thought about Nova, how it would feel if something happened to her. I thought about how much pain she had endured, how much she had gone through. Kathryn circled me as I was suspended in the air, wires holding me in place, my hands tied behind my back.

I tried keeping up the strong front that Wanda was supposed to be holding up, but the tears betrayed me. Kathryn used this for the scene, but when her back was to the camera, her expression softened.

The director shouted "cut!", and I was lowered to the floor. Kathryn's comforting embrace was the next thing I felt around me, as a loud sob racked through my body. "That was so good Liz, you're okay, ssshhhh..." Kathryn comforted me as I felt her wave someone over.

Nova's pov:

The director never seemed quite happy with the scene, even though I could not for the life of me see why. Mum was getting increasingly more frustrated, and I could see that she was getting tired.

She eventually snapped and did the scene perfectly, but as soon as the director yelled cut, she broke down on the floor. Kathryn was quick to embrace her, and everything I wanted to do was do the same.

I stood up from the chair I was currently sitting in, but was hesitant to walk over to them for some reason. But Kathryn saw me and waved me over. I crouched in front of mum, not wanting to make anything worse. I wasn't really used to taking care of my mum, it was usually the other way around, but I wanted to be there for her.

Her arms were wrapped around herself, so I gently rubbed my thumbs across her knuckles, causing her to lift her head. "Hi", I smiled softly. Her eyes were puffy and bloodshot, and her gaze turned slightly panicked when she made eye contact with me.

"Y-You shouldn't see this", she whispered, her voice cracking. "I don't care mum, you need to take some deep breaths okay? That was a perfect take, you are so talented." I took her hands in mine, rubbing circles over her palms as I tried calming her down.

The tears wouldn't stop, and her breathing was slowly picking up. I sensed that everyone being here wasn't helping, so I ordered Kathryn to clear the room. "Get everyone out of here, she just needs some quiet time to calm down", I told her.

Kathryn nodded, and I put my focus back on my mum. She was still muttering some quiet apologies, mixed with her telling me I shouldn't see her like this. "I'm sorry Nova, so sorry, you shouldn't see this...."

"Don't be sorry mum, you're okay. You're always there for me, now let me be here for you okay? Remember the deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth okay? Slow, deep breaths", I spoke calmly, giving her a small, reassuring smile.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Kathryn ushering everyone out, making me smile slightly at how persistent she was being as the director seemed to not want to leave. I continued coaxing Lizzie through breathing as I simultaneously kept up the soft touches to her palms.

She eventually managed to calm down, and I eased her into an embrace which she melted into. "Thank you", she whispered. "It's no problem mum. You always help me, it's only fair I get to repay the favour."

We stayed like that for a while until I felt her body relax and her breath somewhat even out. "Maybe we should get up", mum suggested softly. "If you feel up for it, then sure." I made sure than she knew that we were doing it on her terms.

—————————————

Sorry, I felt like this story needed some action, so this is what you got 🤷‍♀️

But we got some fluff so you don't have a reason to be mad at me 😅

I hope you're doing okay, take care <3

Love, Frida xx